Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 Round updated 2/1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

Lets start..

Manti Te'o could easily go anywhere in the 1st round

Ansah showed up huge in the senior bowl and should show up big again in the combine which some teams may have him at a top 5 prospect

ill give you cleveland

Dockett and campbell arent that great and richardson would help out the d line and the linebackers

Ill giv you buffalo

Manuel was the best QB in the senior bowl. Ill agree that none of the QBs should go in the 1st round but im sure some team will take one. Since Geno didnt go to the senior bowl, teams may be opted not to go with him.

Cam Newton needs a security blanket and he loves his TE.

Big Ben loves his TE, why not give him another one?

I forgot about carr when doing this. But he could move to FS

This one, you're just dumb. All chicago has is marshall. they need another target

Their secondary needs help and he could move around

again, he preformed well in the senior bowl and some teams may think he is a 1st rounder

tennessee has chris johnson. a hit or miss runner. they need someone who will get them conistent yards

So this draft isnt as bad as what you think. It is somthing ne and people think that it is terrible. I love the draft

Let's actually start

Te'o doesn't deserve to go near the top 10. Have you actually seen him play? I'm not even just talking Alabama, where it became clear just how average he was. He can't shed for his life. AKA one of the most important traits. He had big interception numbers, whoopdeedo. He's not very good, and is a guy who should got 23, not 3.

One week doesn't make up for the fact that Ansah has barely played football. He's a guy who should go in the 20 range, not top 5.

Calais Campbell isn't that great? Really? Watch some football. Laughing

EJ Manuel's one week doesn't make up for the multitude of mental errors he's made over the past years he's started.

He has a security blanket, his name is Greg Olsen, and he had over 800 yards. They should probably take a player they could really use, like a DT.

Because Pittsburgh has more needs than an average TE when they already have a very good one? Laughing

Move Carr to FS? Why not just keep one of the best CBs at his spot and go after a player who actually plays FS or better yet, a good player overall?

Chicago just drafted Alshon Jeffrey in the second last year and he has potential. No reason to draft a #3 WR when you have needs all over the line. Laughing

You rely way too much on the Senior Bowl

Chris Johnson finished with 1200 yards despite an absolutely dreadful start. Yeah, they don't need a "consistent runner"

Manti Te'o is by far the best LB in this draft. He may not be the best player in this draft, but he is the best LB. The raiders need help at LB. He plays downhill, follows his insticts (which are very good), IS GREAT AT SHEDDING BLOCKS (I just watched 4 games where he couldnt shed 7 blocks total, 3 of them coming when his ankle was bothering him and he was trying to protect it), he takes on blocks well keeping outside containment. what else.. he keeps his eyes in the backfield, while keeping the blocker off of him and being able to contol where he goes. You see he comes up and hits the fullback, pulling guard/ tackle with his ouutside shoulder, then scrapes across him and makes the tackle 2 yards downfield. He's an A- tackler in my opinion, but all he has to do is practice throtling down and keeping his head up in the backfield.

Ansah's lack of experience is what makes him so valuable to teams. He is very coachable, which helps out a lot during te draft. Durng his last 9 games, he had gret production to help nfl scouts believe that he does have the capability to make an impact as a rookie, especially with good coaching.

Mental errors can be fixed with game film and classroom time. He always seems to play bigger than everyone else in the biggest games... He has the physical tributes to be the best QB in this draft class, he just wasnt consistent throughout the year. When the bowl games come along... he has two MVP awards.... just sayin

Greg Olsen is getting somewhat old, with a TE, he can block for the 3 beast RB that they have, pus he can catch for Cam Newton. I just dont think that the panthers will not give Cam a offensive threat in the 1st round. He is your franchise player with 2 key players to throw the ball to, give him some younger ones to develop with him.

Heath miller is getting old and you dont know how long he will stay in pittsburgh. tight ends are what the steelers use to kill defenses. they thrive on the possession recievers. plus a TE will help out with that terrible rushing offense

and how did he do this year? Not that great. Aaron Dobson gives the bears a deep threat on the opposite side of marshall. Dobson has great hands, he catches the ball away from his body instead of letting it get into his chest. he runs crisp routes. He has the whole package you look for when looking for a #1 reciever. his only problem, he didnt have a very good QB to throw him the ball.

Chris johnson will go a game with 35 yards rushing, the next with 110 yards then 40 yards. thats really consistent. They need someone who can get those 1 or 2 yards on 3rd and 2. Cris johnson just looks to bounce the run outside. when he does decide to go inside and try to show people he can do that, his head is down and cant see the small holes that open up in there.

Im not saying these are the people that I would pick in their respective positions, I'm just defending the fact that these picks can and might happen. (I think Tyler Eifert would be he best pick the Bengals could make in the first round, that is if he is available)
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this some kind of joke? We select the best CB prospect in years and spend $50,000,000 on a top 10 corner last year and we pick another this year? So then I thought "maybe he can play safety" and then you drafted a safety. Then you give us an ILB when we run a 4-3 and are dead set at that position with Lee. I just don't understand. Did you do any research whatsoever?

EDIT: Sorry, seemed a bit over-mad right there. But seriously, did you forget about Claiborne or something?
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:
Is this some kind of joke? We select the best CB prospect in years and spend $50,000,000 on a top 10 corner last year and we pick another this year? So then I thought "maybe he can play safety" and then you drafted a safety. Then you give us an ILB when we run a 4-3 and are dead set at that position with Lee. I just don't understand. Did you do any research whatsoever?

EDIT: Sorry, seemed a bit over-mad right there. But seriously, did you forget about Claiborne or something?

I remember claiborne i forgot carr
johnson_cody_18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals pick a defensive tackle? Seriously?

Did you even look into their needs? It's THE DEEPEST position on the team hands down.

NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. Louis: Bjoern Werner DE

Makes no sense. We are set at DE with Quinn and Long. DT is more likely a pick there so Short makes more sense.

St. Louis: Cordarrelle Paterson WR

Need position might not be the best player option though.

St. Louis: Eddie Lacy RB

It's unknown if SJax will be back again or not, even with that we drafted two RB's last year who looked good in their play time. If SJax isn't back it's more likely a veteran will be brought in to support Pead and Richardson. Any of the Safties or OLB after this spot make much more sense.

St. Louis: Khaled Holmes C

C is ok but G and RT are much bigger needs on the line.

St. Louis: Denard Robinson WR

With other areas of need I don't see two WR's especially the second being Robinson.

St. Louis: Jon Bostic ILB

We run a 4-3 and just signed JL55 to an extension in the off season. ILB won't be a pick unless it's in the 7th and he's a special teams monster.

Rounds 4 and 5 should be spent on Safties, which we could draft two of this year, OLB and OG or RT even a TE to compete with Kendricks.
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:

Manti Te'o is by far the best LB in this draft. He may not be the best player in this draft, but he is the best LB. The raiders need help at LB. He plays downhill, follows his insticts (which are very good), IS GREAT AT SHEDDING BLOCKS (I just watched 4 games where he couldnt shed 7 blocks total, 3 of them coming when his ankle was bothering him and he was trying to protect it), he takes on blocks well keeping outside containment. what else.. he keeps his eyes in the backfield, while keeping the blocker off of him and being able to contol where he goes. You see he comes up and hits the fullback, pulling guard/ tackle with his ouutside shoulder, then scrapes across him and makes the tackle 2 yards downfield. He's an A- tackler in my opinion, but all he has to do is practice throtling down and keeping his head up in the backfield.

Ansah's lack of experience is what makes him so valuable to teams. He is very coachable, which helps out a lot during te draft. Durng his last 9 games, he had gret production to help nfl scouts believe that he does have the capability to make an impact as a rookie, especially with good coaching.

Mental errors can be fixed with game film and classroom time. He always seems to play bigger than everyone else in the biggest games... He has the physical tributes to be the best QB in this draft class, he just wasnt consistent throughout the year. When the bowl games come along... he has two MVP awards.... just sayin

Greg Olsen is getting somewhat old, with a TE, he can block for the 3 beast RB that they have, pus he can catch for Cam Newton. I just dont think that the panthers will not give Cam a offensive threat in the 1st round. He is your franchise player with 2 key players to throw the ball to, give him some younger ones to develop with him.

Heath miller is getting old and you dont know how long he will stay in pittsburgh. tight ends are what the steelers use to kill defenses. they thrive on the possession recievers. plus a TE will help out with that terrible rushing offense

and how did he do this year? Not that great. Aaron Dobson gives the bears a deep threat on the opposite side of marshall. Dobson has great hands, he catches the ball away from his body instead of letting it get into his chest. he runs crisp routes. He has the whole package you look for when looking for a #1 reciever. his only problem, he didnt have a very good QB to throw him the ball.

Chris johnson will go a game with 35 yards rushing, the next with 110 yards then 40 yards. thats really consistent. They need someone who can get those 1 or 2 yards on 3rd and 2. Cris johnson just looks to bounce the run outside. when he does decide to go inside and try to show people he can do that, his head is down and cant see the small holes that open up in there.

Im not saying these are the people that I would pick in their respective positions, I'm just defending the fact that these picks can and might happen. (I think Tyler Eifert would be he best pick the Bengals could make in the first round, that is if he is available)

No he isn't lol he's at best the 4 best ILB and awful at shedding blocks

You draft a projest top 5. By your logic margus hunt should go #1

He's not a good player. 4th rounder maybe at best.

Hahahahaha!! Olsen was drafted in '07

He has talent and there are bigger needs

He's a franchise rb lol why would you replace him

This wont happen and makes no sense

BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:

No he isn't lol he's at best the 4 best ILB and awful at shedding blocks

You draft a projest top 5. By your logic margus hunt should go #1

He's not a good player. 4th rounder maybe at best.

Hahahahaha!! Olsen was drafted in '07

He's a franchise rb lol why would you replace him

This wont happen and makes no sense

Watch some film on Te'o. He brely gets blockd out of the play. He presses the linemen off of him and sheds the block when the RB comes up. Sometimes he catches blocks but that is very rarely. Minter is no where neer Te'o's skill set. who else would be above him? Brown? His insticts arent very good and he doesn play very physical to me and he doesnt have nearly the leadership quality of Te'o

Margus Hunt isnt any where near the 1st round, maybe top of the 3rd at best. He doesnt have the strength that ansah has, he cant bend as well, he doesnt have the explosive first step that ansah has, he looks like he doesnt play with any drive. His first step off the line is straight up while ansah's is foreward, he turns perpendicular to the line of scrimmage way to much which allows for the running backs to get outside (Ansah does this at times too but his speed allows him to make up for that mistake.) It can be coached into both of them though. Ansah is on a total different level than hunt it isnt even funny. in my opinion the top DE in this draft are werner, ansah, okafor, moore, and jones

I can agree that he isnt worth a 1st round pic, but none of the QBs deserve it.

exactly, thats 5 years... do yo honeslty EXPECT him to play another 5 years... no.

like what? WR? RB? LB? S? This class is deep in all of them. TE would help with recieving and the runningbacks

I never said replace. They simply need a complimentary back to johnson much like the bengals need a complimentary back to BJGE
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote]

[/quote]

or were you talking about aaron dobson? cuz as I see the only other need that there is for the bears would be an ILB, but i can see them going WR over ILB because in the games that they lost, they couldnt score because the defense focused mostly on shutting down brandon marshall. Dobson would easily help them out and spread out the defense a little. Then go backer in latter rounds.
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I can't believe you just told me to watch film on teo smh. There is so much wrong with what you are saying it's crazy. You aren't even understanding what I'm trying to tell you. I tried to help you but I'm done now

superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuel in the 1st? Fail much? No qb in the 1st, and dont tell me about the seniorbowl it wont change nething

Manuel is a 3rd round pick, not top 10
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:
Lol I can't believe you just told me to watch film on teo smh. There is so much wrong with what you are saying it's crazy. You aren't even understanding what I'm trying to tell you. I tried to help you but I'm done now

all you said was he is the 4 best ILB... I wanna know the 3 before him. Plus he is excelent at shedding blocks as he rarely gets washed out of the play, if you watch on most of the tackles he is in the pile, even if he isnt the first one there. This whole hoax thing has his draft stock dropping a lot and it shouldnt even be a factor.
BengalsEra

nobody understands that these are possibilities instead of what I think is the best person for that organization to draft.
RedGreenShow

This is pretty brutal. DT in the first? Really man? I thought you questioned me "have you even seen the Bengals play a game?".
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
This is pretty brutal. DT in the first? Really man? I thought you questioned me "have you even seen the Bengals play a game?".

its a possibility. The bengals may not be that high on thompsan and still and may opt to take a great player in Short. Short would help out the run game and make whatever linebackers the bengals bring in seem better. He would also help out the pass rush, comanding a double team and leaving atkins one on one or visa versa. With pat sims a free agent, they may be looking for another huge contributor in the run game.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

its a possibility. The bengals may not be that high on thompsan and still and may opt to take a great player in Short. Short would help out the run game and make whatever linebackers the bengals bring in seem better. He would also help out the pass rush, comanding a double team and leaving atkins one on one or visa versa. With pat sims a free agent, they may be looking for another huge contributor in the run game.

Pat Sims will be more effective at stopping the run than anyone in this draft for the Bengals. No one gives up on a 2nd and 4th round pick in a season when we didnt even ask them to do anything but sit on the bench because we were already talented enough at the position. And Short will command double teams, leaving Atkins 1 vs. 1....? I think you should rethink the pick.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: