Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HF20's First Mock of 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honalulufan20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: HF20's First Mock of 2013 Reply with quote

I haven't made a mock draft in almost 8 weeks, which is exceptionally hard to believe. So, in my state of detox I present to you my first mock of 2013.

Free Agents-
Reggie Bush 2 years 9 million (4 the first year) with a large incentive for runs or receptions of over 20 yards in the first year.

-I actually really like the potential of Reggie Bush in our offense, he may cost us a good amount but he kills 2 birds with one stone, as he replaces Best's speed out of the backfield and Young's playmaking ability in the slot.

Justin Durant 1 year 2 million- His twitter page is full of tweets about how he wants to remain a Lion, I think he comes back for a reasonable amount.

Chris Houston 4 years 20 million- (3.5 the first year)

Restructure Matt Stafford's contract so that his contract is more incentive based, which means it doesn't count against the cap.

Anthony Spencer 3 years 15 million

Draft-
Trade #5 to Buffalo for #8 and #41
Buffalo has said they plan on drafting a Franchise QB, and I think that they believe that man is Geno Smith.

Trade #8 to Miami for #12 and Miami 3rd
Miami is desperate for a WR, and I think that they feel that Cordarelle Patterson is worth the pick at #8 and are willing to trade up to secure his selection.

12- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State- With his 4.4 forty and 40.5" vertical jump along with great size and strength, Rhodes is certainly worth this selection at #12. He sures up our biggest need on Defense at the CB position.

2a- DJ Fluker OT Alabama- Slides right into Right Tackle and replaces Gosder Cherilus, who played very admirably last season, but whose health is in question.

2b- Matt Elam S Florida- Should start immediately opposite Delmas.

3a- Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State- Sat out the entire season after breaking his foot in the first game, was previously and electrifying edge rusher with Top 10 potential.

3b- Brian Schwenke C California- Replaces Riolia immediately and has versatility in terms of what type of schemes he can play in, is an immediate upgrade at center.

4- Josh Boyce WR TCU- Great strength and quickness along with blazing speed were displayed at the combine by TCU's receiver Josh Boyce. Benched 225 22 times ran a sub 4.4 forty and had a 32" vertical leap. Perfect slot receiver.

5- Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU- Sat out the year as he battled his drug addiction and criminal past this season. Special punt returner with elite instincts and is a willing tackler. Has elite potential as a punt returner and solid potential as a slot corner.

6- Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida- Exceptionally athletic outside linebacker who has had some injury history and could stand to use some coaching. Freak athlete.

7- Onterio Mccaleb RB Aubrun- 4.2 speed and decent size, never produced as much as he did at the combine, but worth a shot in the 7th round.

Lions017

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I think that the second trade is pretty optimistic, but I could see us trading with Arizona or Buffalo, so the first one isn't bad. And I think that drafting Mathieu is totally overdone and I don't really want a part of it, but for the fifth round we're basically just throwing darts. I would be relatively happy with this draft. Any draft where we can upgrade the O-Line and the defense at the same time and I'm a happy man.
1King

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Boyce, Schwenke and Jelani Jenkins (though I dont think he falls that far).

FA are cool, though I'm not sure Spencer fits that well here.

Okay with Rhodes, but I still have question about whether he can stick at CB long term.

I have heard (not sure how true) that there is little chance Fluker makes it out of the 1st round - I dont like him that much at OT in a pass heavy offense anyway.

Elam is okay, but I like other S better.

I like Brandon Jenkins, but I didnt think he would come in as small as he did. I'm not sure he could play DE in the NFL now.

No way on Honey Badger.

Dont like McCaleb and someone will probably overdraft him due to his 40 anyway.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young rarely lined up in the slot.

That seems high for Rhodes but I cant say I have a problem with it. I love his tape.

It is hopeful to get Fluker, Elam and Schwenke in those spots at this point.

X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the trades are pretty unlikely, but if it went down like this I would be pretty happy. You did a very nice job. The only thing I didn't like that I'll make a point to complain about is Mathieu. I don't want the Lions to waste a pick on him.

Team Stylish313

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: