Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 Chargers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to find a trade that can move Bigby, Gaither, and our 6th to get a high 5th.

Ronnie Brown, Kevin Smith, or Rashad Jennings, who do we throw bids on? Jennings is a Jag in 6hrs, so if the vote goes to him, one of you with an AGM title needs to throw an offer on him. I'm going to sleep soon.

I have a bid in on Porter for $3.6m.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who has the AGM spots and the abilities to bid? We need to bid up on Tracy.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Who has the AGM spots and the abilities to bid? We need to bid up on Tracy.

Done

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randle just went. Mad

Still some good RBs though.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there goes LBC's boy.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go into work tomorrow morning, so there's a good chance I won't be around to make the pick. Even if I am, I'm going to need a list in place of who you guys want.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point here's what I'm working with:

Just Straight Value:
Malliciah Goodman - DE/DT - Clemson
Jon Bostic - ILB - Florida (short arms - may well be a two-down player)
Reid Fragel - OT - Ohio State
Will Davis - CB - Utah State
Chris Harper - WR - Kansas State

More Need than Value:
Stepfan Taylor - RB - Stanford (not great long speed, but he's plug and play with his pass-blocking abilities)
Earl Watford - G - James Madison (I'm not the biggest fan, but I know some are)
Mike Gillislee - RB - Florida
Mychal Rivera - TE/H-Back - Tennessee

Value and Need:
Hugh Thornton - G/C - Illinois
David Bass - OLB - Missouri Western
Keith Pough - ILB/OLB - Howard (likely projects inside for us, but he's a 3-down backer in Phillips' mold in that he can kick to nickel-backer and pass-rush from there as well)
Alvin Bailey - G - Arkansas

I'd be on board with any of Thornton, Bass, or Pough. I admit to having a bit a man-crush on Pough, though Bass and Thornton may have more immediate value to us. There's really not a bad pick among those three though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with any of those, but Alvin Bailey really intrigues me. Long time starter and a pretty athletic guard.

Do you like Jawan LBC?

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
I'm fine with any of those, but Alvin Bailey really intrigues me. Long time starter and a pretty athletic guard.

Do you like Jawan LBC?

Jawann I just worry about his ceiling. Being built like and having a running style like Ray Rice is great when you have the kind of burst and explosive ability that Ray Rice has. I'm not sure I see that in Jamison. A 4.68s 40 is forgivable (some guys just aren't going to be track stars), but the mid 1.6's 10 yard split is a cause for concern as is the only 9'2" broad jump (I was expecting his vert to be low because he's short with short arms).

Going back and reevaluating the tape with the combine numbers in mind, I don't see someone who is necessarily going to push Mathews but rather someone who will likely cause him to just be content to stick with current habits (i.e. Jamison looks like a pure COP/3rd down back at the next level; and I truly believe in order to light a fire under Ryan we need someone with the upside to legitimately push him for starter's reps because they're more complete than he is - if perhaps less athletically gifted).

Someone I'm not entirely unsold on is Mike James. I'm not opposed to Stepfan Taylor either, because of his floor. He'll push Mathews right out the gate if our OL can block worth a damn. He's just got the ceiling of say a Green-Ellis (but then the guy with the higher ceiling in Christine Taylor can't pass-block to save his life and has a terrible me-first attitude). If Dennis Johnson didn't have concerns with regard to his ability to hold onto the ball (14 fumbles in the 3 seasons he saw action for Arkansas), I'd be all over him because he reminds me a ton of Ahmad Bradshaw.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with a lot of guys, I think Bailey has more upside than Thornton, but I'm not opposed. I have tennis practice from 10:30-12 so I won't be around, but I'mm confident we will make the right pick.

#JDI
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
I'm fine with a lot of guys, I think Bailey has more upside than Thornton, but I'm not opposed. I have tennis practice from 10:30-12 so I won't be around, but I'mm confident we will make the right pick.

Haha, tennis...(sorry had to do it)...

But i still like Christine Michael (I think this is who your talking about LBC, Christine Taylor is an actress) or Mike Gilislee over any other RB for the most part.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
winitall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
At this point here's what I'm working with:

Just Straight Value:
Malliciah Goodman - DE/DT - Clemson
Jon Bostic - ILB - Florida (short arms - may well be a two-down player)
Reid Fragel - OT - Ohio State
Will Davis - CB - Utah State
Chris Harper - WR - Kansas State

More Need than Value:
Stepfan Taylor - RB - Stanford (not great long speed, but he's plug and play with his pass-blocking abilities)
Earl Watford - G - James Madison (I'm not the biggest fan, but I know some are)
Mike Gillislee - RB - Florida
Mychal Rivera - TE/H-Back - Tennessee

Value and Need:
Hugh Thornton - G/C - Illinois
David Bass - OLB - Missouri Western
Keith Pough - ILB/OLB - Howard (likely projects inside for us, but he's a 3-down backer in Phillips' mold in that he can kick to nickel-backer and pass-rush from there as well)
Alvin Bailey - G - Arkansas

I'd be on board with any of Thornton, Bass, or Pough. I admit to having a bit a man-crush on Pough, though Bass and Thornton may have more immediate value to us. There's really not a bad pick among those three though.

Bostic was taken in the 4th around pick 110.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Haha, tennis...(sorry had to do it)...

But i still like Christine Michael (I think this is who your talking about LBC, Christine Taylor is an actress) or Mike Gilislee over any other RB for the most part.

Chirstine Michael has way too many issues with skpipping meetings.

Duffman, I'm surprised you didn't push for Jelani. Wink

#JDI
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested we are offering 5(151) and 5th 2014 for your next pick?

PM me interested
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So somehow, miraculously, I'm up. And we've got half an hour to make the pick.

Bills took Stepfon Taylor, so he's out as an option.

Looking at the guard situation, it really depends on how comfortable we feel with Dombrowski starting the season as our starting LG - or Schilling as our starting RG. Those aren't terrible options, but Alvin Bailey, for instance, has need of enough technical improvement that it's likely too much to expect Joe D to be have him ready by Week 1 - however, once the technique is cleaned up Bailey is a viable starter at either guard spot because he's lined up at both in the past season and was moved around by Arkansas depending on the direction the play was intended to run. Thornton is a bit more capable of starting at LG Day 1 and has the potential to be groomed to replace Hardwick down the line since he has (I found out) taken reps as a reserve center for the Illini.

Dark horse is Bass as a pass-rusher. Metrics say he should succeed (i.e. Kirwan Explosion Index, "Waldo's Formula", etc.). The interviews I've read of the kid show him to be a humble, intelligent, and extremely hard-working kid with a good football IQ, who is a great locker room presence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 59 of 61

Jump to: