Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room and SignUps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

Word. Chali seems like an eager beaver and he'll have oakdb, Rolni, R4S! and Darth around for some FFMD vet support.

Yeah I didn't think it'd be tough to find a replacement. I did look and the draft happens on the 27th at 8 AM. So I will be around for the first pick whatever we decide to do w/ it. I can't remember the time windows but I will be officially out of commission at roughly 10 PM EST On the 28th as I have to catch a 6 AM flight the 1st.

So whomever steps up might have to make a pick. I will explain my thoughts to almost everyone by then in an influence is needed involving a potential quarrel in who the pick should be.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be for making an offer to Sebastian Vollmer in the second tier. I've looked at contracts for the top RTs in the league and they're affordable. If you want to know how much that is, pm me.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I'd be for making an offer to Sebastian Vollmer in the second tier. I've looked at contracts for the top RTs in the league and they're affordable. If you want to know how much that is, pm me.

Absolutely. He could provide bookends for us for quite some time. Let me know of some good ideas to off-balance the cap hit also if you wouldn't mind.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Absolutely. He could provide bookends for us for quite some time. Let me know of some good ideas to off-balance the cap hit also if you wouldn't mind.

Well, there's a rule for the contracts with those 4 tiers of FAs. The cap hit can't increase by more than 15% each year. I'll send you a contract proposal in a few.he's in tier 2 though so we can't pursue him just yet. I think we can all agree we'll pass on anyone in tier 1, right?
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

I agree, this team has gone to long without having a competent RT.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

While I agree that RT needs to be addressed my concern is that a major signing like Vollmer will either prevent the Raiders from signing other FAs (ie: Vollmer will be the only acquisition) or cause an unanticipated domino effect of salary cap casualties to fill the roster of worthy starters.

I have mixed feelings as to what Tiered FA is more important RT Vollmer or NT Knighton. If I had to choose between the two I'd rather have Knighton who may be pivotal to run a 34 and resign Barnes (worst case scenario) considering we are returning to a PBS.

Idk but it's worthy of discussion because we don't have much cap space and probably should only target one major FA signing.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

While I agree that RT needs to be addressed my concern is that a major signing like Vollmer will either prevent the Raiders from signing other FAs (ie: Vollmer will be the only acquisition) or cause an unanticipated domino effect of salary cap casualties to fill the roster of worthy starters.

I have mixed feelings as to what Tiered FA is more important RT Vollmer or NT Knighton. If I had to choose between the two I'd rather have Knighton who may be pivotal to run a 34 and resign Barnes (worst case scenario) considering we are returning to a PBS.

Idk but it's worthy of discussion because we don't have much cap space and probably should only target one major FA signing.

I like your processing on this. I prefer Knighton/Barnes to Vollmer. RT's are not the quality caliber position worth our limited FA abilities. A centerpiece NT to our defense is way more of a priority financially. 3rd and 4th round draft pick RT's start every season. Maybe not day 1 but they sure come around with a bandaid starter. We also have Bergstrom.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT Cherilus
RT (deleted)

are both available cheaper than Vollmer I believe. However, we need more options at NT in case Knighton gets out of our price range.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i'm concerned, Vollmer is a top RT while Knighton is just a NT.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely Vollmer is a top OT but what about the rest of the team? Similar to the real Raiders shouldnt we be building evenly? I was hoping to get a few guys as we're short draft picks.

True enough though NT Knighton is just a guy so I can get behind Vollmer easily.

Bonez wrote:
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

RT is not as an important position as NT. Especially with the unleashing of a new 3-4. If we really want an OT there will be quality rookies available in the draft, rolling with Barnes as a bandaid wouldn't be as significant as a loss, talent wise, as rolling with what we currently have at NT and given we can't rely on Star being available at our pick.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

RT is not as an important position as NT. Especially with the unleashing of a new 3-4. If we really want an OT there will be quality rookies available in the draft, rolling with Barnes as a bandaid wouldn't be as significant as a loss, talent wise, as rolling with what we currently have at NT and given we can't rely on Star being available at our pick.

We can have 13M to spend on FA. We can get Vollmer and a NT. I want to make an offer to both. I'll send you guys the contract offer for Vollmer.
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

We can have 13M to spend on FA. We can get Vollmer and a NT. I want to make an offer to both. I'll send you guys the contract offer for Vollmer.

Yes I'd like to see them please

Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Yes I'd like to see them please

Could we put in an offer on David Jones and Larry Grant too please? When it gets to be time, that is. Ideally we'd land one of the 2 at least.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price check on WR Moore, please?

In addition could we add asking prices to our trading block? Discuss.

Bonez wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 44 of 85

Jump to: