Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13: Cardinals War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple PM to the Cardinals GM can take care of a lot of questions.

Though, your prolly right. I'm just pretty familiar with the structure of FFMD, I honestly don't care if I post anything lol, it just seem'd smoother.

Last edited by Jrugges on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges has done exactly what I've told him to do. A lot of the behind the scenes work was done by me, but I relay the message to him.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Simple PM to the Cardinals GM can take care of a lot of questions.

Though, your prolly right. I'm just pretty familiar with the structure of FFMD, I honestly don't care if I post anything lol, it just seem'd smoother. If AZP wants to post everything from here on out it's really not a problem to me.

But all that is doing is creating extra work for the FFMD staff which is already stretched. It should not be hard for AZP to post in the thread; We are going to cut Kolb, or I agree we should cut Kolb.

Activity via PM in this process is discouraged, we are supposed to be as open an honest as possible throught the entire process.

It is not about who is posting the final moves it is about showing the discussion and debate about those moves in the WarRoom.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like more of the War room being used. I got lost at one point in our trade talks with the Patriots. So I would request more usage of the War Room

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do people think Levi Browns trade value is?
shawn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero trade value. Average player with a hefty contract. He has more value to our organization than we will probably get in a trade. I say that mostly because if we get rid of him, than Massie and Potter are the only two tackles we have on the roster worthy of being in the NFL. Which will mean we have to, absolutuly have to spend an early pick on one.

right now, with Levi, Potter, and Massie we are in a position where we [u]should[/u add another quality tackle with one of our first four picks, but if we can't, we are still in decent shape. And considering our needs on the inside of the o-line, we might be better off to keep him around for another year.

and speaking of our offensive line needs, I was asked to write up a quick summary of our needs, and I appologize for not having that done yet. I am a little busy this week, but I will get it done soon. Probably on Friday morning or so.

But I think most of know what we need anyway. A quality starter on the inside, someone to challenge Lyle Sendlein at C, and some better depth at the tackle spots.

sig made by mike23md
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do people like Ryan Cook, C. out of Dallas for 1.1 million? Low round pick most likely.

I like him personally to contend for a starting position. He's started most of this season, and played for Minnesota in the past. Thoughts?

An I have to talk about OG Daryn Colledge. If we cut him he'll cost this team 1,500,000 million in cap. If he stays on the roster, he'll cost us 7,275,000 million on the cap. I'm wondering if he's worth it to you guys to keep on the team at that price, or to cut him since he's in his mid thirtys and try to sign a more promising younger OG?

Something to ponder on.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Do people like Ryan Cook, C. out of Dallas for 1.1 million? Low round pick most likely.

I like him personally to contend for a starting position. He's started most of this season, and played for Minnesota in the past. Thoughts?

An I have to talk about OG Daryn Colledge. If we cut him he'll cost this team 1,500,000 million in cap. If he stays on the roster, he'll cost us 7,275,000 million on the cap. I'm wondering if he's worth it to you guys to keep on the team at that price, or to cut him since he's in his mid thirtys and try to sign a more promising younger OG?

Something to ponder on.

As far as I'm concerned, all three interior positions should be up for grabs, but I'd rather fill them through the draft rather than free agency.

However, if we can find a young center or guard with upside, then that's something that should be discussed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Cook is 29, 6'6, 325lbs. Last year played C most of the season. An in years past I think he's played some guard.

Adding Cook wouldn't change draft plans about trying to draft a stud guard/LT. Idk, If they'd take our 7th rdp. I'd do the deal. I don't see how Cook couldn't help us out more than a 7th rdp. I PM'd AZP on what his thoughts on Cook are.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Something to ponder on.

As far as I'm concerned, all three interior positions should be up for grabs, but I'd rather fill them through the draft rather than free agency.

However, if we can find a young center or guard with upside, then that's something that should be discussed.

Yeah you have to prorate that signing bonus hit over the (I think 4) years left on his contract. We are not "saving" near as much as you think he is and it puts this team into a hole at guard. Unless we had committed to a full and complete rebuild year then cutting Colledge should not be an option.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Something to ponder on.

Yeah you have to prorate that signing bonus hit over the (I think 4) years left on his contract. We are not "saving" near as much as you think he is and it puts this team into a hole at guard. Unless we had committed to a full and complete rebuild year then cutting Colledge should not be an option.

Since I have a free minute at work this morning, to elaborate on Daryn Colledge..

His cap hit for 2013 is $7,275,0000 and if released his cap hit for 2013 is at a minimum, $6,275,000. His contract is funky and I'm not used to doing calculations for them yet but basically, he has the signing bonus spread from 2013-2015 at $1.5M and the $1M roster bonus this year. Also, he has misc bonus that he was given and it has been spread out from 2013 to 2015 that might also have to be included.

Basically, $1,975,000 minus the workout bonus ($200,000) if he was cut, plus the spread of signing bonus accelerated into 2013 would be $6,275,000 for a cap hit this year.

And if the misc. bonus is not accelerated, then we're looking at a small amount of dead money from now through 2015 each year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote to keep College. I know many will disagree with me but I think he's ok not worth the money he's making. I think we should restructure his contract.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Something to ponder on.

They keep forgetting to pro-rate there signing bonus when they add new contracts on to the google DOC and it mess's me up, but still with the excellerations, he'd count 4.5 million - 7.275 million.

Quote:
Also, he has misc bonus that he was given and it has been spread out from 2013 to 2015 that might also have to be included.

We aren't responsible for those numbers in this game if he's cut/traded.

Again, it's an option on the table, to think about. I don't really know what our game plan is in free agency. But some of the money could help out, maybe not though. Maybe we shouldn't think about cutting him though untill a clear cut replacement has been had via draft/signing? Is he not this teams best interior player?

Last edited by Jrugges on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I vote to keep College. I know many will disagree with me but I think he's ok not worth the money he's making. I think we should restructure his contract.

I doubt it helps much in the terms of "future" to restructure him. If he fails or has another medicour season this year it's way less costly to cut him next season vs this season, and if you restructure he's likely going to cost even more than the 7,275,000 million he makes now long-term.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Something to ponder on.

Since I have a free minute at work this morning, to elaborate on Daryn Colledge..

His cap hit for 2013 is $7,275,0000 and if released his cap hit for 2013 is at a minimum, $6,275,000. His contract is funky and I'm not used to doing calculations for them yet but basically, he has the signing bonus spread from 2013-2015 at $1.5M and the $1M roster bonus this year. Also, he has misc bonus that he was given and it has been spread out from 2013 to 2015 that might also have to be included.

Basically, $1,975,000 minus the workout bonus ($200,000) if he was cut, plus the spread of signing bonus accelerated into 2013 would be $6,275,000 for a cap hit this year.

And if the misc. bonus is not accelerated, then we're looking at a small amount of dead money from now through 2015 each year.

Just noticed, if he's cut before the roster bonus is due, then his cap number is actually $5,275,000 for 2013.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 11 of 22

Jump to: