You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room and SignUps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Rolni,

Thanks for doing that. I believe the rules state we can restructure two people's contracts. I'm all for Palmer's but is there anyone else anyone would have in mind??
The other guy would be Huff for me...
We will see what they have for his cap number, what they do with the roster bonus...

Huff was one I had in mind and Bagga also listed McFadden whom was the other person I was thinking of now that we're seemingly switching back to PBS. When healthy, in that system, he was a good back. The health thing is what worries me haha.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
If we can get a third or a fourth for Pryor I'd add Geno Smith near the top of the big board. If we move Palmer then would we want to make a move for a quarterback via trade or free agency or would we rather pick up another young guy in the draft and go into the season with a few inexperienced quarterbacks?

Also what are some of the positions you guys would like to address in the draft? I want to start getting some scouting reports up on guys so we have those available before the draft and have time to properly evaluate who would be good fits after we make some trades and signings.

I'd be for moving Smith up if that be the case but it's not my favorite thing. I just don't find him to be a great prospect considering where he'll end up going. I think he'll be a serviceable starter in this league given some time but I feel we have other needs to address first. It's not certainly out of the possibilities though.

As for positions to address, IMO I would really like:

DE
NT
MLB
RT
TE (assuming we lose Myers)
CB
S (higher if we can ship off Branch)

I think we're good on DTs but we need that anchor. Pass rush, and I believe most people would agree, is our most dire need.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I agree on the trade block and how you suggested assigning people to offers. That is a good idea and should the situation present itself, that will be how it is handled. Probably through open vote as I would not want to assign someone a trade duty they won't be comfortable doing.

Actually what i meant is DarthDavis could be responsible for trade talks with the ANorth and East, Bagga the AWest and South and i'd take the NNorth and East (with someone else for the NSouth and West), for example. None us would negotiate the trades all the way through on our own but we'd brought back the worthy ones for everyone to discuss.
If that's something everybody is ok with, i really don't care which divisions i'd be responsible for. So just let me know.

Even better. Solid idea.

I'll let everyone nominate themselves for trade opportunities w/ divisions. I'll take the last remaining if need be.

Let's do it this way

AFC/NFC East
AFC/NFC North
AFC/NFC South
AFC/NFC West

If we could have 4 people (people on the trade committee obviously get first choice) take a region, that would be great.

Ok, give me the East then.

DMC - 3rd/4th
Palmer - 2nd
DHB - 5th
Kelly - 6th
Pryor - 3rd
Huff - 5th
Brisel - 6th
McClain - anything
Branch - 3rd
Jones - player for player trade or low round pick

We have to scout FAs as well. Ranking them for every position would help.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I'd be for moving Smith up if that be the case but it's not my favorite thing. I just don't find him to be a great prospect considering where he'll end up going. I think he'll be a serviceable starter in this league given some time but I feel we have other needs to address first. It's not certainly out of the possibilities though.

DE
NT
MLB
RT
CB

I think we're good on DTs but we need that anchor. Pass rush, and I believe most people would agree, is our most dire need.

I'd much rather restructure Palmer's deal and keep Pryor around just so we don't create another gaping hole that we'll need to address.

An ideal situation would be to move back into the mid-teens and acquire some picks and then target a guy like Dion Jordan or Ezekiel Ansah. And then taking a look at Poyer, Short, Fluker, or Jesse Williams in the second depending on who's available.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm new, but I can be of assistance. Perhaps as a WR or TE scout.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:

No problem! If that's what you want, it's yours.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to start off & gauge what other teams think:

DHB 4th
Kelly 6th
Pryor 4th
Huff 3rd
Brisel anything
McClain anything

I wouldn't trade Palmer. I don't see us getting equal value or finding an equal replacement for him. Personally, I would just restructure his contract. I would only let him go if you guys want Geno Smith & he is on the board when we pick.

I believe you get 2 players/chances to restructure. You also have to give good reasoning as to why, otherwise the player will not accept. Palmer seems doable, but I can't find a valid reason to use on DMC to restructure.
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:

No problem! If that's what you want, it's yours.

I can do both then, unless somebody else wants one of these positions.

Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Just to start off & gauge what other teams think:

DHB 4th
Kelly 6th
Pryor 4th
Huff 3rd
Brisel anything
McClain anything

I wouldn't trade Palmer. I don't see us getting equal value or finding an equal replacement for him. Personally, I would just restructure his contract. I would only let him go if you guys want Geno Smith & he is on the board when we pick.

I believe you get 2 players/chances to restructure. You also have to give good reasoning as to why, otherwise the player will not accept. Palmer seems doable, but I can't find a valid reason to use on DMC to restructure.

Are extensions allowed? Because if anything, giving him an extension while reducing his salary just for this year will give him job security going forward considering he is so injury-prone. Maybe that can seal the deal.

Or if not, try to restructure Branch of Huff.

DarthDavis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the Northeners. I think we should be looking to trade some of those players for other players. Everyone wants to load up on draft picks, which is the common theme in FFMD. But we should maybe look to trade FOR EXAMPLE: DHB for DT Marvin Austin. (Not my opinion just an example siting the Giants trade block)

Last edited by DarthDavis on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eagles have Trent Cole up on the their block. That would solve our RDE pass rush, assuming we are sticking with the 4-3. I wasn't crossing lines to whoever reps the easts, I found out on the Bengals.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm the West division writer, justo. I'm posting in here, so I can follow the thread. When you name the Director of Media Relations, have him contact me. Good luck with FFMD.

If anyone else wants to hit me up with general info, be my guest. It can be anonymous.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take west? I like a challenge Wink lol

Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
The eagles have Trent Cole up on the their block. That would solve our RDE pass rush, assuming we are sticking with the 4-3. I wasn't crossing lines to whoever reps the easts, I found out on the Bengals.

What do you think it will take to land him? I'd love for us to add him.

Play4Blood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

DE
NT
MLB
RT
CB

TE is a pretty glaring need whether Myers is retained or not. Dude really isn't very good. He and Palmer look good together in garbage time against soft zones, but...

He's also an embarrassingly bad blocker.

I'd look at it something like...

At least one, preferably two, DE/Rush LB (Pretty sure we're going to be scheme diverse, if not 3-4 heavy.)
RT
G
NT
CB

TE (No starting caliber options on the roster.)
ILB (Less of an issue if we retain Wheeler. I like him a lot as a 34 ILB.)
FS (or CB again, if Reggie stands by his word and moves Huff back to FS.)
DT/5 Tech
WR (Who's our go-to guy?)
QB (Long term answer.)
FB (We have no one to push open the door for our HBs in short yardage.)
RB (I believe this is Fad's last year with us, and now would be a good time to find his replacement.)
Depth everywhere

Tarver used some really interesting 3-4 sets at the end of the season, and with some effect. He comes from that 49er defensive staff, so the 3-4 is in his repertoire if it's not his preferred scheme. Houston especially seemed to come alive as a rush LB, which totally blew me away. Whether or not they see him as the long term option in that role remains to be seen. I prefer him as a chess piece. Play him at that rush LB on some downs, 5 tech or nose on others, and as a 3 tech in our even fronts.

Just at a glance of this alignment going forward, with hopeful FA re-signees in red...

DE: Bryant
NT: Bilukidi
DE: Shaugnessy, Crawford

OLB: Houston
ILB: Burris, Goethel
ILB: Wheeler, Gaither
OLB: ?

CB: Adams, Chekwa
CB: Ross, Hanson
FS: Huff
SS: Branch

Or the 43, if you prefer...

DE: Carter
DT: Bilukidi
DT: Bryant, Shaugnessy
DE: Houston

OLB: Burris
MLB: Gaither
OLB: Wheeler

Note that I didn't mark RFAs or ERFAs. No real worries with regards to losing them. Nor did I bother using guys who are basically out the door already.

Depth everywhere looks bleak, except at CB and NT where the depth is actually starting. A little unsettling.

Cheap re-signs like Shags and Gaither would really help us address our depth concerns. Gaither, while not someone I'd hand the keys to, upgraded our defense notably when he was put in for Mr. Mugshot. I believe he's earned his keep, if only as a reserve.

The Case for Matt Shaughnessy
I honestly love Shags as a starting 5 tech, if not a rotational DT in even fronts. He's already pushing 290. Hulk him up another 10-15 pounds and throw him into the rotation. He's neither quick nor fast enough to be a true 43 DE. He's stout as hell against the run, though. He likely won't get much FA attention, but could be very effective for us in a role that isn't RDE in an even front.

The offense is...well...it could be in better shape theoretically. RT and RG (assuming Bergstrom takes over at LG) are holding the entire unit back, though.

LT: Veldheer
LG: Bergstrom
C: Wiz, Parsons
RG: Nix
RT: ?
TE: ?

QB: Palmer*, Pryor
FB: Reece, Olawale
RB: McFadden*, Goodson

WR: Moore, Ford
WR: Streater, Criner, DHB*

Asterisks indicate that this player's roster spot is at least somewhat in doubt.

I could force fit Gordon and Ausberry into the TE slot, but I remain hopeful, as I was last year, that we upgrade the entire TE depth chart this offseason.

RG is a spot we might have someone capable of starting, but I'm not counting on it. I like both Nix and Parsons, but not enough that I'd pass up the chance to add a potential stud there.

RT is just a vacant lot where opposing DEs play tee ball with our QBs' heads.

We also lack a go-to receiver. I'm not picky. Give me a legit TE and I'll ride with our current WRs for another year. Give me a true #1 WR and I'll still want that legit TE.

Anyway, enough of me.

Oakland's new punter. Yes. Punter.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 3 of 85

Jump to: