Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room and SignUps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Yeah I probably overlooked him three times. I wouldn't object to that.

I'll put together a contract offer tomorrow and we can submit it if everyone is good with that.

I think that more than solidifies the CB position even in terms of depth. W/ Greer, Adams (assuming he'll be back which I think we all want), Huff if we decide to keep him there, and Jefferson, we should be set.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:
I think Dwyer would've been good if we we wouldn't have gotten an rb already. What we gonna do about free agency? What's cap look like?

I think we're definitely good at RB. I did get a recent inquiry about McFadden. I've asked our south rep to give me his take on that and to contact them unless he wanted me to. Still waiting to hear back.

As for FA, we have to address RT, NT, OLB, both S positions, and ILB most of all either in that or the draft. We can develop a game plan for that once we get closer to FA. Our cap is OK right now (we're under LOL) but it will improve shortly.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer's extension was approved!

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA starts tomorrow. I don't think we got a lot of answers the first time so would you want to pursue any of the following:

WR Greg Jennings
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Wes Welker
OT Jake Long
OG Andy Levitre
DE Cliff Avril
OLB James Harrison
CB Brent Grimes

For info, we should be just over 10M in cap room at the moment since Adams will apparently be back with us on his 1.26M tender. We can get more cap room and we will with a few cuts. We also need to keep at least 7.015M to sign our current draft picks.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
FA starts tomorrow. I don't think we got a lot of answers the first time so would you want to pursue any of the following:

WR Greg Jennings
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Wes Welker
OT Jake Long
OG Andy Levitre
DE Cliff Avril
OLB James Harrison
CB Brent Grimes

For info, we should be just over 10M in cap room at the moment since Adams will apparently be back with us on his 1.26M tender. We can get more cap room and we will with a few cuts. We also need to keep at least 7.015M to sign our current draft picks.

So does that mean we only have 3 million to spend?

I say go after Levitre and maybe Avril

We don't need to break the bank on a WR because we traded for Holmes.
Also the trade for Greer makes getting Grimes unimportant too.
I'm also not in love with Long because of his price tag and Injury history.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:

So does that mean we only have 3 million to spend?

I say go after Levitre and maybe Avril

We don't need to break the bank on a WR because we traded for Holmes.
Also the trade for Greer makes getting Grimes unimportant too.
I'm also not in love with Long because of his price tag and Injury history.

Right now, 3M is what we have to work with. We can clear some more (around 10M) whenever we have too though.

Levitre is looking at a 7M+/year contract. Avril somewhere in the 10M/year.
The agents are giving hints to the contracts they're looking for in the FFMD rumor thread if you want to look at it.

Imo, those guys are all too expensive for us. Levitre is the only one we could afford but we'd be pretty limited the rest of the way.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of the defensive guys you listed, I'd only consider Harrison. Grimes will be too costly. Avril too, and he's not even remotely close to worth it

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do long/welker/Jennings want ?

Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo, we should only focus on Tier III FAs. The only guy I'm interested is NT Knighton.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Imo, we should only focus on Tier III FAs. The only guy I'm interested is NT Knighton.

Yes to this

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

WR Greg Jennings
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Wes Welker
OT Jake Long
OG Andy Levitre
DE Cliff Avril
OLB James Harrison
CB Brent Grimes

I think ALL of these guys will cost far too much for us. I would like to make an argument for Harrison but that's about it. Levitre if we were sticking w/ a ZBS but we're seemingly switching back so I don't like him that much.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Yes to this

I agree as well but I'm most certainly up for any reasoning anyone may have for any player. Please feel free to speak up.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imo, we should discuss the draft a bit too first to get a better idea of how we're gonna attack Free Agency. As in, are we planning on taking a pass rusher or Olineman or trading or a CB or whatever. I'm not saying post specific details in here, but PMs work or just a general idea so we can get on the same page.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Imo, we should discuss the draft a bit too first to get a better idea of how we're gonna attack Free Agency. As in, are we planning on taking a pass rusher or Olineman or trading or a CB or whatever. I'm not saying post specific details in here, but PMs work or just a general idea so we can get on the same page.

I agree to an extent. I didn;t want to draw up a specific gameplan to have it ruined by not being able to get a key guy in FA. I think there does need to be some sort of plan but I think it should be determined on what happens w/ FA.... I need to find out when the draft starts. I hope I'm around for our first pick LOL. I'ma go check on that. FYI, in case anyone forgot, I'm going to be out of the country on March 1st and not home until the 4th so while i might be able to check in from time to time, my activity will be rather light those days so I will need an AGM to step up. If they cannot, I'm sure I could find someone.

I'll actually give you my prelim thoughts here shortly since you're on the defensive side of the ball.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I agree to an extent. I didn;t want to draw up a specific gameplan to have it ruined by not being able to get a key guy in FA. I think there does need to be some sort of plan but I think it should be determined on what happens w/ FA.... I need to find out when the draft starts. I hope I'm around for our first pick LOL. I'ma go check on that. FYI, in case anyone forgot, I'm going to be out of the country on March 1st and not home until the 4th so while i might be able to check in from time to time, my activity will be rather light those days so I will need an AGM to step up. If they cannot, I'm sure I could find someone.

I'll actually give you my prelim thoughts here shortly since you're on the defensive side of the ball.

Word. Chali seems like an eager beaver and he'll have oakdb, Rolni, R4S! and Darth around for some FFMD vet support.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 43 of 85

Jump to: