Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Q.B. this year
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Q.B. this year Reply with quote

I.M.O. I think we should stick with Weeden another year. I don't really care that much about the q.b's in this years draft. Fill our other holes as well as we can. See what Weeden can do and if he flubs it up maybe make an R.G.III type of deal next year if we have to. Of course I'd hope we wouldn't have to give up that much but if we have to do it. I think Weeden might thrive in our new offense.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Q.B. this year Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
I.M.O. I think we should stick with Weeden another year. I don't really care that much about the q.b's in this years draft. Fill our other holes as well as we can. See what Weeden can do and if he flubs it up maybe make an R.G.III type of deal next year if we have to. Of course I'd hope we wouldn't have to give up that much but if we have to do it. I think Weeden might thrive in our new offense.

He has a shot...

I want to see McCoy gone, and a cheaper Vet brought in to COMPETE with or at least PUSH Weeden.

Lewis can be gone too. Bring in a late round guy with potential for the coaching staff to play with like Renfree. both Duke haha, but Renfree has more pro potential I think.

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolfhunt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see a true QB competition. I want to see McCoy vs. Weeden and the winner is our starter. We go after a QB next year considering this years class is very weak.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfhunt wrote:
I want to see a true QB competition. I want to see McCoy vs. Weeden and the winner is our starter. We go after a QB next year considering this years class is very weak.

Vertical offense, Colt McCoy is done.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the price is right, i dont care how they bring him in, just as long the price is right but I want Alex Smith.

Him and Weeden can compete. If he cant beat out Weeden than we have a QB who beat out a very good vet QB who had exp in the offense and the browns now have a solid back up QB who could actually win us games if Weeden gets hurt. This now means Weeden will have a decent future in cleveland.

Now if Smith wins out, he should be the starter for at least 2-3 years and next offseason we draft the back up to replace him after a year or two

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:

We don't have a QB to run the vertical offense. Weeden is a joke and another 1st rounder we can add to Cleveland's wasted picks. There is no QB on our roster who can run the offense Chud wants. We might as well give those on the roster a shot and go after a QB next year since the crop in the draft is horrible.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
if the price is right, i dont care how they bring him in, just as long the price is right but I want Alex Smith.

Him and Weeden can compete. If he cant beat out Weeden than we have a QB who beat out a very good vet QB who had exp in the offense and the browns now have a solid back up QB who could actually win us games if Weeden gets hurt. This now means Weeden will have a decent future in cleveland.

Now if Smith wins out, he should be the starter for at least 2-3 years and next offseason we draft the back up to replace him after a year or two

agree with the buno
Entropy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfhunt wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

We don't have a QB to run the vertical offense. Weeden is a joke and another 1st rounder we can add to Cleveland's wasted picks. There is no QB on our roster who can run the offense Chud wants. We might as well give those on the roster a shot and go after a QB next year since the crop in the draft is horrible.

Good point, the QB who broke several Browns rookie QB records, including wins and 4 of the best 5 passing yardage games, is a "joke"...and Colt McCoy is not.

And yeah, no way Weeden can play a vertical offense, you don't even need to have the slightest shred of reasoning there, all we need is your strong opinion alone and it becomes a fact.

It's not like Weeden has a very strong arm, a quick release, has played very accurately in a vertical offense in college, and has literally dozens of pretty damn good vertical throws under his belt in his rookie year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfhunt wrote:

Colts arm has zero chance of working in this offense

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
buno67 wrote:

agree with the buno

Agree with Mistake who agrees with buno.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Wolfhunt wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

Good point, the QB who broke several Browns rookie QB records, including wins and 4 of the best 5 passing yardage games, is a "joke"...and Colt McCoy is not.

And yeah, no way Weeden can play a vertical offense, you don't even need to have the slightest shred of reasoning there, all we need is your strong opinion alone and it becomes a fact.

It's not like Weeden has a very strong arm, a quick release, has played very accurately in a vertical offense in college, and has literally dozens of pretty damn good vertical throws under his belt in his rookie year.

For a rookie with so much talent why was he just so bad? From your review he should be in the pro bowl. The truth is he sucks. I would list his detractions but it will not matter as you will defend him regardless.

It is not my opinion that I am basing this on. I am basing it on something very simple. His stats. Yes he hit some big throws but any QB who makes it to the NFL can do that...btw...how old will he be next year? Give me a young guy in the draft next year who is around 22-23 who can give me 10-12 years rather than a crybaby who will be ready for AARP soon.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeden is the crybaby? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfhunt wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Wolfhunt wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

For a rookie with so much talent why was he just so bad? From your review he should be in the pro bowl. The truth is he sucks. I would list his detractions but it will not matter as you will defend him regardless.

It is not my opinion that I am basing this on. I am basing it on something very simple. His stats. Yes he hit some big throws but any QB who makes it to the NFL can do that...btw...how old will he be next year? Give me a young guy in the draft next year who is around 22-23 who can give me 10-12 years rather than a crybaby who will be ready for AARP soon.

Ahh yes, the "typical browns fan".

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Wolfhunt wrote:

Colts arm has zero chance of working in this offense

Agree with Wolfhunt. Disagree with candyman.

One of Chud's strengths supposedly is a willingness and ability to fit the scheme and game plan to the talent he has.

Weeden's one clear advantage (i.e., the oh-so enamoring "big arm") is largely negated by his lack of accuracy when throwing short or long.

Turner did just fine with a young Drew Brees, a QB many posters have identified as McCoy's ceiling.

To say McCoy has zero chance of succeeding in (an offensive designed by Chud and managed by Turner) is ludicrous.

McCoy outplayed Weeden last preseason and could do it again, especially under an honest competition run with integrity, in which case he is the starter.
Spectre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to need to bring in a QB regardless because Colt McCoy is out the door so if it's not Alex Smith, I'd actually want us to invest a late Day 2/Day 3 pick in a guy so that the cupboard isn't bare. Drafting a guy this year won't preclude us from taking a guy next year if it's late enough but it WILL allow us to actually have something on the roster if Weeden falls apart.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: