You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 Pittsburgh Steelers : War (Room) Is the Answer!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:
Is everyone cool with switching to a 1-gap 3-4 alignment?

I'd like it, but Im only a mediocre peanut gallery member who has been threatened to be punted!! oops:

Not a big fan at all of trading Polamalu. He'd be someone who I'd ask for a restructure for.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only 2 restructures we would save the most by Restructuring Ben and Woodley. I like Troy as well but his cap hit is high over 10 mil. We need to find ways to save money but would love to keep Troy.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJtheWicked wrote:

keth is against it.

Anyway, its only natural that we make the switch. It makes Keisel expendable and all of our young DLineman are better suited for it. And considering Harrison is getting older and Woodley is so up and down, it helps us generate pressure another way.

However, I think it really makes our need for a quality thumper much more dire. You need to have a quality run plugging ILB, and while Timmons is a great playmaker, he is not the consistent run stopper we need in the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
KJtheWicked wrote:

I'd like it, but Im only a mediocre peanut gallery member who has been threatened to be punted!! oops:

Not a big fan at all of trading Polamalu. He'd be someone who I'd ask for a restructure for.

We have 2 restructures at this point. The most mileage is restructuring Ben and Woodley. If all goes well that can save 12.5M. we have 11.8M in dead money right now. We will need about 5M to sign draft picks. and between 5-7.5M to sign RFA and ERFA.

The numbers may change depending on what they give me but I'm fairly sure I'm close. 128.8M in salary. 11.8M in dead money. 5.5M in draft picks. 5-7.5M in RFA. that is about 148M. after restructuring 2 contract we can knock 12.8M ( best case) off that total. Now we are at 136M. Salary cap is 122-124M

I've made a suggestion to the rules committee to help out the teams over the cap but I'm not sure they will do anything.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that 2 restructures really hand cuffs us. Jeb, if needed I'll come up with a few scenarios where we can try and save more cap space by cuts and possible players to trade. Let me know if you need help in that aspect.

KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
KJtheWicked wrote:

keth is against it.

Anyway, its only natural that we make the switch. It makes Keisel expendable and all of our young DLineman are better suited for it. And considering Harrison is getting older and Woodley is so up and down, it helps us generate pressure another way.

However, I think it really makes our need for a quality thumper much more dire. You need to have a quality run plugging ILB, and while Timmons is a great playmaker, he is not the consistent run stopper we need in the middle.

I agree. I think Ziggy-McLendon-Cam or McLendon-Ziggy-Cam would work just fine.

LBs, I think Timmons will do just fine as the Mike. I'd probably move Woodley to the weak side. I think a few of these OLBs in the draft profile better to the strong side. Guys with some height that can cover an NFL TE.

As for Harrison, I'd like to get him in as my thumper if we can. I don't know the cap numbers or any of that, but I think he would do well in that role. If we can't, then I definitely agree, we gotta find someone to fit in there. I don't think Foote can handle it.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are not going to change the restructuring so might look at cutting Clark along with many others.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap. Well, lets look at the cap numbers and see who we can live without.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
they are not going to change the restructuring so might look at cutting Clark along with many others.

That takes the fun out of this. We are going to have to release or trade a lot of key players to have some cap room.

Did they announce the cap yet? Is it like 124 mil?

steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The switch to a 3-4 1-gap is 43M's call. He's the HC.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

Yea, we'll probably have to wait n see who we are able to retain before makin that call anyways. Him and I agree it does make sense for the talent we have on the d line.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I' going to send out some PM's. I don't want to talk about possible moves out in the open yet.

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

I definitely support that.

Heyward and Hood are better fits...plus it takes the pressure off of our OLBs to get all the pressure, which makes Harrison a bit easier to let go. I still hate the thought of Worlids as our starting OLB, though.

But yes, switching to the 1 gap makes too much sense with our current personnel.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

I definitely support that.

Of course you would Laughing

Seriously though, I like the idea of 1-gap with Hood at NG. I think that suits his skillset. Heyward can play the strong side (in front of Woodley) and McClendon can play the weak side with Worilds behind him. Might work better that way because Worilds can exploit his speed behind McClendon and Hood / Heyward work the strong side, Woodley can push through to stuff the run or try to make something out of that pile of mess.

This could help Timmons a lot actually. If we can open a gap in the middle, this could let Spence or Timmons exploit their speed and go for a speed rush up the middle. With Timmons / Spence at ILB, you're talking about a fire blitz with Spence dropping and Timmons coming in late.

We need to start discussing a trade block
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Ziggy as NG/NT I would lose Spence because he will not be big enough.

IMHO, I would shop Clark, Harrison, Polamalu and Keisel. If we can get a half eaten bag of chips for Colon I would take it. Their cap situation will kill almost any chance of a trade. Teams like the Bengals, Browns, Jax and Miami have the most room.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 3 of 57

Jump to: