Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Prospects Draft Rankings [Mayock Bears Analysis pg17]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein hasn't met a personnel man with Alabama C Barrett Jones in the first two rounds. Don't really know what this means.

NFL.com's Albert Breer seconded Zierlein's statement. Jones racked up award after award while starting from a variety of spots along the Alabama offensive line. However, his best trait is his intelligence and positional blocking, since Jones rarely overpowers NFL caliber defensive tackles.
Jones in the second round would be a fantastic steal. I wouldn't even blink before taking him.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
“I think they have to take an offensive lineman,” Mayock said during the call. “I think they've got to protect their quarterback much better than they have. When Jay Cutler is protected, he's one of the top quarterbacks in football. When he's not protected, you can't win football games. So from my perspective, it's got to start up front. When you're picking, I think they're No. 20, if I remember correctly, when you're picking in round No. 20 and talking about linemen, I think it's a good year to be at No. 20. Because Lane Johnson from Oklahoma could be there. D.J. Fluker from Alabama could be there. Two of the better tackles in the draft. Then when you're talking about the guards, if either Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper were available, you'd have to jump all over them. So I think there are four names right there who make a ton of sense for Chicago.”

@BradBiggs: Plenty of O-line news will come out of Indy this week. NFL Network’s Mike Mayock weighed in on #Bears & the draft. http://t.co/ZeWcr6TJ
Didn't Mayock just draft a TE for the Bears?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein hasn't met a personnel man with Alabama C Barrett Jones in the first two rounds. Don't really know what this means.

NFL.com's Albert Breer seconded Zierlein's statement. Jones racked up award after award while starting from a variety of spots along the Alabama offensive line. However, his best trait is his intelligence and positional blocking, since Jones rarely overpowers NFL caliber defensive tackles.
Jones in the second round would be a fantastic steal. I wouldn't even blink before taking him.

It’s not exactly rocket science…none of the pro scouts that Zierlein has spoken to think that Jones is worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

It’s not exactly rocket science…none of the pro scouts that Zierlein has spoken to think that Jones is worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

I expect Barrett Jones to see a massive slide on Draft Day, I bet he doesn't get drafted until 50-75.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the 10 players NFL scouts predict will create the most buzz at the scouting combine beginning this week:

1. Ziggy Ansah, Brigham Young DE; 2. Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine Bluff OT; 3. Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina G; 4. Jonathan Cyprien, Florida State S; 5. Zaviar Gooden, Missouri OLB; 6. Marquise Goodwin, Texas WR; 7. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma OT; 8. Dion Jordan, Oregon DE; 9. Cordarelle Patterson, Tennessee WR; 10. Geno Smith, West Virginia QB. Analysis in Scout Talk. bit.ly/WQByPz
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

I expect Barrett Jones to see a massive slide on Draft Day, I bet he doesn't get drafted until 50-75.
I wouldnt consider that a slide. I've been saying that for a long time.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah I don't think it's unrealistic that he goes in the 3rd.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Eifert isnt looking great pre combine. I would love to trade up for him if we could get him for our 2nd and 4th ala Paea.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Apparently Eifert isnt looking great pre combine. I would love to trade up for him if we could get him for our 2nd and 4th ala Paea.

That would be nice or use next years 3rd round pick.

If we got

1[20] OG DJ Fluker [Alabama]
2[50] TE Tyler Eifert [Notre Dame]

I would cry tears of sweet joy.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

That would be nice or use next years 3rd round pick.

If we got

1[20] OG DJ Fluker [Alabama]
2[50] TE Tyler Eifert [Notre Dame]

I would cry tears of sweet joy.
I think we would have to trade up but either way it would be great.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

So he talked to a couple of drunks in a bar, whoopdy do.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Or pull a Ditka and give away all our picks. We need MORE picks not fewer especially not for a TE.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

So he talked to a couple of drunks in a bar, whoopdy do.
It might be a bit more then that.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Or pull a Ditka and give away all our picks. We need MORE picks not fewer especially not for a TE.
We need good players. I'd give a 2nd and 4th for Eifert 10 times out of 10.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah I don't think it's unrealistic that he goes in the 3rd.
That is weird since I haven't MET a "personnel man" who thinks Jones will be drafted lower than the 1st round. Just ignore the fact that I haven't actually met any personnel men and go with the vague.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: