Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Freds offseason UPDATED with depth chart and different picks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Freds offseason UPDATED with depth chart and different picks Reply with quote

FA
Michael Bennett DE
Jarius Byrd S

I know it will be very hard to get both Bennett and Byrd seeing as their teams would more then likely sign them, in this case Dallas makes some moves to be able to sign 2 really good players to help get us over the top.

Tag and Trade Spencer and a 2014 cond. for a 2nd and 4th round pick in 2013

1. Sheldon Richardson DT
Dallas pulls the trigger on a very good DT. We need pressure up the middle and Richardson can do that.

2. Barrett Jones OG/C
We decide to build in the trenches on the OL and get Romo some protection and push in the run game. Jones will start day 1 at center to anchor this line for years to come.

2. Eric Reid S
Seeing as though Matt Johnson was injuried all season and Church with an ACL injury, and McCray not being so good at safety we decide to grab another safety to compete for the spot opposite Byrd.

3. William Gholston DE
Again we go to the trenches and while we do have some young players on the DL we need some depth and have a good rotation.

4. Gerald Hodges OLB
We need another OLB to compete opposite Carter and Lee. Hodges is a leader, smart, hard worker and has some speed to him. Comes from the same college as Lee and has that nose for the ball just like Lee as well.

4. Brennan Williams OT
Free looked terrible this year and even though Parnell played decent Brennan is a beast and now we are starting to make our future at OL. Tyron, Jones and Brennan will make this OL look like...well... an OL

5. Nigel Malone CB
Malone is a ball hawking corner that can cause turnovers, can play the slot/nickel from day 1 and will bring competion to Scandrick for that job.

6. Stefphon Jefferson RB
Jefferson is an everydown back and can carry the load. has the same measureables as Barner but weighs more at 210 pounds. With Felix gone and Murray not being able to stay healthy yet Jefferson can have a sleeper type rise like Alfred Morris did.

QB: Romo, Orton
RB: Murray, Jefferson, Dunbar
FB: Vickers
TE: Witten, Hanna, Phillips
WR: Bryant, Austin, Harris, Beasley, Coale, Holmes
OT: Smith, Williams, Parnell
OG: Livings, Berny, Kowlaski, Arkin
OC: Jones, Costa

DE: Ware, Bennett, Gholston, Crawford, Butler
DT: Ratliff, Richardson, Hatcher, Lissemore
LB: Lee, Carter, Hodges, Wilber, Sims, Albright, Mcsurdy
CB: Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Malone, Moore
S: Byrd, Sensy, Church, Reid, Johnson

K: Bailey
P: Jones
LS: Ladouceur

I think we have a decent team, we have upgraded most of our weakness and going into next season looking to finish the OL with some OGs, DL, QB to groom.

props to Joe_is_the_best

Last edited by fredsnotdeadyet on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of Hankins and really need som kind of safety help in the drafty or FA. I like Ivory but if we can get Jefferson in the 6th I'd us that FA money else where.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would not be a good draft.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Cooper and Okafor pick. I think Melton and Hankins would be over kill.

Would've been nice if a safety had been added. Do you trust the guys we have now?
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
I like the Cooper and Okafor pick. I think Melton and Hankins would be over kill.

Would've been nice if a safety had been added. Do you trust the guys we have now?

We need a DL that can provide pressure on defenses, Hankins and Melton isnt overkill. In the 90's we had plenty of good DL to switch throughout the game to keep them fresh. Trenches is were its at.

Yes I am fine with the safeties, I like Sensy, Church, Peprah and we will see Johnson if he stays healthy. McCray is also serviceable. Can we upgrade safety yea sure but with a tough front 7 and good cover corners we can wait on the safety position.

props to Joe_is_the_best
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
That would not be a good draft.

Thank you for such deep thoughts into my draft.

props to Joe_is_the_best
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Not a huge fan of Hankins and really need som kind of safety help in the drafty or FA. I like Ivory but if we can get Jefferson in the 6th I'd us that FA money else where.

That is an idea, maybe use it in my next one. Why do you not like Hankins? Personal or you see something in his play?

props to Joe_is_the_best
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

We need a DL that can provide pressure on defenses, Hankins and Melton isnt overkill. In the 90's we had plenty of good DL to switch throughout the game to keep them fresh. Trenches is were its at.

Yes I am fine with the safeties, I like Sensy, Church, Peprah and we will see Johnson if he stays healthy. McCray is also serviceable. Can we upgrade safety yea sure but with a tough front 7 and good cover corners we can wait on the safety position.

I am a fan of you wanting to build a d line that would rival the Giants d line. The thing about Hankins is he seems to have some Haynesworth in him. Good when he feels like playing but may decide to take a game off. The talent is there the question is will he bring it every game.
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

I am a fan of you wanting to build a d line that would rival the Giants d line. The thing about Hankins is he seems to have some Haynesworth in him. Good when he feels like playing but may decide to take a game off. The talent is there the question is will he bring it every game.

Ok I had thought about going Dion Jordan DE in the first and Sylvester Williams DT in the 2nd. Eitherway we need DT, DE, OL with the first 3 picks, I know many want a safety but we have to build the trenches first and also I feel like our safeties are decent enough for now. Can't fix everything this off-season but also feel Church and Johnson will be our future at safety and we need to see what Johnson can do first.

props to Joe_is_the_best
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

Ok I had thought about going Dion Jordan DE in the first and Sylvester Williams DT in the 2nd. Eitherway we need DT, DE, OL with the first 3 picks, I know many want a safety but we have to build the trenches first and also I feel like our safeties are decent enough for now. Can't fix everything this off-season but also feel Church and Johnson will be our future at safety and we need to see what Johnson can do first.

I definitely want ol dl and vice versa in the first 2 rounds.
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:

I definitely want ol dl and vice versa in the first 2 rounds.

Yea Cooper, Sylvester Williams, Brennan Williams is all 3 players I really like. Being a Tar Heels fan has nothing to do with it haha.
How about this mock
1. Johnathan Cooper OG/C
2. Slyvester Williams DT
3. Williams Gholston DE
4. Brennan Williams OT
5. Stephon Jefferson RB
6. Josh Johnson CB

props to Joe_is_the_best
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred wrote :

Quote:
Yea Cooper, Sylvester Williams, Brennan Williams is all 3 players I really like. Being a Tar Heels fan has nothing to do with it haha.
How about this mock
1. Johnathan Cooper OG/C
2. Slyvester Williams DT
3. Williams Gholston DE
4. Brennan Williams OT
5. Stephon Jefferson RB
6. Josh Johnson CB

3. Brian Schwenke C
4. Brandon Williams DT or Bennie Logan DT
5. Spencer Ware RB or Duke Williams S
6. Jordan Mills OT

Had to help you get out of the ACC
fredsnotdeadyet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Fred wrote :

Quote:
How about this mock
1. Johnathan Cooper OG/C
2. Slyvester Williams DT
3. Williams Gholston DE
4. Brennan Williams OT
5. Stephon Jefferson RB
6. Josh Johnson CB

3. Brian Schwenke C
6. Jordan Mills OT

Only 3 of my players are from the ACC and they are all 3 from UNC.

props to Joe_is_the_best
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Fred wrote :

Quote:
How about this mock
1. Johnathan Cooper OG/C
2. Slyvester Williams DT
3. Williams Gholston DE
4. Brennan Williams OT
5. Stephon Jefferson RB
6. Josh Johnson CB

3. Brian Schwenke C
6. Jordan Mills OT

Only 3 of my players are from the ACC and they are all 3 from UNC.

Oh I know where they are from. Maybe I should have gone all sec or LSU...lol
Bailey134

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyone's thoughts on taking the honey badger and converting him 2 safety?

Made by BigBadLion20

Favorite Teams
NFL- Dallas Cowboys
NCAA- Ohio State
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Yankees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: