Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013v.13.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like some more picks o D. That 2nd year leap isn't guaranteed. Cobb was the only one to make that leap this year and House made improvement. The 11th ranked defense isn't good enough if they run out of gas at the end of the year especially with Pickett as Raji's backup although he starts next to him. Good mock tho, I'd be happy with Eifert and Taylor. Taylor is a better version of Saine.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I don't mind this mock, even with Taylor picked pretty early, but the Davis and Patton picks cancel each other out and Patton's gotta do something about that ridiculously slow 40 time. Same thing with Shawn Williams. So with that, I'd go with Blidi Wreh-Wilson, another CB, or DJ Swearinger in that 3rd round, Davis in the 4th(6'4" 232 with a 4.45 40 is going to turn heads), and Zeke Motta or DJ Swearinger(if he's still on the board) in the 5th.

~How do they cancel each other out? We lost two WRs, we are gaining two WRs?
~Wreh-Wilson? The guy coming off a major injury and can't cover man-to-man to save his soul? No thanks!

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:
I'd like some more picks o D. That 2nd year leap isn't guaranteed. Cobb was the only one to make that leap this year and House made improvement. The 11th ranked defense isn't good enough if they run out of gas at the end of the year especially with Pickett as Raji's backup although he starts next to him. Good mock tho, I'd be happy with Eifert and Taylor. Taylor is a better version of Saine.

You are COMPLETELY scapegoating the Packers' D. They did not run out of gas. They didn't take into account how good Kaepernick was running and didn't make that part of our game plan.

I guess I just have more confidence in Perry, Hayward, Worthy, Neal, Daniels, McMillian, etc. I think the answers to our D are already on this team and just need time to develop.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:
I'd like some more picks o D. That 2nd year leap isn't guaranteed. Cobb was the only one to make that leap this year and House made improvement.

I disagree.
- Sherrod you have nothing you can make an assessment on because of injury.
- Alex Green is also hard because of injury but he did pick up alot more of the offense as well
- Davon House made good strides from year 1 to 2.
- DJ Smith looked better as well

The only 2 that haven't shown solid improvement and had the opportunity are Williams and Taylor.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:
I'd like some more picks o D. That 2nd year leap isn't guaranteed. Cobb was the only one to make that leap this year and House made improvement.

I disagree.
- Sherrod you have nothing you can make an assessment on because of injury.
- Alex Green is also hard because of injury but he did pick up alot more of the offense as well
- Davon House made good strides from year 1 to 2.
- DJ Smith looked better as well

The only 2 that haven't shown solid improvement and had the opportunity are Williams and Taylor.

I'm not sure if I even agree with that bc they were brought in to contribute on ST.

I just think improving from #32 in the league to #11 with a banged up D is nothing short of amazing. I also think with players getting healthy and our rookies making the second year leap we could very realistically have a Top 5 D next year. I'd rather invest the picks in guys who will bring us balance to our offense and a quality TE for Rodgers.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
KManX89

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I have said this over and over again, the biggest leap a player makes is between year one and two. Imagine how much better our team will be when Perry, Worthy, Hayward, Daniels and McMillian make "the 2nd year leap."

Or the 2nd year slump...

I don't mind this mock, even with Taylor picked pretty early, but the Davis and Patton picks cancel each other out and Patton's gotta do something about that ridiculously slow 40 time. Same thing with Shawn Williams. So with that, I'd go with Blidi Wreh-Wilson, another CB, or DJ Swearinger in that 3rd round, Davis in the 4th(6'4" 232 with a 4.45 40 is going to turn heads), and Zeke Motta or DJ Swearinger(if he's still on the board) in the 5th.[/quote]

Actually, not really considering both DD and Jennings will likely be gone next year, us drafting another WR to replace Driver wouldn't hurt us, especially in the later rounds.

That being said, I really like this draft. Very Happy Could use some more defensive picks, though, like everyone else is saying.

Speaking of which, I currently have a mock that's in the works, could be up sometime later today, so stay tuned.
pollino14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
I'm a big Eiffert/Taylor and Patton fan, and wouldn't be upset if we got them. But I do think we have to address our defense at least once during our first 3 picks.

See, I don't think our defense is as big of a deal as people think. We were the #11 ranked defense last year; and that was with Erik Walden, Brad Jones and MD Jennings starting. Imagine how much better our defense will be with Nick Perry, Desmond Bishop, Jerrell Worthy and Jerron McMillian returning from injury and/or starting.

I have said this over and over again, the biggest leap a player makes is between year one and two. Imagine how much better our team will be when Perry, Worthy, Hayward, Daniels and McMillian make "the 2nd year leap."

These two factors are enough to make us into a Top 5 defense.

We should be better, I agree. But I still think there are areas for improvement.

DL is an obvious one to me, and there will be talent at 26. Pickett is up there, Worthy off of injury, Mike Neal injury prone. We're real thin there, and should also try to keep Raji as fresh as possible. Big time need imo.

I think getting a guy to replace Hawk eventually at ILB is a good way to go.

and looking for an upgrade at S wouldn't be so bad as well.

DL is a must though.

Well, I don't disagree with any of that, but what DL do you realistically think will be there at #26? SILB is a grunt position and not one that needs a high DP invested, that's why I addressed the position in Round 5. And Shawn Williams is a damn good prospect and would fit the bill.

But again, we are the #11 ranked defense, yes, we should improve, but I do not see a reason to panic, especially when you factor in our youngsters from last year who should make "the 2nd year leap."

I think John Jenkins/Shariff Floyd and Kawaan Short will be there for sure. I would be very happy with any of the three.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
I'm a big Eiffert/Taylor and Patton fan, and wouldn't be upset if we got them. But I do think we have to address our defense at least once during our first 3 picks.

See, I don't think our defense is as big of a deal as people think. We were the #11 ranked defense last year; and that was with Erik Walden, Brad Jones and MD Jennings starting. Imagine how much better our defense will be with Nick Perry, Desmond Bishop, Jerrell Worthy and Jerron McMillian returning from injury and/or starting.

These two factors are enough to make us into a Top 5 defense.

We should be better, I agree. But I still think there are areas for improvement.

DL is an obvious one to me, and there will be talent at 26. Pickett is up there, Worthy off of injury, Mike Neal injury prone. We're real thin there, and should also try to keep Raji as fresh as possible. Big time need imo.

I think getting a guy to replace Hawk eventually at ILB is a good way to go.

and looking for an upgrade at S wouldn't be so bad as well.

DL is a must though.

Well, I don't disagree with any of that, but what DL do you realistically think will be there at #26? SILB is a grunt position and not one that needs a high DP invested, that's why I addressed the position in Round 5. And Shawn Williams is a damn good prospect and would fit the bill.

But again, we are the #11 ranked defense, yes, we should improve, but I do not see a reason to panic, especially when you factor in our youngsters from last year who should make "the 2nd year leap."

I think John Jenkins/Shariff Floyd and Kawaan Short will be there for sure. I would be very happy with any of the three.

I think with the choices given, Eifert is a better option. There are only a few players ahead of him on my board. Those guys could all be gone by #26.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
pollino14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we picked Eiffert, I would love it. He's going to be a top TE in the league.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
If we picked Eiffert, I would love it. He's going to be a top TE in the league.

Well thanks, my point is that we need to get the most dominant player. I'm not really concerned with filling up as many holes on our roster as I am with adding as many elite players to our roster as possible.

Eifert could easily be the BPA when we pick at #26. Although, I still say my favorite of who should be there is Barrett Jones.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:

You are COMPLETELY scapegoating the Packers' D. They did not run out of gas. They didn't take into account how good Kaepernick was running and didn't make that part of our game plan.

I guess I just have more confidence in Perry, Hayward, Worthy, Neal, Daniels, McMillian, etc. I think the answers to our D are already on this team and just need time to develop.

I like the improvement on D and I do have high hopes for Perry, Worthy, Hayward, McMillian, Mozes, but do you really feel that confident in them to go offense with the first 3 picks?
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:

I like the improvement on D and I do have high hopes for Perry, Worthy, Hayward, McMillian, Mozes, but do you really feel that confident in them to go offense with the first 3 picks?

If the right person was there on defense I say go with him. But there is a very real possibility that the right person might not be there. In which case, I am comfortable enough with our D to reinvest in our O.

Honestly though, I think what we need is a running game to keep our offense balanced. To me, that is the biggest need right now.

I Am Rodgers wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: