You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 Chargers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone! my name is bball and I am the head coach of the Giants. My duty is to reach out to all AFC south and west teams for any trade opportunity. Our current trade block is as follows:

Quote:
New York Giants Trade Block
HB - Ahmad Bradshaw - 3rd
OT - David Diehl - 6th
DT - Chris Canty - 3rd
DT - Marvin Austin - 4th
LB - Michael Boley - 4th
CB - Corey Webster - 4th
S - Antrel Rolle - 2nd

We are open to discuss the majority of players on our team for the right price though.

Also whoever is responsible for trade discussions on your board, feel free to contact me.

Thank you and hopefully we can do business!
Zappaz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at our situation, with so many bad contracts and a large number of UFAs plus holes at certain positions.... I kind of feel bad for our new GM!

Without knowing what kind of cap hit we take for cutting/trading guys, its hard to make any recommendations right now.

Clary, Gaither, Meachem, Royal, Gates (don't kill me!), Garay, TKO, and maybe Bigby are all guys who I'd say could use a new place to play next season though I'm sure most of them are more expensive to get rid of compared to keep.

We can restructure 2 guys contracts which could help, though I don't know who we could restructure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
Looking at our situation, with so many bad contracts and a large number of UFAs plus holes at certain positions.... I kind of feel bad for our new GM!

Without knowing what kind of cap hit we take for cutting/trading guys, its hard to make any recommendations right now.

Clary, Gaither, Meachem, Royal, Gates (don't kill me!), Garay, TKO, and maybe Bigby are all guys who I'd say could use a new place to play next season though I'm sure most of them are more expensive to get rid of compared to keep.

We can restructure 2 guys contracts which could help, though I don't know who we could restructure.

We should restructure Gates. His value to us is much greater than what we could get in a trade.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Zappaz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

We should restructure Gates. His value to us is much greater than what we could get in a trade.

Hmmm, when did the Bills get Gates?

HAHA

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm doing this right, heere's the info for cap hits on some guys that may need to go

Player - Current Cap/Penalty/Saving:
Robert Meachem - $6.5/$8.75/-$1.9
Jared Gaither - $6.5/$6.0/$0.5
Jeromey Clary - $5.7/$3.4/$2.3
Antonio Garay - $5.0/$0/$5.0
Nick Hardwick - $4.85/$3.5/$1.35
Eddie Royal - $4.5/$3.0/$1.5
LeRon McClain - $3.083/$1.667/$1.416
Atari Bigby - $1.65/$0.15/$1.5
Takeo Spikes - $3.7/$0.7/$3.0
Larry English $2.44/$0.3/$2.14

If we got rid of all of these guys, we'd save $18.706. I'd rather keep Harwick, and that would bring it back to $17.356. This would put us at $25.356 under.

Those are the big ones. We have tow restructures, and Meachem is a prime candidate. If we can make some crazy numbers work, we might be able to bring down Rivers $17mil number.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Meachem - $6.5/$8.75/-$1.9 --- Definite restructure candidate
Jared Gaither - $6.5/$6.0/$0.5 --- Hurts to eat $6m but he can't be on the team
Jeromey Clary - $5.7/$3.4/$2.3 --- Can we get better for $2.3m?
Antonio Garay - $5.0/$0/$5.0 --- Not worth $5m though makes us thin at NT
Nick Hardwick - $4.85/$3.5/$1.35 --- Keep
Eddie Royal - $4.5/$3.0/$1.5 --- Wouldn't unload too quick unless the $ is needed for a certain player
LeRon McClain - $3.083/$1.667/$1.416 --- Almost have to keep, would cost the savings to replace him.
Atari Bigby - $1.65/$0.15/$1.5 --- Gone, use saved $ to resign Lynch
Takeo Spikes - $3.7/$0.7/$3.0 --- Gone, too old, Weddle/Butler are our leadership guys
Larry English $2.44/$0.3/$2.14 --- Can we get better for $2.14m or less?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Hardwick is the only guy on that list I believe that needs to stay.

We can't blow the whole line up. Garay's 5.0 is almost a must to get rid of but the lack of depth behind him makes me think that maybe a Hankins in the draft isn't such a bad idea.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
Eddie Royal - $4.5/$3.0/$1.5 --- Wouldn't unload too quick unless the $ is needed for a certain player
LeRon McClain - $3.083/$1.667/$1.416 --- Almost have to keep, would cost the savings to replace him.
Takeo Spikes - $3.7/$0.7/$3.0 --- Gone, too old, Weddle/Butler are our leadership guys

Haslam is better than Clary. Getting Wells back would be better than Clary. Any one of us would be better than Clary. No way he stays on the roster at $5.7. I wouldn't want him on the roaster at $0.7.

I think we could do better than McClain on about half of that money, or in the draft.

English hasn't put up anything, and $2.14 could go towards getting back Barnes or Phillips.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanitizer wrote:

We can't blow the whole line up. Garay's 5.0 is almost a must to get rid of but the lack of depth behind him makes me think that maybe a Hankins in the draft isn't such a bad idea.

There are/will be guys available in FA for much less than that $5 million that can perform the duties Garay did for us last year (3rd NT, backup DE), and frankly the money saved from cutting him ought to be put towards at least in some part towards re-signing Franklin.

The Rivers restructuring is a double-edged sword - only way I can see if getting done is if we extend him and add more years to his contract (would take his future cap hits up to close to 25m/yr by the end of contract). No starting QB, even one who has struggled as recently as Rivers has is going to take a pay-cut voluntarily because they have all the leverage. We cut or trade Rivers, we're in cap hell AND we're without a franchise QB. Rivers goes out on the open market, he'll get someone paying him that $17m/yr easily. We can shift the monies owed this year around some, but we risk playing the same game that has turned the Jets into a cap hornet's nest. We could try adding two years to the contract and offering making up the difference (i.e. money we "save" this year) by converting it to "signing bonus" and prorating it over the remainder of the contract with a heavier payout in those two added years.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:

Also, if GM Mocks have told me anything this year. It's that Eddie Royal still has trade value. It may be minimal (player-on-the-outs for player-on-the-outs or a very late round pick) but if we're going to eat the penalty we might as well get more than just $1.5m cap relief in return (would obviously factor on the contract being brought in if it's player for player).

McClain, we really need to address how much of a difference there's likely to be between the scheme McCoy/Whis implement and the one Norv used. How much did 'Zona and Denver make use of a lead-back the last couple seasons? Or were they (or likely here are they, due to the rebuilding state of our line) using more multi-TE and 3-wide sets that typically pull the FB? If that's the case then we need to look at McClain more for what he offers us as a RB than as a FB. And if that's not worth the money he's set to make, then part with him and get someone more appropriate.

Also, always remember FFMD ends up with something close to around a 130-225% inflation on actual monies earned by free agents (including the middling ones).

MathMan wrote:
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's this look for our trade block?

Jared Gaither
Jeromey Clary
Antonio Garay
Eddie Royal
LeRon McClain
Atari Bigby
Takeo Spikes
Larry English
CBJ

I forgot to add CBJ to the list earlier. He has a $0.5 cap hit, and could save $1.3.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mind is now numb but here is a Google doc with the all of the contracts on it. Got the same numbers as Drew on everyone but Robert Meachem.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At4IhUN3I2IJdE1jVE1fRnFCbE53TGMxd3VoNHdNdmc
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanitizer wrote:

I dont see that we're that thin at DL....we had Garay inactive almost the entire season this year. We gotta get Franklin back, as he's proved he can still play, and Thomas is a good versatile guy who provides depth at NT especially, VM is the same way...

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option?

MathMan wrote:

Last edited by The LBC on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Option?

Not too bad LBC. The other one i just thought of, but probably shouldn't be an option due to limited options is Workaholiks if anyone likes that show, cuz its hilarious to me.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 2 of 61

Jump to: