Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49516
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
I had to adjust the re-structures slightly. minimum salary for those players is 715k not 650k. However, you still gain almost all of the cap. I re-adjusted the terms and fixed it for you. great moves and those two are logical fits.




I don't like it one bit.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
I had to adjust the re-structures slightly. minimum salary for those players is 715k not 650k. However, you still gain almost all of the cap. I re-adjusted the terms and fixed it for you. great moves and those two are logical fits.




I don't like it one bit.

Then follow the rules correctly. (Lawful evil here.)
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49516
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
I had to adjust the re-structures slightly. minimum salary for those players is 715k not 650k. However, you still gain almost all of the cap. I re-adjusted the terms and fixed it for you. great moves and those two are logical fits.




I don't like it one bit.

Then follow the rules correctly. (Lawful evil here.)


I don't care about the rules. It's a mistake to restructure those players. Completely unnecessary move.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7751
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I don't care about the rules. It's a mistake to restructure those players. Completely unnecessary move.
Within the frame work of the game this year, that is absolutely the correct move. Its dumb to completely handicap yourself the rest of the way because you want to be "realistic". And who is to say these arent possible, because they absolutely would be the options if we desperately needed to create some space.

And we did it with the cornerstone of our defense and our Franchise QB, two guys who are going to be paid anyway, and who we expect to be building this team around long term. This isnt just some overpaid Safety that we are skirting reality with for a major restructure, just to get us some unnecessary cap room.

The space we created just gave us the room that we need to sign our Draft picks, and bring back a few of our own guys. Not a whole lot more.


If we were doing restructures for real, like last year, then we wouldnt even take the time to restructure these guys, but these are the rules of the game, and at some point you have to just "play the game" to be able to play the rest of the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49516
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
I don't care about the rules. It's a mistake to restructure those players. Completely unnecessary move.
Within the frame work of the game this year, that is absolutely the correct move. Its dumb to completely handicap yourself the rest of the way because you want to be "realistic". And who is to say these arent possible, because they absolutely would be the options if we desperately needed to create some space.

And we did it with the cornerstone of our defense and our Franchise QB, two guys who are going to be paid anyway, and who we expect to be building this team around long term. This isnt just some overpaid Safety that we are skirting reality with for a major restructure, just to get us some unnecessary cap room.

The space we created just gave us the room that we need to sign our Draft picks, and bring back a few of our own guys. Not a whole lot more.


If we were doing restructures for real, like last year, then we wouldnt even take the time to restructure these guys, but these are the rules of the game, and at some point you have to just "play the game" to be able to play the rest of the game.


You could get the same space if you made some cuts.

Long's deal was specifically structured in a certain way. There was no reason to push a bunch of money into the future, it's a mistake.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 17083
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RFA's can not be traded in this FFMD. This means the Darian Stewart for Danny Watkins trade is off.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49516
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
RFA's can not be traded in this FFMD. This means the Darian Stewart for Danny Watkins trade is off.


I'd remove the tender from Stewart then.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 17083
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
RFA's can not be traded in this FFMD. This means the Darian Stewart for Danny Watkins trade is off.


I'd remove the tender from Stewart then.
We can cut him without a penalty. Pretty much the same thing.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 4262
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
RFA's can not be traded in this FFMD. This means the Darian Stewart for Danny Watkins trade is off.


I'd remove the tender from Stewart then.
We can cut him without a penalty. Pretty much the same thing.


either one works
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 49516
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a real interesting thought...it's kind of ripping off of a Randy Karraker thought but I think what he said was really insightful. It bucks the trend of conventional wisdom to an extent but it might just be an ahead of its time type thought. It's all about evolving and countering what changes the defenses have made to counter recent trends on offense.

It's very interesting to think about.

If you guys are curious, PM me. I'll explain further.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 17083
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been offered Austin Pettis for Danny Watkins and Clay Harbor. Thoughts?
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 4262
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
We have been offered Austin Pettis for Danny Watkins and Clay Harbor. Thoughts?


I'm game for it.
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 4262
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I just had a real interesting thought...it's kind of ripping off of a Randy Karraker thought but I think what he said was really insightful. It bucks the trend of conventional wisdom to an extent but it might just be an ahead of its time type thought. It's all about evolving and countering what changes the defenses have made to counter recent trends on offense.

It's very interesting to think about.

If you guys are curious, PM me. I'll explain further.


hit me up, I'm always up for learning jrry style.
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flatlyner


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 5974
Location: WESTCOAST
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
We have been offered Austin Pettis for Danny Watkins and Clay Harbor. Thoughts?


I think that helps us out quite a bit. There isn't even a guarantee that Pettis makes the team next year, particularly if we pick up a WR in the draft this year.
_________________
WELCOME TO THE RAMS:
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 17083
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On to the Eagles trade, would you guys rather have Clay Harbor or Jamar Chaney? I think I'd rather have Chaney but it's your guys call.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 13 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group