You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room -- The Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pitch in with advice now and again. Don't have the time to guarantee though so I don't want to commit to a position.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the gig, Simon! Eager to see how you manage the team.

If you need opinions on cornerbacks, I might be of assistance.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
samsel23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
If Ryk does the S.P. thing - I'll be the dedicated candy wrapper picker ...

Seriously: I'll hang in there, provide some nifty comments ... and support anyone who's going to do the cap etc.

I won't do it myself though ... we need some more guys digging into the weeds of the CBA ...

If no one else wants to I'll work the cap, I figured kc would but I definitely wouldn't mind doing it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you all are interested in Matt Flynn PM me

~Go Hawks
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
wiscsports28 wrote:
Hello fellow FFMDers I present to you the...

PACKERS TRADE BLOCK

Greg Jennings
James Starks
John Kuhn
Jermichael Finley
DJ Williams
Charles Woodson
Tramon Williams
Terrell Manning
Ryan Pickett

Contact the following if interested...
GM: jfinley88
AGM: Packerraymond

Only guy I am interested in is Ryan Pickett.

Jennings for me but I was under the impression that he is a FA. Which I would just wait until free agency. This is all dependent on our decision with Dwayne bowe
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to start naming positions tomorrow so we can get started. Of course you'll still be able to sign up after that, and of course you'll still be able to contribute even if you didn't officially sign up for any position. It should be a pretty fun FFMD given all of the tough decisions that will need to be made. Just keep them in mind now and as we go along:

What we plan on doing with Albert, Bowe, Colquitt, and Dorsey

What we plan on doing with the 1st overall pick. (Who we draft, and possibly trade down? There will probably be a lot of interest for the pick)

I'm also going to make a spreadsheet with codes for draft prospects so we can discuss them using the codes. If others know who we plan on taking with the #1 pick, it suddenly becomes less valuable to possible suitors and we don't want that.

If anyone has any suggestions on anything that I can do, feel free to throw them out there. Or if anyone has any suggestions on what we should start doing with our roster, let's start to get that discussion going. An important thing to note is that we will have the option of resigning one of our unrestricted free agents before they hit the open market. Doing this we can lock up either Albert or Bowe and tag the other and start working to sign them. That's the route we should go in my opinion. And if we fail to sign one guy we can move onto another guy and try to sign him instead.

We also should start working on an official trade block and use draft pick value for what we would want in return for each player.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I'm going to start naming positions tomorrow so we can get started. Of course you'll still be able to sign up after that, and of course you'll still be able to contribute even if you didn't officially sign up for any position. It should be a pretty fun FFMD given all of the tough decisions that will need to be made. Just keep them in mind now and as we go along:

What we plan on doing with the 1st overall pick. (Who we draft, and possibly trade down? There will probably be a lot of interest for the pick)

I'm also going to make a spreadsheet with codes for draft prospects so we can discuss them using the codes. If others know who we plan on taking with the #1 pick, it suddenly becomes less valuable to possible suitors and we don't want that.

If anyone has any suggestions on anything that I can do, feel free to throw them out there. Or if anyone has any suggestions on what we should start doing with our roster, let's start to get that discussion going. An important thing to note is that we will have the option of resigning one of our unrestricted free agents before they hit the open market. Doing this we can lock up either Albert or Bowe and tag the other and start working to sign them. That's the route we should go in my opinion. And if we fail to sign one guy we can move onto another guy and try to sign him instead.

We also should start working on an official trade block and use draft pick value for what we would want in return for each player.

I think most of these things have been discussed fairly heavily in the forum, to where the general feel of things is probably pretty consistent amongst most. Though to touch on the individual issues you brought up...

I really don't see much worth in retaining Dorsey at all at the moment. I think we will, in real life, and want to, here, go away from the one-dimensional pass rushless d-line we've been fielding lately. Dorsey is definitely inferior to Jackson and Pitoitua in my mind, and finding a cheaper backup that is either better, has potential to be better, or is comparable, shouldn't be too hard IMO. Or even someone to usurp one of the aforementioned DEs who remain on the roster. I say forget about him.

Colquitt I think is obvious. Pay the man. He's a damn good punter. 45+ punts inside the 20 is ludicrous. Especially with an offense that wasn't exactly moving the ball to the 40ish yard line all the time. I think that was around what he got, 45+.

As far as Bowe and Albert, that's tough for me. Personally, I think Bowe will be harder to negotiate with in this, as far as getting him to resign. The market seems to be more expensive for WRs. Whether that means we want to handle him first or if we want to franchise him for safety, I don't know. Regardless, I think both are guys we definitely want to resign. Without Bowe we're nothing at the WR spot, and we need someone reliable outside for whatever QB we bring in to work with. I did like what Stephenson did at LT, but I'm tired of the shallow o-lines we always field. I would love a trio of Albert, Stephenson, and Winston at OT. We can finally have depth at one of the tougher positions to field depth at. No more freaking Jordan Blacks and Barry Richardsons. There are certainly other options available at the LT spot for us, but why pay to get something we already have?

I do want to just be sure, is there a consensus here about 3-4 or 4-3? I'm pretty damn set on the 3-4 myself, but I do know some Chiefs fans who feel otherwise, and that would certainly adjust our plans a good bit if a discussion was needed there.

And just one thing I would like to note to anybody in this, is to remember not to expect reality with this. Obviously the people who run it try to keep it pretty legit, but we can't expect other fans to act like owners would. They, just like us, honestly, will be much more willing to make trades, shell out money, and see high roster turnover, especially since we're only cap restricted for this coming season.

I do have some thoughts on the draft as well, but I'll save that for when we have a spreadsheet.

As for the trading block, I'm not really sure. I'll think on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was fun last year. Just don't have the time to do much this year. If you need some help I don't mind helping out thought.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, congrats Simon, I think you'll do very well at being the GM. I was the GM a year or two ago (can't remember exactly), and I know it can be challenging.

The main piece of advice I can give you, is to try and take a systematic approach to each phase (trades, UFA, draft, shark tank, etc.). I agree you should think of an overall plan, because you can't function in a vacuum and treat each part separately or you'll make bad decisions, but if along the way you try to keep the overall plan at the forefront, it will only lead to indecision.

Ultimately, IMO it's up to the GM and AGM to keep the overall plan in mind, and keep everything on track, but don't let that bog down any individual phase.

Also, I'll not be volunteering this year for anything specific. I've actually been put on the writer's staff to do Op-Ed pieces, and while that doesn't preclude me from working on this too, I know my work commitments won't allow me to do much more then be an occasional contributor. I'll give my two cents, but don't want to be too involved.

Lastly, it seems like a lot of the regulars are tied up this year. It's life, it happens, we all understand. However, I don't see too many folks throwing their hat into the ring to help out. If you don't have the time, we all understand that, but don't let your concern over being inexperienced be a hindrance. My first FFMD I was the Capologist. The next I was the GM. Point being experience is not required, only a little time and effort.

^ryknowssd on the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice man, I'll keep that in mind.

Here is the current staff list:

Quote:
Staff:
General Manager: simonwayne
Assistant General Manager: OILCHIEFS
Head Coach: ptbarcus
Capologist: samsel23
QB Scout: rearviewmirror
Advisor: Mikek163

OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

I agree on trying to keep Bowe and Albert. We should look to lock Bowe up first as he was already on the tag and we'd have to pay him a lot if we needed to again.

Colquit is a no brainer.

As for Dorsey, I think it depends on what we do with Jackson. I would rather keep Jackson but has FFMD said anything about restructures? If not i think we should cut Jackson. His salary is crazy this year and it far outweighs even his new level of pay with a little pass rush. If we cut Jackson, I would keep Dorsey at the right price.

As for the trade block I would have:

Cassel Twisted Evil
Studebaker
Breaston(dependent on Bowe)

Those are all I can think that might have a little value and won't hurt our team. I would be more then happy keeping them. I'm of the philosophy that everyone can be traded for the right price.

With regards to guys that are to shy to speak up, the KC forum is pretty welcoming. My first FFMD was when Bigs was GM, Your opinion is always heard even if your way off base of the majority, the team will discuss it. You won't be ignored or anything like that. FFMD is the best part of the offseason!
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Thanks for the advice man, I'll keep that in mind.

Here is the current staff list:

Quote:
Staff:
General Manager: simonwayne
Assistant General Manager: OILCHIEFS
Head Coach: ptbarcus
Capologist: samsel23
QB Scout: rearviewmirror
Advisor: Mikek163

Thanks brother! I'll have lots of time to help out so just message me if you need any help with something. All I have is my studies so no specific time obligations aside from a couple hours each day.

Should be a great years for us!
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
I volunteer to be the QB scout

This should be fascinating.

And with the #1 overall choice (from the recommendation of RVM...) Collin Klein QB Kansas State University.

haha just kidding RVM

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we should try to lock up Bowe first as well. We shouldn't have to give him a blank check either. He has been on the record for saying that he wants to stay in KC. A franchise tag for Albert will cost us $9.660 million whereas one for Bowe will cost us 11.28 million. I also think that we have more options for replacing Albert than we do with Bowe.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I think that we should try to lock up Bowe first as well. We shouldn't have to give him a blank check either. He has been on the record for saying that he wants to stay in KC. A franchise tag for Albert will cost us $9.660 million whereas one for Bowe will cost us 11.28 million. I also think that we have more options for replacing Albert than we do with Bowe.

Perfect. Who is gonna start writing up the contracts? the sooner we do it the better. I don't want RYK and I to explode by losing another Carr Laughing .

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: