Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013v.13.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Daintrain28's Mock Offseason 2013v.13.0 Reply with quote

[Scenario:
~We are awarded a 4th round compensatory pick for Matt Flynn

Released/Not resigned/Retired:
~Charles Woodson
~Greg Jennings
~Cedric Benson
~Donald Driver
~Jeff Saturday

Resigned:
~Evan Dietrich Smith

~Sam Shields

~Erik Walden

~Tom Crabtree

The Draft:
With the 26th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
6’6” 251 lbs. 4.70/40

It is time for Green Bay to prepare for Jermichael Finley never being the same. If he regroups and has a strong 2013, then he and Eifert could form a TE duo similar to the Patriots. If not, then Eifert takes over for him down the road.

Either way, we add the best TE in the draft to an already prolific offense and watch him take us to new heights.

With the 58th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford
5’11” 208 lbs. 4.58/40

All purpose back who isn't getting a lot of love in Packer's mocks, but should. Quick cut that should make him a fit in the ZBS, and a good receiver that should make him a fit in the WCO.

Elusive, deceptively powerful and darn good out of the backfield. Should be a great pickup this late and will prove to provide our offense with much needed balance.

With the 90th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
6’2” 195 lbs. 4.58/40

Very impressive WR prospect who put up big numbers on an offense devoid of talent. Put on a show at the Senior Bowl, both in practice and at the game. Elusive and good after the catch. Should add some talent to our WR core.

*****Trade Alert: Green Bay trades their 4th Round pick (#126) to Team X for their 3rd Round pick (#95)*****

With the 95th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Shawn Williams S Georgia
6’1” 217 lbs. 4.60/40

Tough, physical Safety with quickness and ball skills. Flying under the radar and expected to be there at the end of Round 3. Improves our secondary and gives us another talented S to pair with Morgan Burnett.

With the 134th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech
6’4” 232 lbs. 4.45/40

This draft is loaded with sleeper mid-round WR prospects and Davis is no different. He is a gigantic WR that fits the bill of the tall WRs MM’s offense looks for. Davis is strong as a bull and is very tough to bring down after the catch. Did not put up big numbers at Virginia Tech, but many think that was due largely to the poor play of his QB. Could be a steal in Round 4.

With the 164th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
A.J. Klein ILB Iowa State
6’2” 244 lbs. 4.71/40

Athletic, tackling machine, who should fit the bill of the “thumper” LB next to Bishop.

With the 182nd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Joe Madsen C West Virginia
6’4” 310 lbs. 5.15/40

Showed some flashes this year of being a damn talented OL. Struggled with consistency, but could develop into a damn fine C behind EDS on the bench.

With the 210th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select...
Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
6’2” 190 lbs.

Consistent 75% FG kicker in college has hit beyond 50 yards several times throughout his career. A good prospect to challenge Crosby for his starting job.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any mock that ends up with the Packers having both Eifert and Taylor is a win for me, add in Patton and I love it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pollino14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big Eiffert/Taylor and Patton fan, and wouldn't be upset if we got them. But I do think we have to address our defense at least once during our first 3 picks.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
I'm a big Eiffert/Taylor and Patton fan, and wouldn't be upset if we got them. But I do think we have to address our defense at least once during our first 3 picks.

See, I don't think our defense is as big of a deal as people think. We were the #11 ranked defense last year; and that was with Erik Walden, Brad Jones and MD Jennings starting. Imagine how much better our defense will be with Nick Perry, Desmond Bishop, Jerrell Worthy and Jerron McMillian returning from injury and/or starting.

I have said this over and over again, the biggest leap a player makes is between year one and two. Imagine how much better our team will be when Perry, Worthy, Hayward, Daniels and McMillian make "the 2nd year leap."

These two factors are enough to make us into a Top 5 defense.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Any mock that ends up with the Packers having both Eifert and Taylor is a win for me, add in Patton and I love it.

Am I the only one who think Taylor would be a perfect fit in GB?

I Am Rodgers wrote:
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
spilltray wrote:

Am I the only one who think Taylor would be a perfect fit in GB?

What? tons of people on this board love Taylor. I like the guy, but he is way overrated here. 3rd/4th round. He does everything well, and he's a slashing runner like Pierce/Starks, but he doesn't have any extra speed/burst. I just don't think he can create anything if there is no hole the way other RBs could.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
pollino14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

See, I don't think our defense is as big of a deal as people think. We were the #11 ranked defense last year; and that was with Erik Walden, Brad Jones and MD Jennings starting. Imagine how much better our defense will be with Nick Perry, Desmond Bishop, Jerrell Worthy and Jerron McMillian returning from injury and/or starting.

I have said this over and over again, the biggest leap a player makes is between year one and two. Imagine how much better our team will be when Perry, Worthy, Hayward, Daniels and McMillian make "the 2nd year leap."

We should be better, I agree. But I still think there are areas for improvement.

DL is an obvious one to me, and there will be talent at 26. Pickett is up there, Worthy off of injury, Mike Neal injury prone. We're real thin there, and should also try to keep Raji as fresh as possible. Big time need imo.

I think getting a guy to replace Hawk eventually at ILB is a good way to go.

and looking for an upgrade at S wouldn't be so bad as well.

DL is a must though.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

We should be better, I agree. But I still think there are areas for improvement.

DL is an obvious one to me, and there will be talent at 26. Pickett is up there, Worthy off of injury, Mike Neal injury prone. We're real thin there, and should also try to keep Raji as fresh as possible. Big time need imo.

I think getting a guy to replace Hawk eventually at ILB is a good way to go.

and looking for an upgrade at S wouldn't be so bad as well.

DL is a must though.

Well, I don't disagree with any of that, but what DL do you realistically think will be there at #26? SILB is a grunt position and not one that needs a high DP invested, that's why I addressed the position in Round 5. And Shawn Williams is a damn good prospect and would fit the bill.

But again, we are the #11 ranked defense, yes, we should improve, but I do not see a reason to panic, especially when you factor in our youngsters from last year who should make "the 2nd year leap."

I Am Rodgers wrote:
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the players, but I also wanna address the D a bit earlier.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I like the players, but I also wanna address the D a bit earlier.

Well, again, #11 ranked defense despite all the injuries and having our rookies last season make "the 2nd year leap" I think will propel is into the Top 5 of defenses, I am a little more worried about our O.

Further, looking at the board, the best players are on offense. If there is someone you'd prefer more, I'm all ears.

BTW, don't discount Shawn Williams, that guy would go a long ways to solidifying our D.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
*****Trade Alert: Green Bay trades their 4th Round pick (#126) to Team X for their 3rd Round pick (#95)*****

BTW, where is the rest of that trade?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:

There is none. TT is a wizard. Laughing

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
spilltray wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:

There is none. TT is a wizard. Laughing

That's what happens when you decide to do a mock at 5:45 AM because it's your turn to get up early with the babies. Laughing

I Am Rodgers wrote:
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have said this over and over again, the biggest leap a player makes is between year one and two. Imagine how much better our team will be when Perry, Worthy, Hayward, Daniels and McMillian make "the 2nd year leap."[/quote]

Or the 2nd year slump...

I don't mind this mock, even with Taylor picked pretty early, but the Davis and Patton picks cancel each other out and Patton's gotta do something about that ridiculously slow 40 time. Same thing with Shawn Williams. So with that, I'd go with Blidi Wreh-Wilson, another CB, or DJ Swearinger in that 3rd round, Davis in the 4th(6'4" 232 with a 4.45 40 is going to turn heads), and Zeke Motta or DJ Swearinger(if he's still on the board) in the 5th.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only 2 qualms.

1 Madsen is terrible.
2 http://deadspin.com/5959914/virginia-tech-receiver-marcus-davis-doesnt-feel-like-blocking-ever

Everybody els more than makes up for that though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: