Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room -- The Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no good reason to trade Tamba. Maybe for a first rounder, but trading him would simply create a hole that what we got for him would be unlikely to be able to replace. The value of Tamba is more than what we'd receive in return, I'd expect.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd see what we could get for McCluster.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm the West division writer, justo. I'm posting in here, so I can follow the thread. When you name the Director of Media Relations, have him contact me. Good luck with FFMD.

If anyone else wants to hit me up with general info, be my guest. It can be anonymous.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I see no good reason to trade Tamba. Maybe for a first rounder, but trading him would simply create a hole that what we got for him would be unlikely to be able to replace. The value of Tamba is more than what we'd receive in return, I'd expect.

With Justin Houston I feel like if we get a early to mid 2nd round pick for Hali. We could fix that hole and get younger. It isn't as if Hali is elite in every thing. He is Elite in pass rush, decent against the run and decent at best defending the pass.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
I wouldn't give up anything more than our 5th for Flynn considering we have the first pick in the round.

With his contract, I wouldn't give up more than a 6th.

I was thinking the same thing about Flynn. I was trying to think of a way we could dump salary and give them maybe a 5th round pick, but I just don't see a deal happening from anything like that. I'm just going to throw out any trade offers we get so they can be discussed.

I wouldnt mind trading for him if he is our answer at QB. That would mean we either trade and miss out on drafting one or we go with another player at #1.

He's better then most other veteran options as he still offers upside.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

With Justin Houston I feel like if we get a early to mid 2nd round pick for Hali. We could fix that hole and get younger. It isn't as if Hali is elite in every thing. He is Elite in pass rush, decent against the run and decent at best defending the pass.

But that's not easy to find. At all. It took us years to get a legitimate pass rusher after DT. Then we finally got Allen, but we suffered from him being our only threat. And then the exact same issue with Hali.

And a second rounder is not going to be as good as Tamba. And, obviously, will be far from a guarantee as well. I just don't see what we gain from the move.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

But that's not easy to find. At all. It took us years to get a legitimate pass rusher after DT. Then we finally got Allen, but we suffered from him being our only threat. And then the exact same issue with Hali.

And a second rounder is not going to be as good as Tamba. And, obviously, will be far from a guarantee as well. I just don't see what we gain from the move.

I agree. We'd have to get really good value for me to even entertain the idea of moving Tamba.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the Jets if they'd take Tamba Hali and swap 2nd rounders for Darelle Revis and got no reply. They'll probably end up getting a 1st rounder for Revis if they do trade him.

I also got a message from the 9ers GM saying that they want to trade Alex Smith for a pick in the 3-5 round range
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I asked the Jets if they'd take Tamba Hali and swap 2nd rounders for Darelle Revis and got no reply. They'll probably end up getting a 1st rounder for Revis if they do trade him.

I also got a message from the 9ers GM saying that they want to trade Alex Smith for a pick in the 3-5 round range

My thoughts are about the same on Smith as they are with the Flynn. All depends on ow our draft goes. One thing I will say is not to trade for people right now. Prices drop and the guys with he big contracts often get cut. People are trying to milk them for all they're worth right now.

I'd stay put until we see how things play out.

I think we should maybe start putting together our needs position wise so we can see if it's better for us to go through the draft or FA.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

I would like to think the 49ers are going to cut Smith if they can not get a trade partner. He is set to make 8.5 Mill on his contract this year. (Another reason I don't want to trade for him his contract.) The 49ers are only sitting with I think 2 mill of cap space free right now.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

I would like to think the 49ers are going to cut Smith if they can not get a trade partner. He is set to make 8.5 Mill on his contract this year. (Another reason I don't want to trade for him his contract.) The 49ers are only sitting with I think 2 mill of cap space free right now.

Alex will cost 8.5 against the cap? Cassel is costing 7.5 if we don't cut him right?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

Seattle and NY source both told me Seahawks offered two 1sts and they turned it down. I don't think they want to move Revis.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tramon Williams for a 4th rounder sound like a good deal?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Alex Smith would cost too much against the cap to trade for. Maybe we'll make a run on him if he is cut.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Tramon Williams for a 4th rounder sound like a good deal?

Yes, it does. We'll just have to figure out our cap situation first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 5 of 29

Jump to: