Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13: Cardinals War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright no problems, looks like our next coarse of action is to cut Kolb? An look to resign one of our own? Greg Toler comes to mind instantly.

Thoughts?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to fill in the blanks with players and stuff, more roster moves coming hot and heavy.

The Arizona Cardinals Tags and Tenders extensions

RFA
Quote:
Rich Ohrnberger - First right of Refusal/Or leave him

EFRA
Quote:
William Powell, Ronald Talley keep, let Javarris James and Alphonso Smith go

Franchise Tag
Quote:
Nobody

Extension
Quote:
Any extension is likely to hurt the cap situation we are in NOW, Kerry Rhodes would be the biggest contendor for this

Re-Signing
Quote:
Toler/Johnson/LSH One of the three

We also need to cut - Early Doucet, Beanie Wells, Kory Sperry.

We should look into trading Darnell Dockett too.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too into cutting Wells/Doucet. They're on last year deals kinda cheap anyways and provide some depth and have some talents if anything I'll look to trade them away... Sperry is a prime to get cut with Kolb, imo. Possible one of our 5 guards should be cut also.

I like LSH, ALOT, but I think resigning Greg Toler would be wiser/cheaper outta the bunch. Just my thoughts. We only get to choose one.

I think the offers should be sent for Tally/Powell also.

Also, what would a Rhodes extension look like?(1yr) and how much money does it save if any?

Trading Dockett can likely get a nice haul. He's a solid player on defense and just about everyone in the league knows it(*i think.) We'll at least start listening to offers and let our GM see.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Beanie off this team. New blood at RB needed to pair with Ryan Williams and William Powell.

Doucet, if it saves money, should also be cut.

I'd take a 3rd or high for Darnell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to bring LSH back if it is possible. A talented scat-back can be a huge asset to an offense.

sig made by mike23md
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
I'm not too into cutting Wells/Doucet. They're on last year deals kinda cheap anyways and provide some depth and have some talents if anything I'll look to trade them away... Sperry is a prime to get cut with Kolb, imo. Possible one of our 5 guards should be cut also.

Why are you not in favor of cutting Doucet. He is useless and we are paying him $2M to be here and do nothing. Not cutting Doucet would be a terrible move. Wells is in the same boat. The two of them will save us $4M vs the cap in 2013.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
I would like to bring LSH back if it is possible. A talented scat-back can be a huge asset to an offense.

At the expense on losing Greg Toler or Rashad Johnson I don't think it is worth it. Try and bring him back via the Shark Tank if we have to.

JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:

Not a fan of paying third RBs free agent money when we have so many other needs.

Agree with Khodder 100% on bringing back Toler than Rashad.

I think people are underestimating how good William Powell COULD be with a servicable offensive line.

Rumor from many national writers was that he was the best back we had last summer...period.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there is no market for him we will be able to get him back cheap though, correct?

like I said, bringing back Toler is more important, but if it is possible i would like to keep LSH here in the desert.

sig made by mike23md
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
if there is no market for him we will be able to get him back cheap though, correct?

like I said, bringing back Toler is more important, but if it is possible i would like to keep LSH here in the desert.

Cheap is a 5th or 6th round runner with no NFL carries on his body.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you wouldn't attempt to bring LSH back at all in the shark tank?

I'm thinking we'll offer to resign Greg Toler. He seems to be the top or near top on everyone list to keep. Someone throw some numbers at me contract wise. I'm thinking 3 years 12 million with about half garuanteed, thoughts?

We're going to Cut Kevin Kolb, I'm not so pumped to cut Doucet/Wells at the moment without knowing who there replacements are. I know Doucet is like, 4th or 5th int he depth charts right now but he's had solid season before and could be valued to other teams as a 7th round pick or player exchange. We can cut them when there replacements arrive, or when we need the money accordingly.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think LSH is a HUGE asset to this team but Powell could still fill that. Beanie should definetely be released his tenured here is overdue. 3 years 12 million for Toler I think is a little high.I would like to bring him back though. I was thinking more along the lines of a 3 year 10 Million. I would also like to keep Rashad over Doucet but I would be fine the other way around too both I like but I don't think we can keep both.

Dockett should be traded. I would like a 2nd rounder for him, early 3rd at the absolute least.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrugges you need to be careful to not overstep a mark; I think most in here beleive that releaseing Kolb is the only way to go now, but to havethe AGM go ahead and do it without even so much as a single post in the thread from the GM AZP on the matter is jumping the gun.

Jrugges

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
jrugges you need to be careful to not overstep a mark; I think most in here beleive that releaseing Kolb is the only way to go now, but to havethe AGM go ahead and do it without even so much as a single post in the thread from the GM AZP on the matter is jumping the gun.

AZPSquared wrote:
Resign Toler, LSH, and Johnson. Cut Kolb. Extend Rhodes.

I'm not, and everyone in this forum thought it was a pretty nice idea outside of two, I drug my feet till realizing it was better off "for the future".

I'm not going Rogue, everything I do is relayed to the GM and staff members, just not always in the war-room. I realize I'm the guy coordinating most of the moves in FFMD, but thats all. AZP has pretty much full controll and I've been doing basically what he wants. If he personally is upset that I'm the one coordinating the moves then I'll stop completely and let him post the post's.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
khodder wrote:

AZPSquared wrote:
Resign Toler, LSH, and Johnson. Cut Kolb. Extend Rhodes.

I'm not, and everyone in this forum thought it was a pretty nice idea outside of two, I drug my feet till realizing it was better off "for the future".

Just saying that the people running FFMD are not going to look favorably on the AGM posting all the moves, especially when there is no post in the WarRoom from the GM having agreed to that move.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 10 of 22

Jump to: