Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 War Room I - Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
or maybe we ask for to much. ? ok well whatever i didnt think it would have to be so extreme to bring suh or calvin in it. i was thinking bordline players. exp our trade thread has us shopping s.hill for a mid pick..id be happy with a high 6th and sign a stanton..theres one..there are others i know id part ways with to save money and for late picks. i like this drafts late rd players available

To my knowledge noone has offered anything for Hill. It takes 2 to tango. And I would rather not let him go that cheap. FA is also a game of Russian Roullette in this thing.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
If we can add a starter, and a guy who can make plays in the secondary I won't regret moving a 3rd in a deal for him.

Without a doubt. The third round is for border starters. So if we can get a solid starter, age 25...along with a later picks and a young depth guy, that is a TON more than we would get from hoarding it.
so tell me why do they want to get rid of him?? wasnt he only starting due to injury? so they test him he made some plays,that little time makes him a playmaker? if so then why do the giants want our 3rd
still waiting on why the Giants want to get rid of him. a playmaker for a 3rdp
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
or maybe we ask for to much. ? ok well whatever i didnt think it would have to be so extreme to bring suh or calvin in it. i was thinking bordline players. exp our trade thread has us shopping s.hill for a mid pick..id be happy with a high 6th and sign a stanton..theres one..there are others i know id part ways with to save money and for late picks. i like this drafts late rd players available

To my knowledge noone has offered anything for Hill. It takes 2 to tango. And I would rather not let him go that cheap. FA is also a game of Russian Roullette in this thing.
i wouldn't bother to ask either if i saw for a mid pick.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway looks like its going to happen. not that im mad but i still thought there was time to make some other things happen and i think your selling the draft short.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
still waiting on why the Giants want to get rid of him. a playmaker for a 3rdp

Just snooping around. To answer your question, we have ~14 million dollars invested at the safety position (not counting Stevie) and 3 great safeties. KP was franchised so he cannot be traded. Antrel was restructured so he would cost 4 million dollars more to trade than to keep, so he wouldn't make sense to trade. That leaves Stevie as the only option.

As for the price: We are realistic that teams love their draft picks and asking for a solid high 2nd round pick for him, we would get no bites. Instead of going into free agnecy next year with KP and Stevie both UFA, we are willing to trade Brown and get something for him.

Same situation as the Cruz situation for us. Have to make a decision between Cruz and Nicks, but here the decision is made for us, since we can only trade one.

^Stone85 on the sig^
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

i wouldn't bother to ask either if i saw for a mid pick.

I wouldn't let him go for amid round pick personally. Remember, I said a 2rd. Reason is that is what it would take to replace him. If the wrong team shows interest in Stanton we won't get him. I don't honestly think Stanton will get overbid, but it certainly is not outside the realm of possibility either. Besides, other teams could be thinking the same thing you are, they wont even give a 7rd for Hill because they would rather go FA.

Hill is not the type of player teams give up much for in these. And definitely not picks. It would have to be a player swap almost certainly. But most view him as a backup, and the teams that view him as a starter are more interested in getting a young guy in the draft for the position.

All this talk is great, but it simply is not that easy.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather trade for Nicks. Work Brown in a deal for Nicks and I am sold. I just don't like giving that much for a guy who was a rotational S. if he were full time starter worthy they would have let KP go rather than franchise him and blow the money. They are selling high on Brown, and I see why.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I'd rather trade for Nicks. Work Brown in a deal for Nicks and I am sold. I just don't like giving that much for a guy who was a rotational S. if he were full time starter worthy they would have let KP go rather than franchise him and blow the money. They are selling high on Brown, and I see why.

Why would they do that? Then they get nothing out of KP....It makes no sense. It was all but dictated to them how this was going to work out. 3 players with good value for 2 positions, would you let one go for free or try to keep 2 and get something out of the third?
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Why would they do that? Then they get nothing out of KP....It makes no sense. It was all but dictated to them how this was going to work out. 3 players with good value for 2 positions, would you let one go for free or try to keep 2 and get something out of the third?

If it means having 7 mil in cap room and getting a legit starting free agent I would. Al day every day.

DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, Hakeem Nicks? They already lost Cruz, how would that happen?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

If it means having 7 mil in cap room and getting a legit starting free agent I would. Al day every day.

Considering FFMD FA, 7mill for KP is cheap and you know it. Cap room is exactly why they WOULD do it.
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie Brown played 89% of snaps for NY last season, and started 11 games.

That means he started 9% more snaps than Delmas, and 3 more games. His season in 2012 was way better than any season Delmas has ever enjoyed in Detroit.

DrRay, make the trade.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:

I thought they tagged Cruz so couldn't trade him. Must have misread it.

DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, we stand at 12 in favor (stylish313 - 3, FootballPhreak - 3, X_Factor_40 - 2.5, IDOG_Det - 2.5, Nnvicolm - 1) to 6 against. (LD26 - 1, Rockcity - 1, SllimPickens - 1, Lionsfanforever - 3).

I'm going to wait a bit longer to put in my vote but I'm leaning yes right now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

I thought they tagged Cruz so couldn't trade him. Must have misread it.

I believe he had a first round tender. He was made an offer NYG did not want to match.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 62 of 107

Jump to: