You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room and SignUps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 83, 84, 85  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

One thing I think we need to get out first is who is on our trading block.

C.Palmer
T.Pryor
D.McFadden
T.Jones
DHB
M.Brisiel
T.Kelly
R.McClain
M.Huff
T.Branch

Looks good to me. I would await a few others opinions on potential traders but I don't have a single problem w/ any of these people.

What positions would you feel we should target in terms of trading or should we do cap numbers first?

Yeah, we're in no hurry, let everybody discuss our trade block first.

We should be looking for draft picks first and foremost but if we're offered players, i guess we'll discuss it on a case by case basis.
Btw, if there are multiple people looking for trade opportunities maybe we should be assigned to explore trades with particular divisions so we don't overlap and we all spend less time on it.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my 2 cents, the only players not on our trade block should be Wiz, Veldheer, and Reece, possibly D Moore.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys cap wise here are my first\early suggestions (we can start working for real, when the FFMD cap, salary numbers are released):
-Cut\trade Tommy Kelly 4.775.000 could be saved with the move.
-Cut\trade DHB 5.091.000 could be saved.
-Cut\trade Brisiel 2.720.000 could be saved.
-Cut\trade McClain. This is basically not a financial move, since we can’t save much or any at all. I think we can get at least a 7th rounder here in FFMD for him.

Here are some guys with the potential cap number after a trade:
-Palmer would mean 9.108.333 saving
-DMC would mean 3.694.083 saving
-Huff would mean 1.791.250 saving
Branch would cos tus if he is traded or cut, so I wouldn’t do that…

Restructure:
I think we should try to restructure Palmer big time, since we are only here for this season, so no cap penality next year for us Smile
We could try this:
Turn his 13M base salary into 900K salary and 12,1M in bonus for the remaining 2 fix years…
His current:
salary bonus cap hit
13000000 3891667 16891667

Potential new:
salary bonus cap hit
900000 9941667 10841667

When it comes to resigning(UFA) we should focus on them IMO:
Desmond Bryant
Phillip Wheeler
Mike Mitchell
Joselio Hanson
Shawntae Spencer

I think we should bring back our ERFA and RFA guys…
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni,

Thanks for doing that. I believe the rules state we can restructure two people's contracts. I'm all for Palmer's but is there anyone else anyone would have in mind??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

One thing I think we need to get out first is who is on our trading block.

C.Palmer
T.Pryor
D.McFadden
T.Jones
DHB
M.Brisiel
T.Kelly
R.McClain
M.Huff
T.Branch

Looks good to me. I would await a few others opinions on potential traders but I don't have a single problem w/ any of these people.

What positions would you feel we should target in terms of trading or should we do cap numbers first?

Yeah, we're in no hurry, let everybody discuss our trade block first.

We should be looking for draft picks first and foremost but if we're offered players, i guess we'll discuss it on a case by case basis.
Btw, if there are multiple people looking for trade opportunities maybe we should be assigned to explore trades with particular divisions so we don't overlap and we all spend less time on it.

I agree on the trade block and how you suggested assigning people to offers. That is a good idea and should the situation present itself, that will be how it is handled. Probably through open vote as I would not want to assign someone a trade duty they won't be comfortable doing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Just my 2 cents, the only players not on our trade block should be Wiz, Veldheer, and Reece, possibly D Moore.

I think everyone has a price. If someone came up to us and said "hey, I love Wiz, here's a first rounder for him" there's really no way I can't snag that LOL. I get what you're saying and I'll keep that in mind that you would prefer a high price on these guys (if at all) if someone comes knocking at our door regarding them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Rolni,

Thanks for doing that. I believe the rules state we can restructure two people's contracts. I'm all for Palmer's but is there anyone else anyone would have in mind??
The other guy would be Huff for me...
We will see what they have for his cap number, what they do with the roster bonus...
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

I think everyone has a price. If someone came up to us and said "hey, I love Wiz, here's a first rounder for him" there's really no way I can't snag that LOL. I get what you're saying and I'll keep that in mind that you would prefer a high price on these guys (if at all) if someone comes knocking at our door regarding them.

Yeah I'm not saying they're untradeable but it would take a first or a high value to move them. They're all fairly young and the best players on our team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone! my name is bball and I am the head coach of the Giants. My duty is to reach out to all AFC south and west teams for any trade opportunity. Our current trade block is as follows:

Quote:
New York Giants Trade Block
HB - Ahmad Bradshaw - 3rd
OT - David Diehl - 6th
DT - Chris Canty - 3rd
DT - Marvin Austin - 4th
LB - Michael Boley - 4th
CB - Corey Webster - 4th
S - Antrel Rolle - 2nd

We are open to discuss the majority of players on our team for the right price though.

Also whoever is responsible for trade discussions on your board, feel free to contact me.

Thank you and hopefully we can do business!
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

I agree on the trade block and how you suggested assigning people to offers. That is a good idea and should the situation present itself, that will be how it is handled. Probably through open vote as I would not want to assign someone a trade duty they won't be comfortable doing.

Actually what i meant is DarthDavis could be responsible for trade talks with the ANorth and East, Bagga the AWest and South and i'd take the NNorth and East (with someone else for the NSouth and West), for example. None us would negotiate the trades all the way through on our own but we'd brought back the worthy ones for everyone to discuss.
If that's something everybody is ok with, i really don't care which divisions i'd be responsible for. So just let me know.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Actually what i meant is DarthDavis could be responsible for trade talks with the ANorth and East, Bagga the AWest and South and i'd take the NNorth and East (with someone else for the NSouth and West), for example. None us would negotiate the trades all the way through on our own but we'd brought back the worthy ones for everyone to discuss.
If that's something everybody is ok with, i really don't care which divisions i'd be responsible for. So just let me know.

Even better. Solid idea.

I'll let everyone nominate themselves for trade opportunities w/ divisions. I'll take the last remaining if need be.

Let's do it this way

AFC/NFC East
AFC/NFC North
AFC/NFC South
AFC/NFC West

If we could have 4 people (people on the trade committee obviously get first choice) take a region, that would be great.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so what is our asking price for our trading block players?

I'm thinking:

DMC low 1st or high 2nd
Palmer 3rd
DHB 4th or 5th
Kelly 4th or 5th
Pryor 3rd or 4th
Huff 3rd or 4th
Brisel 5th or 6th
McClain 5th or 7th
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restructure both Palmer and DMC. Reasoning cornerstones of the offense and won't receive equatable compensation in return.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get a third or a fourth for Pryor I'd add Geno Smith near the top of the big board. If we move Palmer then would we want to make a move for a quarterback via trade or free agency or would we rather pick up another young guy in the draft and go into the season with a few inexperienced quarterbacks?

Also what are some of the positions you guys would like to address in the draft? I want to start getting some scouting reports up on guys so we have those available before the draft and have time to properly evaluate who would be good fits after we make some trades and signings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Ok so what is our asking price for our trading block players?

I'm thinking:

DMC low 1st or high 2nd
Palmer 3rd
DHB 4th or 5th
Kelly 4th or 5th
Pryor 3rd or 4th
Huff 3rd or 4th
Brisel 5th or 6th
McClain 5th or 7th

All seems reasonable to me. I don't expect McFadden to get that kind of attention but we could see.

Everyone else can list their thoughts as well.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 2 of 85

Jump to: