Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 Chargers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mgoblue44


Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 2995
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I inquired the Texans about Wade Smith and Ben Tate, they said a 2nd rounder on each.

Thoughts? I think its too high for both
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shumway


Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Posts: 44
Location: Perth Australia
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
I said no to Diehl, and asked for a 7th for Clary.

Somebody in the Giants War Room was asking about Gaither. I told them to throw an offer up. What would we want?


If we can get a 7th for Clary, great.

In this game I think Gaither has a bit more value than in real life. I'd say ask for a 5th. He has the talent that he's worth gambling on for some team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17353
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgoblue44 wrote:
I inquired the Texans about Wade Smith and Ben Tate, they said a 2nd rounder on each.

Thoughts? I think its too high for both


It might not be too high, but definitely too high for us.


I put out a feeler for Toby Gerhart. Vikes have him on their block.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24415
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything for Gaither is a plus

Toby Gerhart? Yuck.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17353
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints PM'd me asking if we have any interest in Roman Harper. They think they want a 4th. He comes with a $5.25mil salary.


Vikes came back and asked what I thought was fair value for Gerhart. I like the idea of a big back to go with Mathews. Any thoughts?
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24415
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Saints PM'd me asking if we have any interest in Roman Harper. They think they want a 4th. He comes with a $5.25mil salary.


Vikes came back and asked what I thought was fair value for Gerhart. I like the idea of a big back to go with Mathews. Any thoughts?


Harper is just bleh to me. I'd rather go with Taylor or add a SS in the draft.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mgoblue44


Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 2995
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Saints PM'd me asking if we have any interest in Roman Harper. They think they want a 4th. He comes with a $5.25mil salary.


Vikes came back and asked what I thought was fair value for Gerhart. I like the idea of a big back to go with Mathews. Any thoughts?


Harper is just bleh to me. I'd rather go with Taylor or add a SS in the draft.


Agree with JH on this one.

I think a 5th is fair value for Gerhart
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sanitizer


Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 117
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion I don't like any of the guys mentioned. Gerhart doesn't show much, Diehl isn't much of an upgrade and not worth the 4m, Harper can;t cover anyone, but he's fun to watch thump.
If we can get some late round picks for Gaither and Clary I think we've done just fine,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6006
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Gerhart deserves to be on an NFL roster. That being said he has name value which is essentially what FFMD is about.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17353
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I don't think Gerhart deserves to be on an NFL roster. That being said he has name value which is essentially what FFMD is about.


Pretty harsh for a guy that has a better YPC than anybody we have. Plus he can catch/block.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6006
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy Hood. Offer the Steelers a 6th for him. The nightmares I could cause with him on the DL rotation.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17353
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Ziggy Hood. Offer the Steelers a 6th for him. The nightmares I could cause with him on the DL rotation.


Ziggy or get back Martin?
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6006
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I don't think Gerhart deserves to be on an NFL roster. That being said he has name value which is essentially what FFMD is about.


Pretty harsh for a guy that has a better YPC than anybody we have. Plus he can catch/block.


Behind a great run blocking line and in after defenses have been worn down by Peterson. If he can block, I'm all for it as an upgrade to Brown. I haven't noticed him blocking so it really can't be that bad for a back.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6006
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
Ziggy Hood. Offer the Steelers a 6th for him. The nightmares I could cause with him on the DL rotation.


Ziggy or get back Martin?


Martin of course. I wish we had resigned him prior to him winning the starter job in real life. I am going to hate watching him walk this season.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24415
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
I don't think Gerhart deserves to be on an NFL roster. That being said he has name value which is essentially what FFMD is about.


Pretty harsh for a guy that has a better YPC than anybody we have. Plus he can catch/block.


Mathews behind that line would have gone over 1000.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 6 of 61

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group