Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears Prospects Draft Rankings [Mayock Bears Analysis pg17]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I think Meyers is just a guy, but he is a competent pass catcher and blocker and would at least stabilize the position.

FWIW Myers had 30 more catches last year than Jared Cook has had in any season. And Cook is a lesser blocker. Not saying I don't like Cook - I do - but Myers is at least as likely as Cook to be an asset to our offense.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blair18 wrote:
Tyrann Mathieu

Not gonna work. Cincinnati is a lock to draft him in one of the first two rounds because he fits their number one quality, which is being a scumbag.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
blair18 wrote:
Tyrann Mathieu

Not gonna work. Cincinnati is a lock to draft him in one of the first two rounds because he fits their number one quality, which is being a scumbag.

Gingers can't be scumbags, though.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I think Meyers is just a guy, but he is a competent pass catcher and blocker and would at least stabilize the position.

FWIW Myers had 30 more catches last year than Jared Cook has had in any season. And Cook is a lesser blocker. Not saying I don't like Cook - I do - but Myers is at least as likely as Cook to be an asset to our offense.

Both would be assets and upgrades over Kellen Davis.

But Cook has dynamic ability, including size, speed and explosive movements.

Meyers does not have those ability although he is a solid player. Depending on the money I would probably sign Meyers becaus Cook could command too much.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Both would be assets and upgrades over Kellen Davis.

But Cook has dynamic ability, including size, speed and explosive movements.

Meyers does not have those ability although he is a solid player. Depending on the money I would probably sign Meyers becaus Cook could command too much.
Brandon Meyers is the guy you forget about. He's really just an all around solid player. He's strong, he's more athletic than you realize, he has good hands, and he's always open. And he's yet another in the long line of Iowa TEs to play well at this level.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blair18 wrote:
My thoughts as well. He's at least an improvement and who knows? Maybe he flourishes.

I started working on a mock draft a few days ago and I had us signing Meyers. He did real well in Oakland this year, one of the few people you can say that about there. He'd likely come cheap on a 2- or 3-year deal, so I'd be all for getting him.

And yes, he's a Hawkeye as well. Cool

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
blair18 wrote:
My thoughts as well. He's at least an improvement and who knows? Maybe he flourishes.

I started working on a mock draft a few days ago and I had us signing Meyers. He did real well in Oakland this year, one of the few people you can say that about there. He'd likely come cheap on a 2- or 3-year deal, so I'd be all for getting him.

That is the selling feature for me he will come cheaper and for less gets than Cook who will probably get 5 years at 5 million.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
blair18 wrote:

That is the selling feature for me he will come cheaper and for less gets than Cook who will probably get 5 years at 5 million.

I don't see any way he gets that. I do, however, agree that he gets more than Myers.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
blair18 wrote:

I don't see any way he gets that. I do, however, agree that he gets more than Myers.
I can definitely see him getting that overall. He may get a bit less guaranteed money though.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
blair18 wrote:

People pay for potential and on top of that he has decent production.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering what people's opinions are of Travis Frederick as a possible 2nd round pick?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I am wondering what people's opinions are of Travis Frederick as a possible 2nd round pick?

Positives…Big, powerful, experienced, technical & smart…

Negatives…not a great athlete…on the ground more than you would like to see…doesn’t have much of a ceiling...

I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd but I would like him more 10 picks later after a trade down to net us a 3rd or another 4th...he is plug and play at OG IMO.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I'm actually putting together another mock with us taking him in the 2nd as Garza's replacement. Like him for us quite a bit, and as MM pointed out he can play OG too if need be.

GRRLacher wrote:
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I'm actually putting together another mock with us taking him in the 2nd as Garza's replacement. Like him for us quite a bit, and as MM pointed out he can play OG too if need be.

I have the bad test of Wisconsin OLmen in my mind.

They are better on the inside.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frederick really underwhelmed me when I watched him. He didn't look like a guy who has backed up the hype he is getting. I've heard that he's a first round prospect and while I'm sure he'll be a fine player and a great teammate; he's never going to be an impact player or anything more than adequate -- in my opinion.

He doesn't use his hands very well and he's really slow to recover. I just don't see it with him. I'm sure he has the drive but the kid is going to be a project, in my opinion. As in you won't see the final product for 4-5 years. He's not a plug-and-play unless you want to see your guy really struggle. He got bullied by some bigger Big-12 linemen, I can only imagine what guys like Brandon Mebane and Geno Atkins would do to him.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20

Jump to: