Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Interested in Geno Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
also rey >>>rolo ,who a majority of people fell in love with

Did anyone really fall in love with Rolando? IIRC it took a pretty long time for most of us to be OK with the pick. Eventually after plenty of "safe/leader/smart" pick talk we were cool with it, but I dont remember many people loving that pick. I know I sure didnt.

I cursed loudly in a computer lab in front of my professor while streaming the draft and simultaneously coding. Hated it then, hate it now. Lived with it in between.

Yup. I had come home from a 12 hour day of building bombs in 90+ degree heat. The entire day I was so excited to get home see our pick. Unfortunately, I missed it, and I remember frantically waiting for the ticker to get to #8 to see who we got. I was beside myself when I saw who it was. A MLB? I was so not thrilled with that pick, like at all. Rather than doing my own research and seeing for myself, I listened to the experts and a lot of people in this forum and I let myelf believe it would be OK because he would be the QB of our defense, blah blah blah.

To be honest I was whatever about it, I wished we drafted a LT, but I didn't hate the pick. DHB on the other hand...I'm just glad everyone was wearing seat belts.
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ftr our non freak first rounders have busted just as much as our freak first rounders.

Al's dead. Players actually have a chance to develop now.

Oakland's new punter. Yes. Punter.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone can show you proof because noone wants to #1. Because any proof you are shown you'll find a way to counter argue or shoot down #2, even if your counter argument has no merit you'll still stick by it. And because noone here has the extra ample time to edit and put a video cutup on youtube just for you to win a stupid argument that everyone here but you can see the flaws in, #3.

No proof will ever be enough, not only that but you'll never accept anything as proof anyway.
There's no way to win an argument with someone who doesn't want to make sense and whopse counter arguments will always consist mostly of the word "no" in lieu of anything and everything else. You win, what did you win?
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
also rey >>>rolo ,who a majority of people fell in love with

Did anyone really fall in love with Rolando? IIRC it took a pretty long time for most of us to be OK with the pick. Eventually after plenty of "safe/leader/smart" pick talk we were cool with it, but I dont remember many people loving that pick. I know I sure didnt.

I cursed loudly in a computer lab in front of my professor while streaming the draft and simultaneously coding. Hated it then, hate it now. Lived with it in between.

Yup. I had come home from a 12 hour day of building bombs in 90+ degree heat. The entire day I was so excited to get home see our pick. Unfortunately, I missed it, and I remember frantically waiting for the ticker to get to #8 to see who we got. I was beside myself when I saw who it was. A MLB? I was so not thrilled with that pick, like at all. Rather than doing my own research and seeing for myself, I listened to the experts and a lot of people in this forum and I let myelf believe it would be OK because he would be the QB of our defense, blah blah blah.

To be honest I was whatever about it, I wished we drafted a LT, but I didn't hate the pick. DHB on the other hand...I'm just glad everyone was wearing seat belts.

Man, the two drafts I have been most upset about were 2009 with DHB and 2006 with Huff. When they announced our pick in 09 I was certain it would be Crabtree and would have been happy with a laundry list of other players, instead they said the ONE name I did not want. The year we got Huff I really wanted Leinart Embarassed , Cutler, or Ngata and I was furious when we took our 5th DB w/ our 1st in the last 6 drafts.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Noone can show you proof because noone wants to #1. Because any proof you are shown you'll find a way to counter argue or shoot down #2, even if your counter argument has no merit you'll still stick by it. And because noone here has the extra ample time to edit and put a video cutup on youtube just for you to win a stupid argument that everyone here but you can see the flaws in, #3.

No proof will ever be enough, not only that but you'll never accept anything as proof anyway.
There's no way to win an argument with someone who doesn't want to make sense and whopse counter arguments will always consist mostly of the word "no" in lieu of anything and everything else. You win, what did you win?

sorry for asking you to explain you page long rants ,disputing what i say, or even provide something to support your rants. i see now that i was asking to much. you dont have time to watch film but you have time to type page long rants 20 times a day. makes total sense.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play4Blood wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ftr our non freak first rounders have busted just as much as our freak first rounders.

until this new regime does anything remotely successful i wish people would stop bashing Al. if it wasnt for Al we wouldnt even have 3 rings.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:

sorry for asking you to explain you page long rants ,disputing what i say, or even provide something to support your rants. i see now that i was asking to much. you dont have time to watch film but you have time to type page long rants 20 times a day. makes total sense.

Exactly what I am talking about. You twist reality to suit yourself. I did not ever say I don't have time to watch film, I said I don't have time to make you a personal edited video to win a stupid argument. And I especially don't have time to do it, because the whole point is to win an inane argument on an internet forum with a perfect stranger who will never end up accepting any other perspective anyway. That's what makes it a total waste of time more than anything.

You love Ansah, we get it. How many times do you have to be totally wrong with the potential beast guys until you let it go and temper your love for them with some reality checks?
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Play4Blood wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

until this new regime does anything remotely successful i wish people would stop bashing Al. if it wasnt for Al we wouldnt even have 3 rings.

Al was a burden and a hindrance. What this regime does or doesn't do doesn't change that fact in the least.

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play4Blood wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Play4Blood wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Al was a burden and a hindrance. What this regime does or doesn't do doesn't change that fact in the least.

The man speaks troofs. Yeah, Al did some great things back in the day but we're still totally jacked in our cap space b/c of him towards to end of the line. He put us in a huge hole and he knew what he was doing.

PM sig requests.
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the concept of clinging to the past and pointing to past glories. Hell, my grandfather fought under Patton in France, came home with shrapnel in his knee and a Purple Heart. To a lot of people, no matter what he did after that, he'd be considered a hero, a great man, a role model, or whatever praise you want to give a wounded WWII soldier. Doesn't change the fact he was a drunken womanizer and dirty SOB in his later years.

No man can be judged by his greatest accomplishment. Past glories can easily be tainted. Al tainted the hell out of his legacy the last quarter century. To deny that is to admit that you live in your own reality.

holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play4Blood wrote:
I understand the concept of clinging to the past and pointing to past glories. Hell, my grandfather fought under Patton in France, came home with shrapnel in his knee and a Purple Heart. To a lot of people, no matter what he did after that, he'd be considered a hero, a great man, a role model, or whatever praise you want to give a wounded WWII soldier. Doesn't change the fact he was a drunken womanizer and dirty SOB in his later years.

No man can be judged by his greatest accomplishment. Past glories can easily be tainted. Al tainted the hell out of his legacy the last quarter century. To deny that is to admit that you live in your own reality.

It's true and it's sad. I cried when he died, especially when a poster on here said he told his daughter the Raiders died that day. But he had it mostly wrong for the last 25 years, and more than anything with his GM duties. The guys he got, he paid, the team he assembled, it was a mess built the wrong way. I barely remember the winning days, and it's great to have a look into that past. But it's long gone and I'd like to see this team win again.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Play4Blood wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Play4Blood wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

The man speaks troofs. Yeah, Al did some great things back in the day but we're still totally jacked in our cap space b/c of him towards to end of the line. He put us in a huge hole and he knew what he was doing.

That was HIS team and he wanted to win before it was too late.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Play4Blood wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Play4Blood wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

That was HIS team and he wanted to win before it was too late.

Playing in a stadium built by taxpayers.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:

Exactly what I am talking about. You twist reality to suit yourself. I did not ever say I don't have time to watch film, I said I don't have time to make you a personal edited video to win a stupid argument. And I especially don't have time to do it, because the whole point is to win an inane argument on an internet forum with a perfect stranger who will never end up accepting any other perspective anyway. That's what makes it a total waste of time more than anything.

You love Ansah, we get it. How many times do you have to be totally wrong with the potential beast guys until you let it go and temper your love for them with some reality checks?

who is arguing? its a internet forum used to discuss and debate football well at least i thought it was. sheesh you guys get too emotional and personal. whenever someone doesnt agree here comes the name calling and condescending remarks. and who is asking you to make a cut up of tape on ziggy? you can just provide a link and say look at this time stamp. period.

ftr i just started talking about ziggy after senior bowl so again i dont know why you are so emotional and making a big deal about it. also the last thread i made about a prospect was the bruce one and how many years go was that? so again i dont know why you are getting so emotional and making a big deal about it.

im here to speak my piece just like everyone else and i try to do it in a respectful and informative way. ill admit if im wrong and am not afraid to eat crow but im also not afraid to stand my ground.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouts saying that Matt Barkley is still #1 QB in this draft, and Geno has fallen on out of the top 10 on alot of NFL draft rankings.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: