Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 War Room I - Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
I don't like it. I would rather draft Tony Jefferson or Bacari Rambo in the third. I honestly don't know much about Brown, but I'm not sold on a small sample size.
i agree plus yall may need this 3rd to get other trades done. i was thinkn gain some later picks and use the 3rd to move back up into the second for a nicer piece.

Not going to happen. Everyone hoards picks. It is why we can't ever get anything done in trade. It is why people are voting no on this trade. Nobody on our side will vote yes to use a pick to trade up and noone on another team will OK spending a pick on any of our fodder.

I am sorry, but Brown is infinitely better than any unproven rook we could draft in the 3rd. Brown is better than any safety in this draft, period.
sheldon brown? u know theres still FA and i dont get why it would be hard to trade up. but i guess you have done these before.i would atleast wait till after fa to pull the trigger.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
I don't like it. I would rather draft Tony Jefferson or Bacari Rambo in the third. I honestly don't know much about Brown, but I'm not sold on a small sample size.
i agree plus yall may need this 3rd to get other trades done. i was thinkn gain some later picks and use the 3rd to move back up into the second for a nicer piece.

Not going to happen. Everyone hoards picks. It is why we can't ever get anything done in trade. It is why people are voting no on this trade. Nobody on our side will vote yes to use a pick to trade up and noone on another team will OK spending a pick on any of our fodder.

I am sorry, but Brown is infinitely better than any unproven rook we could draft in the 3rd. Brown is better than any safety in this draft, period.
sheldon brown? u know theres still FA and i dont get why it would be hard to trade up. but i guess you have done these before.i would atleast wait till after fa to pull the trigger.

People don't like to move picks. They treat it a lot like madden where it's all about adding picks, and players are extremely over paid in the FFMD FA.
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
More votes?

We have a trade offer on the table, please yay/nay:

Lions trade:

3rd round pick

Giants trade:
Stevie Brown - $1.927M
Tyler Sash - $555k
7th round pick

Brown is a true young ballhawk who needs to add consistency, but who I feel is better than any safety we could select in round 3. Of course, there may be an unproven player of any position available with more potential.

We also get Tyler Sash, who is young depth.
Nay. For that amount, I've got my eye on a couple free agents- and going that route, we wouldn't lose a draft selection.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

People don't like to move picks. They treat it a lot like madden where it's all about adding picks, and players are extremely over paid in the FFMD FA.
i was actually talking about giving up picksto gain a good one. they dont go for that? and why are we being different then lol. im sure when draft time rolls around more than likely you will regret trading that pick.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

haha stevie brown.. still be a no from me.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

i was actually talking about giving up picksto gain a good one. they dont go for that? and why are we being different then lol. im sure when draft time rolls around more than likely you will regret trading that pick.

It's unlikely the majority of the staff would be in favor of using that pick to move up into the 2nd. Some staff will be willing to move back, but we can't really afford to move up with picks when there are so many holes on the roster.

If we can add a starter, and a guy who can make plays in the secondary I won't regret moving a 3rd in a deal for him.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
If we can add a starter, and a guy who can make plays in the secondary I won't regret moving a 3rd in a deal for him.

Without a doubt. The third round is for border starters. So if we can get a solid starter, age 25...along with a later picks and a young depth guy, that is a TON more than we would get from hoarding it.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

It's unlikely the majority of the staff would be in favor of using that pick to move up into the 2nd. Some staff will be willing to move back, but we can't really afford to move up with picks when there are so many holes on the roster.

guess i was assuming things go well in FA. also assuming a guy we like has a fall. and also said if we can aquire late rd picks. so i guess trading up isn't a option...ok whatever. i just thought gaining late picks we could move around in the later rds while getting 2 second rd picks/better players. guess ill watch other teams do it
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Without a doubt. The third round is for border starters. So if we can get a solid starter, age 25...along with a later picks and a young depth guy, that is a TON more than we would get from hoarding it.
so tell me why do they want to get rid of him?? wasnt he only starting due to injury? so they test him he made some plays,that little time makes him a playmaker? if so then why do the giants want our 3rd
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

guess i was assuming things go well in FA. also assuming a guy we like has a fall. and also said if we can aquire late rd picks. so i guess trading up isn't a option...ok whatever. i just thought gaining late picks we could move around in the later rds while getting 2 second rd picks/better players. guess ill watch other teams do it

The only teams that gain picks in FFMD are the ones that trade off superstars. The only way we get extra picks is if you want to trade Suh or Calvin. Is that what you want to do so you can "move around in the later rounds"?
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I change my mind.

Yay. Head Coach
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

The only teams that gain picks in FFMD are the ones that trade off superstars. The only way we get extra picks is if you want to trade Suh or Calvin. Is that what you want to do so you can "move around in the later rounds"?

It's his first FFMD, he will see how it differs from what really happens soon.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

or maybe we ask for to much. ? ok well whatever i didnt think it would have to be so extreme to bring suh or calvin in it. i was thinking bordline players. exp our trade thread has us shopping s.hill for a mid pick..id be happy with a high 6th and sign a stanton..theres one..there are others i know id part ways with to save money and for late picks. i like this drafts late rd players available
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

It's his first FFMD, he will see how it differs from what really happens soon.

I understand that. No big deal and he is entitled to his opinion/wants. Just trying to let him know how it really goes is all.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

so tell me why do they want to get rid of him?? wasnt he only starting due to injury? so they test him he made some plays,that little time makes him a playmaker? if so then why do the giants want our 3rd

Because they have 3 starters, 2 starting positions and they are trying to hoard picks the same way you want to Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 61 of 107

Jump to: