You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room -- The Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14730
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
I think that we should try to lock up Bowe first as well. We shouldn't have to give him a blank check either. He has been on the record for saying that he wants to stay in KC. A franchise tag for Albert will cost us $9.660 million whereas one for Bowe will cost us 11.28 million. I also think that we have more options for replacing Albert than we do with Bowe.



Perfect. Who is gonna start writing up the contracts? the sooner we do it the better. I don't want RYK and I to explode by losing another Carr Laughing .


Let me think about that for a while. We'll have to start looking at how much free cap space we are going to have.
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 4960
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
I think that we should try to lock up Bowe first as well. We shouldn't have to give him a blank check either. He has been on the record for saying that he wants to stay in KC. A franchise tag for Albert will cost us $9.660 million whereas one for Bowe will cost us 11.28 million. I also think that we have more options for replacing Albert than we do with Bowe.



Perfect. Who is gonna start writing up the contracts? the sooner we do it the better. I don't want RYK and I to explode by losing another Carr Laughing .


I can make some preliminary contracts to get an idea of what it would look like if you guys want. Would you want me to post them here?

As far as FA's go; Albert, Bowe, Colquitt, Gafford are guys we should definitely resign.

Siler and Pitoitua are guys I'd like to, but won't be disappointed if they leave.


Also if we can't restructure Tyson's deal, he needs to go. It would be impossible to resign Bowe and Albert.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14730
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
I can make some preliminary contracts to get an idea of what it would look like if you guys want. Would you want me to post them here?


Sure.

Also, here's a link that includes all of our player contracts:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 4960
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With our current Roster I have us with about 6.3 Mil in Cap Space. That is counting Rookie Salaries, Off Season Activities, and Dead Money. KC Guy can double check me, but that should be right.

Guys who would save us the most $$$.

Matt Cassel- Saves 7.85 Mil if cut after June 2nd and Dead Money Spread out. Saves 5.875 if we take the full hit.

Tyson Jackson- Saves 14.72 Mil after a 2.525 Mil Cap Penalty

Andy Studebaker- Saves 2.005 Mil. No Penalty

Kevin Boss- Saves 2.4 Mil. No Penalty
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jeffs66


Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 26
Location: Columbia, SC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind helping out a scout. I played offensive line my entire life, so I have watched a lot of film on offensive and defensive linemen in my day. I can help out in any way you guys need though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kcstomp63


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 813
Location: Kansas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to help here and there as well. I don't have time to hold a staff position, but whether you like it or not, I will be around to offer my opinion!! Laughing
_________________

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsel23


Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 4960
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the contracts I'm using in my next mock. I based most of them off recent deals signed by others at their positions.

P- Dustin Colquitt--- 4 Year, 9 Mil; 2.8Mil Signing Bonus: 2013(1Mil),2014/2015(1.75Mil), 2016(1.7Mil)----- 2013 Cap Hit(1.7Mil)

LS- Thomas Gafford--- 3 Year, 2.4Mil; 900K Signing Bonus: 2013/2015(500K)-------- 2013 Cap Hit(800K)

OT- Branden Albert---- 6 Year, 42Mil; 15Mil Signing bonus, Years 2-5(1.5Mil Probowl Bonus), Years 3-6(250K Playing Time Bonus): 2013(1.4Mil), 2014(3Mil), 2015(7Mil), 2016/2017(2.5Mil), 2018(3.6Mil)--------2013 Capt Hit(3.9Mil)

WR- Dwayne Bowe---- 5 Year 50 Mil; 25 Mil Guarenteed, including a 12 Mil Signing Bonus, 2 Million 1st Year Reporting Bonus and The first 2 years of contracts. 2013(4.5Mil), 2014(6.5Mil), 2015(8.75Mil),2016(8Mil), 2017(8.25Mil)----------------2013 Cap Hit(6.9+2 Mil Reporting Bonus)



That's 15.3 Mil against the 2013 Cap with keeping 2014 in mind. 2015 has the highest cap hit as we would need 2016 and 2017 for J. Hou and company.

Anyways what do you guys think??
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1489
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without looking at comparable contracts, it seems to be right in the ball park if not a tad generous to Bowe. I'm sure he'll like that signing bonus though!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1489
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
With our current Roster I have us with about 6.3 Mil in Cap Space. That is counting Rookie Salaries, Off Season Activities, and Dead Money. KC Guy can double check me, but that should be right.

Guys who would save us the most $$$.

Matt Cassel- Saves 7.85 Mil if cut after June 2nd and Dead Money Spread out. Saves 5.875 if we take the full hit.

Tyson Jackson- Saves 14.72 Mil after a 2.525 Mil Cap Penalty

Andy Studebaker- Saves 2.005 Mil. No Penalty

Kevin Boss- Saves 2.4 Mil. No Penalty


I'd be okay cutting all of them if need be. I like Boss but not worth the roster spot! They should have signed Bennett! Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 4301
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone! my name is bball and I am the head coach of the Giants. My duty is to reach out to all AFC south and west teams for any trade opportunity. Our current trade block is as follows:


Quote:
New York Giants Trade Block
HB - Ahmad Bradshaw - 3rd
OT - David Diehl - 6th
DT - Chris Canty - 3rd
DT - Marvin Austin - 4th
LB - Michael Boley - 4th
CB - Corey Webster - 4th
S - Antrel Rolle - 2nd



We are open to discuss the majority of players on our team for the right price though.

Also whoever is responsible for trade discussions on your board, feel free to contact me.

Thank you and hopefully we can do business!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1489
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffs66 wrote:
I wouldn't mind helping out a scout. I played offensive line my entire life, so I have watched a lot of film on offensive and defensive linemen in my day. I can help out in any way you guys need though.


Welcome man! I don't think anyone has claimed OL so if your most comfortable scouting that I'm sure SimonW won't mind!

Have fun man!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jeffs66


Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Posts: 26
Location: Columbia, SC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
jeffs66 wrote:
I wouldn't mind helping out a scout. I played offensive line my entire life, so I have watched a lot of film on offensive and defensive linemen in my day. I can help out in any way you guys need though.


Welcome man! I don't think anyone has claimed OL so if your most comfortable scouting that I'm sure SimonW won't mind!

Have fun man!


Sounds good. I will try and check back in here fairly often but if people want me to look at specific players just send me a message and I will do what I can.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 11079
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone who's writing contracts wants an example of what I did the last couple of years, I'd be happy to send them on.

I've also got excel files for the cap, and other things like that. Simon, or whoever, just pm me your email, and I can send them as an attachment.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14730
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffs66 wrote:
OILCHIEFS wrote:
jeffs66 wrote:
I wouldn't mind helping out a scout. I played offensive line my entire life, so I have watched a lot of film on offensive and defensive linemen in my day. I can help out in any way you guys need though.


Welcome man! I don't think anyone has claimed OL so if your most comfortable scouting that I'm sure SimonW won't mind!

Have fun man!


Sounds good. I will try and check back in here fairly often but if people want me to look at specific players just send me a message and I will do what I can.


Sure, I'll put you on the staff as the OL scout. We'll probably be looking at a few guys come draft time. Feel free to offer advice on anything else as well.
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14730
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I threw together the draft codes and sent out PM's to all who have shown that they may contribute. From this point forward, when referring to any prospect, be sure to use the draft codes sheet to let us know who you are talking about
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group