Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13: Cardinals War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9054
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
I know in the past, the MODS or random posters made Salary cap spread sheets, just wondering if they've been provided or if teams have to do there own research on salary, and the cap numbers.


I am making it, it is nearly done. there will be two cap spread sheets. One with the locked rosters, a second one that can be edited and adjusted so you can use it to do your calculations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being as this is just a fun deal it's not an issue but rotoworld.com's numbers are ridiculously flawed and in most cases not even their own figures. They work off of other site's information, like spotrac.com.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9054
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Being as this is just a fun deal it's not an issue but rotoworld.com's numbers are ridiculously flawed and in most cases not even their own figures. They work off of other site's information, like spotrac.com.


Yeah I'm like you, it's not a big deal imo as long as everyone fourm wide use's rotoworld numbers or some other site.


Last edited by Jrugges on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to get started!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13419
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys-

Just wondering if anyone on your defense is available?

Also, what are you guys looking for?

Thanks

-FSU
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9054
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512357

Trade block thread if people wanna see who "might" be available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5509
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512357

Trade block thread if people wanna see who "might" be available.


I like a lot of the value on the block especially at line so we could address other needs. Just to name a few

David Diehl-6
Doug Free- 3 (Need to negoitiate that though)
Dominic Raiola- Mid to late round (I'm thinking a 5)
Matt Flynn- 3
Alex Smith- Not specified
Kirk Cousins- 3 or higher
Wade Smith- Not specified
Jared Gaither- NS

I'm interest in everyone of them and we need to put together at least a small trade block just so that we could generate some buyers.

I'm thinking for ours (W/O looking at the $)

Levi Brown
Daryn Colledge
William Gay
Sam Acho
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2theOLINE


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 3510
Location: racist desert wasteland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys if you need help scouting or advice throw me in and I will help out as a scout and what not.

thank you
_________________
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.


thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9054
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should get our scouts/HC to do some research on possible QB to get. Guys like Matt Flynn/ Matt Moore/ Ryan Mallett. Then those guys against possible players like Tyler Wilson, Glennon, Smith, etc. Really see which QB gives us the best chance to win, because with the defense the Cardinals have they should remain competitive.

I really think a good/above average QB can put this team over the top, along with a few players on the O-line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26343
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the GM, AGM and/or capologist:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512150&highlight=

This thread will be used to post announcements to the general manager regarding game rules, schedule changes and procedural requests. It should be saved in your GM's post history but anyone else who wishes to follow updates should check there.

This will only be for mechanics, not signings or in-mock news
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512357

Trade block thread if people wanna see who "might" be available.


I like a lot of the value on the block especially at line so we could address other needs. Just to name a few

David Diehl-6
Doug Free- 3 (Need to negoitiate that though)
Dominic Raiola- Mid to late round (I'm thinking a 5)
Matt Flynn- 3
Alex Smith- Not specified
Kirk Cousins- 3 or higher
Wade Smith- Not specified
Jared Gaither- NS

I'm interest in everyone of them and we need to put together at least a small trade block just so that we could generate some buyers.

I'm thinking for ours (W/O looking at the $)

Levi Brown
Daryn Colledge
William Gay
Sam Acho


Adam Snyder
Beanie Wells
Early Doucet
Stewart Bradley
John Skelton
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 5509
Location: Nebraska
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/cap-hit/

Here's the Numbers they've told us to use
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jrugges


Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 9054
Location: White Lake, Mi.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/cap-hit/

Here's the Numbers they've told us to use


Little later I'm going to comb over the numbers we currently have and fix them. I already know Larry Fitzgeralds numbers are a little off so theres bound to be more. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52981
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry's numbers aren't off, that site seems to be correct.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
I think we should get our scouts/HC to do some research on possible QB to get. Guys like Matt Flynn/ Matt Moore/ Ryan Mallett. Then those guys against possible players like Tyler Wilson, Glennon, Smith, etc. Really see which QB gives us the best chance to win, because with the defense the Cardinals have they should remain competitive.

I really think a good/above average QB can put this team over the top, along with a few players on the O-line.


Call me crazy, but I feel like Kevin Kolb can be at least as servicable as all of the free agent/available QBs this off season.

You give him an offensive line and a running game and he'll be effective. Where the concern lies is with his injury plagued history.

I've got the sense that we'll go into next year with say Kolb, Hoyer and a rookie signal caller. Don't forget, Keim and Litche were really pushing for the signing of Hoyer so I think he sticks.

Throw in a second or third round QB and we're in business at least for one year.

Bottom line, to me, there isn't much difference between Kolb and say Matt Moore or Alex Smith.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group