Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD13: Ravens War Room (Draft done, depth chart posted!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I just PMed this update offer to Flacco's agent "Joe Linta"
Flacco's Update Pitch wrote:
Quote:
8 years, $140m (17.5m/year); $25M Signing Bonus; $40M guaranteed; Option Bonus in 2018 of $18M

2013- Signing Bonus - $5M; Salary $1M (Guaranteed)
2014- Signing Bonus - $5M; Salary $11M (Guaranteed)
2015- Signing Bonus - $5M; Salary $12M
2016- Signing Bonus - $5M; Salary $16M
2017- Signing Bonus - $5M; Salary $16M
2018- Option Bonus - $6M; Salary $14M
2019- Option Bonus - $6M; Salary $14M
2020- Option Bonus - $6M; Salary $13M

Actual Cash;

2013 - $26M
2014 - $11M
2015 - $12M
2016 - $16M
2017 - $16M
2018 - $32M
2019 - $14M
2020 - $13M

Cap Hits;

2013 - $6M
2014 - $16M
2015 - $17M
2016 - $21M
2017 - $21M
2018 - $20M
2019 - $20M
2020 - $19M

Comparable AFCN QB Deals:
Precedence wrote:
Ben Roethlisberger (2008)- 8 years, $102M
Carson Palmer (2005) - 9 years, $118.75M

Here we see that the AFCN is a division that desires constancy. Both Palmer and Big Ben both received over 8 years for both of their deals. With Flacco's durability and arm strength, we'd love to be able to add that same type of constancy the Steelers and Bengals sought with their signings.

Comparable QB Contracts:
Quote:
Eli Manning (2009)- 7 years, $106.9m, $35m guaranteed.
Tom Brady (2010)- 5 years, $78.5m, $16m signing bonus, $25.8m misc bonus.
Peyton Mannig (2012)- 5 years, $96m
Drew Brees (2012)- 5 years, $100m

Obviously all franchise QBs are getting paid over $15m+. Tom Brady's deal is especially important as it shows the consistently successful organizations, that have a history of being frugal (like the Ravens), can sign big name players for a little less than market value for the good of the team.

Ravens5520 wrote:
Pitch:
Firstly Joe, We want to thankyou for bringing us our 2nd Superbowl title and winning the Superbowl MVP. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Disney World. You played like an elite QB throughout the playoffs and now we want to deliver a contract that pays you like an elite QB.

I'm sure you are well aware the Franchise Tag is the average of the top 5 QB's salaries for 2013 and has been set at $14.642m. We wanted to make sure we viewed you as elite and as such our contract offer to you averages $16.5m. This makes you one of the top paid QBs in the game today.

Congratulations to you and Dana on the announcement that you are expecting a 2nd child in the near future. To ensure you and your young family's financial security we want to guarantee $78m of the $132m total as detailed in the contract proposal. This is more than any recent guarantee to any player in the NFL as far as we can tell. As you have never missed a game in your 5 year career we believe that you are well worth this guaranteed money and it is a safe bet for us.

The deal has been structured to provide us with the least cap hit in year 1 of the deal. This will allow us to resign some of our other key vets and keep hold of your favorite target Anquan Boldin who we are attempting to extend for a further 4 years. We hope that by keeping our core together we can make a run at being repeat champions.

With Ray Lewis retiring we feel that you are now the unquestioned leader of this team and this contract reflects are intentions to tie you to the team and the city of Baltimore for the rest of your playing career. We want you to continue to benefit the city through your charitable foundation (The Living Classrooms Foundation) as well as the numerous other charities that you have been involved in during your 5 years as a Raven. We believe you have become a symbol of the city that we all can be proud of. Baltimore is the perfect city for you to bring up your family and is only a short journey from your family roots in New Jersey not to mention your brother Mike could soon be joining you in Baltimore when the Orioles decide to bring him up from the minor leagues.

Signing with us for a further 8 years will give you a chance to cement the growing legend that is Joe Flacco and immortalise yourself in Baltimore Sporting Folklore. We will be delighted to one day have to errect a Joe Flacco statue next to the late great Johnny Unitas. If the next 8 years are anywhere near as successful as your first 5 years that is only a formality.

Thank you from the Baltimore Ravens organization and we look forward to hearing back from yourself.

khodder wrote:
Dealio.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so with Joe now signed. Time to franchise Reed. Since Ravens5520 seems to be away right now, I'll do it... only I'll read the official post structure first... kind of skipped doing that my first time on this carousel. Razz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Okay, so with Joe now signed. Time to franchise Reed. Since Ravens5520 seems to be away right now, I'll do it... only I'll read the official post structure first... kind of skipped doing that my first time on this carousel. Razz

We might need to vote on franchising Reed just from what I have been reading in the main FFMD threads.

Although it gets my vote.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

We might need to vote on franchising Reed just from what I have been reading in the main FFMD threads.

Although it gets my vote.

Don't Franchise Reed. I don't think it's worth the cost.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the Boldin extension deal last night to EZ, but he's failed to check the PM. I'm a little concerned that they won't get around to that deal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are everyone's thoughts on Shaun Phillips as a replacement for Krugar's pass rush? He's the type of under the radar free agent Ozzie Might spring for. He's on the downside of his career, but he still has a few productive years left.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already applied the franchise to Reed, but I can edit the post still.

Official Vote: Should we use the franchise tag on a player? If so who should we use it on?

Ed Reed, S = $6.798 million
Dannell Ellerbe, ILB = $9.455 million
Paul Kruger, OLB/DE = $9.455/$10.984 million
Bryant McKinnie, LT = $9.660 million

Reed is by far the cheapest option to franchise and franchising reduced the headache associated with potentially losing out on him and having to replace him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

Official Vote: Should we use the franchise tag on a player? If so who should we use it on?

Reed is by far the cheapest option to franchise and franchising reduced the headache associated with potentially losing out on him and having to replace him.

I'll start off the official vote...

Yes. Franchise Ed Reed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

Reed.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on Shaun Phillips as a replacement for Krugar's pass rush? He's the type of under the radar free agent Ozzie Might spring for. He's on the downside of his career, but he still has a few productive years left.

I don't think we need him. This draft will be uber deep at pass rushers. No need to waste precious cap space on a veteran that is "on the downside of his career". We need more spring on the defense. Guys that can play for days. This draft will have impact pass rushers potentially available all the way up to our 3rd round pick... So I see no reason to sign a free agent pass rushing option that will at least attract some moderate FA attention... enough attention to make more than the veteran minimum.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

I vote for Reed too.
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I sent the Boldin extension deal last night to EZ, but he's failed to check the PM. I'm a little concerned that they won't get around to that deal.

They will eventually. Remember that that there are up to 64 proposals that need to be discussed and they are all going through the one guy

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

I vote no, Reed isn't worth nearly 7 million dollars.

Last edited by alfalcone on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ravens5520

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

Thank you for filling in and the help!

Awesome job getting Flacco resigned! 6m cap hit is huge for us!

I vote no franchise tag

Go after Reed via Free Agency.. Unless we Are concerned he will choose $$$ over repeating or retiring with Baltimore. I watched our Ravens championship parade and Reeds attitude there was one I don't see leaving us anytime soon. Almost 7 mill for a guy, at the beginning of this ffmd all of us were completely against giving Reed the tag or more than 4m a year... Now that we saved a little $$ on Flacco, we are quick to hand Reed 7 million and deal with the contract again in a year.

Kruger is the only one I like to Franchise.. Everyone is voting to give Reed 6.7 verse keeping a young up and coming Kruger for 9.4m
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

They will eventually. Remember that that there are up to 64 proposals that need to be discussed and they are all going through the one guy

Yeah I'm not panicking. Just a little worried. It's really our last thing on the agenda to get done. And waiting always makes me nervous. They could turn down the deal... And then we'd be left without that extra cap space. So until I can see the final result, I'll be slightly concerned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 20 of 54

Jump to: