Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Interested in Geno Smith
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Raiders Interested in Geno Smith Reply with quote

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
#Raiders: Rumor mill is working through the league that Oakland scouts love Geno Smith. Front office is ready for a new QB.

Link:
https://mobile.twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/295369401081933825

This has to be false. No way RM would allow this.

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying its a good or bad idea. But Palmer ane Pryor have no ties to RM. So why wouldnt he. And it also make sense seeing how there is a rumor out there saying there looking to trade Palmer. This woild be the ultimate RM stamp on the team.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the fake out news begins at the top of the draft.
GJT1347

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) We're trying to get the Chiefs to bite and take him at #1

or

2) We are looking for someone to trade up and take him at #3

Props to Palooka ^
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:

or

3) The FO realizes that this is a QB league and you need a Franchise guy.

Not saying Smith is that guy, but there is not a long term solution at QB right now in Oakland. You win with QB play.

Personally, I like Smith's game a lot. Smart, hardworking kid. He needs some coaching, but the upside is immense with him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:

or

Yes this is what I'm thinking. Bait other teams and trick them. This is a weak QB class and no way he's worth the #3 pick, for us anyway.

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
GJT1347 wrote:

or

Not saying Smith is that guy, but there is not a long term solution at QB right now in Oakland. You win with QB play.

Personally, I like Smith's game a lot. Smart, hardworking kid. He needs some coaching, but the upside is immense with him.
agreed. Not saying geno is franchise qb, but if he. could be we need to consider him. we neeedddd a franchise qb. we should also look at Barkley.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackWidow wrote:
GJT1347 wrote:

or

Yes this is what I'm thinking. Bait other teams and trick them. This is a weak QB class and no way he's worth the #3 pick, for us anyway.

If the guy is a franchise QB, then he is most certainly worth the #3 overall pick IMO.

Smith is one the most accurate QBs I've seen in college in awhile. That is important. He has the arm strength and is a student of the game. Plus side mobility to make plays with his feet.

I wouldn't have an issue with a re-building team re-building around a QB. The Raiders have a the guy in Olson to work with him and he's a willing student.

QB is a big need going forward. If you can address that and find a pass rusher later in the draft or FA, then it's win/win.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
And it also make sense seeing how there is a rumor out there saying there looking to trade Palmer.

There is?
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:
GJT1347 wrote:

or

If the guy is a franchise QB, then he is most certainly worth the #3 overall pick IMO.

Smith is one the most accurate QBs I've seen in college in awhile. That is important. He has the arm strength and is a student of the game. Plus side mobility to make plays with his feet.

I wouldn't have an issue with a re-building team re-building around a QB. The Raiders have a the guy in Olson to work with him and he's a willing student.

QB is a big need going forward. If you can address that and find a pass rusher later in the draft or FA, then it's win/win.

Drafting Geno would spell the end of Palmer, Allen, or both. Drafting a guy at #3 without an immediate impact will crush Allen because I don't think he will survive another 10+ loss season.

If that is the case, they need a real impact player right away--particularly on defense--and the #3 spot is our only realistic chance at that this season (especially with no 2nd rounder). For him to be an impact guy he obviously has to start, and we aren't paying Carson 8 figures to ride the pine.

If the front office is okay with that, then here's to hoping for the best. Geno is my favorite QB this draft, but that really is not saying much. I think this is just a tactical move to bait another team into trading up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
GJT1347 wrote:

or

agreed. Not saying geno is franchise qb, but if he. could be we need to consider him. we neeedddd a franchise qb. we should also look at Barkley.

These two comments contradict each other lol

Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
BlackWidow wrote:
GJT1347 wrote:

or

Drafting Geno would spell the end of Palmer, Allen, or both. Drafting a guy at #3 without an immediate impact will crush Allen because I don't think he will survive another 10+ loss season.

If that is the case, they need a real impact player right away--particularly on defense--and the #3 spot is our only realistic chance at that this season (especially with no 2nd rounder). For him to be an impact guy he obviously has to start, and we aren't paying Carson 8 figures to ride the pine.

If the front office is okay with that, then here's to hoping for the best. Geno is my favorite QB this draft, but that really is not saying much. I think this is just a tactical move to bait another team into trading up.

I see it this way too. It may not bode well for DA short-term, but long-term if Smith is there, it could beneficial for the franchise to pick Geno. I like Smith a lot, but I just can't see him not being the top pick this year.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how I feel about the truth to this. We could be looking at QB, but it's clear from Allen's hires that he still is pretty committed to the idea of a defensive team. So I am struggling to believe it, even though we could quite possibly be into a QB. But I can't reconcile that with knowing that our defensive minded head coach has to be pushing for a defensive impact player.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
And it also make sense seeing how there is a rumor out there saying there looking to trade Palmer.

There is?

http://wpc.31d2.edgecastcdn.net/8031D2/xxsportsl/common/global_audio/40/88287.mp3

Couple minutes into the podcast
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Allen could survive another 10 loss season if Geno Smith is under center cause he is a rookie QB. If he loses 10 games with Palmer under center then I can see him getting fired.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: