Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Interested in Geno Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Meh, I'm just not moved when I watch him play. Highlights are great. But when I sat and watched a little WV football it was rather ho-hum for me watching Geno.

He reminds of Aaron Brooks a little haha
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the bottom line you need a QB to compete in this league, however you need a strong defense to win in it. You have both you're in business.

For example, the niners would not be in the super bowl with with Alex Smith. While not a terrible QB he's far from a playmaker. Now with Kaep you've got a playmaker who can do so many things.

Even the ravens who are here because of what Flacco can do, he isn't elite but he's not average, I mean you don't throw 8 TD's and NO INTs in the playoffs being average.

And both teams have a pretty good and a great defense.

You need both to win so if we can get a Elite QB this year lets grab him.
However if we can trade down and pick up more picks and get some of the great defensive or offensive linemen I won't be mad.
Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM will trade down if AT ALL possible, and he'll take BPA. We may end up with Geno, but I highly doubt we draft him #3.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Meh, I'm just not moved when I watch him play. Highlights are great. But when I sat and watched a little WV football it was rather ho-hum for me watching Geno.

Real talk, I thought Aaron could have been a solid QB had he gotten in the right situation. I never hated on Brooks, even though we lost a lot with him........That was when Larry Johnson looked like a legend. Time flies.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Real talk, I thought Aaron could have been a solid QB had he gotten in the right situation. I never hated on Brooks, even though we lost a lot with him........That was when Larry Johnson looked like a legend. Time flies.

This is what I always remember Aaron Brooks for. He has the awareness of Manti Teo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIFLNWZBfA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

This is what I always remember Aaron Brooks for. He has the awareness of Manti Teo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIFLNWZBfA

More real talk, I made a similar throw in HS football practice and never saw pt there again Embarassed

SUCKED! d'oh! my friends always bring it up

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
You're logic is confusing me. Feels like you swing from one idea to whatever the front office is thinking

Your*

And this is something that I believe you and I have spoke of in the past.

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

That's actually who NFL.com scouts said is his player comparison in their scouting report.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
I think Allen could survive another 10 loss season if Geno Smith is under center cause he is a rookie QB. If he loses 10 games with Palmer under center then I can see him getting fired.

I could see this being plausible. With all the FO moves I could see McKenzie, Clinkscale & DA feeling uncomfortable about their future. They both could go after another failed season. Mark could be signaling that perhaps he failed to properly vet McKenzie hiring him without interviewing anyone else. Drafting Geno could collectively buy another season.

The only time I ever failed to watch Raiderfootball was during JaMarcus Russell's rookie season. I turned off the draft and didn't watch any serious football for a year. My initial disappointment with this rumor is that poor OL, lack of supporting cast, and coaching continuity are the primary reasons rookie QBs fail. The Raiders are no more prepared to draft a rookie QB than they are to develop Pryor. The focus of the FO should only be strengthening the trenches at this time.

I will be disappointed if McKenzie is engaging in reindeer games. Just don't leek anything at all.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would hate to put a rookie qb behind this o-line.

first you get the o-line, then you get the qb

geno is meh. i wonder how he would face vrs top comp like bama etc

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
2 things:

1. I don't think he'll get past KC and Jax

2. I don't want to draft captain staredown at 3. I would love to wait till 2014 when the QB class is much, much better

Where are you seeing that? Geno is good at looking off the safety and making throws. You don't complete 71% and 42 TDs to 6 INTs starring down WRs, you just don't.

Also, it's pure speculation that the QB class is going to be better in 2014. Pure speculation. Barkley was considered by and large the #1 player in college football coming into 2013, oops. Jake Locker went from #1 overall pick to returning for a senior year and dropping. The games have to be played.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Where are you seeing that? Geno is good at looking off the safety and making throws. You don't complete 71% and 42 TDs to 6 INTs starring down WRs, you just don't.

Also, it's pure speculation that the QB class is going to be better in 2014. Pure speculation. Barkley was considered by and large the #1 player in college football coming into 2013, oops. Jake Locker went from #1 overall pick to returning for a senior year and dropping. The games have to be played.

Watch the tape, that's one of Geno Smith's biggest weaknesses, he stares down his first option way too much.

You complete 71% of your passes when you're throwing bubble screens all game in a spread offense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
Lol Geno Smith would do nothing for our defensive woes. It would be another questionable move by Reggie

If he's our QB for the next 10 years, it'd be a great move. It wouldn't do anything for our D in 2013 but it could do a lot of good to our team for a very long time. You got to look at it further than next season.

If you are rebuilding and don't have a franchise QB, then taking the top QB in the draft is never a bad move.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:

You're logic is confusing me. Feels like you swing from one idea to whatever the front office is thinking. For all the talk about the lack of talent on defense and no impact player and you're OK with us going QB with the #3 overall QB. Change of philosophy?

I've always said the QB is the most important position on the field. The Raiders lack impact players, but they also lack a franchise QB. I'm simply saying I would be fine with the pick. IMO, there is not an impact player on either side of the ball in this draft.

RaiderX wrote:
Some of these QBs aren't even clear cut 1st round guys. Its the same BS we heard when we were thinking of taking Russell. Different players but the situation is still fresh. "You need a franchise QB." If we had the picks I would have no problem. These guys are gonna take 2-3 years to develop while playing and I doubt Allen will have the time to last waiting for him to develop. Just too many holes to fill right now.

Smith is a 1st round guy. That is who we are talking about. He can come in and find early success in the NFL with his arm and ability as a passer. I'd rather bring him up to speed for 2 years than be stuck without a solution at QB for another 2 years.

RaiderX wrote:
Look at teams like Seattle and San Fran who built their defense before they got their franchise guys. Thats the way this team should build IMO. Allen wants to be a tough Defense and a run first offense. Same when he was the DC in Denver.

San Fran had franchise guys on their defense when those coaches took over. Seattle played FA well on defense and hit on some late draft picks like Chanclor and Sherman.

RaiderX wrote:
I have absolutely no problem with taking a QB in the draft after the 1st. These guys seem to all have the same consistency problems. I really wouldn't mind EJ Manuel in the 3rd. I think it's a trade bait situation anyways as far as Geno.

EJ in the 3rd is a stretch. He's upped his value.

As for Oakland. Draft a Franchise QB. Then devote FA to finding Dline help. Hope your 2nd year players mature some. You also have draft picks to add talent to that side of the ball.

There is more than one way to build a roster. In this draft, I'd take the Franchise QB if you like him over these defensive players that don't jump off the screen.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Watch the tape, that's one of Geno Smith's biggest weaknesses, he stares down his first option way too much.

You complete 71% of your passes when you're throwing bubble screens all game in a spread offense.

Show my film of him throwing bubble screens all game? How many people watched WV play this season? They stretch the field with 2 vertical threats. How is that ignored by everyone?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Show my film of him throwing bubble screens all game? How many people watched WV play this season? They stretch the field with 2 vertical threats. How is that ignored by everyone?

West Virginia wasn't attacking anyone vertically this season, their offense was primarily short passes, screens, and some medium range throws. I'm not saying he didn't make a few deeps throws every now and then but their offense wasn't trying to stretch the field consistently it was more about getting the ball to their two playmaking receivers in space and letting them go to work...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 5 of 29

Jump to: