Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
I move to fire ServantofYHWH. Been here forever, terrible ST play, no excuses!

*lights torch, waves pitchfork menacingly*


Surprised But I was going to advocate signing Tebow and use him to return kicks.

Also we should carry 4 kickers (kickoff kicker, long distance fg kicker, short distancekicker, onside kickrr)

Maybe a back up kicker too incase we have a couple injuries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9317
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
kenney wrote:
I move to fire ServantofYHWH. Been here forever, terrible ST play, no excuses!

*lights torch, waves pitchfork menacingly*


Surprised But I was going to advocate signing Tebow and use him to return kicks.

Also we should carry 4 kickers (kickoff kicker, long distance fg kicker, short distancekicker, onside kickrr)

Maybe a back up kicker too incase we have a couple injuries


just when i thought that perhaps we had made a mistake, you go and say something like this......and totally redeem yourself
_________________


2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
12 catches 167 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
kenney wrote:
I move to fire ServantofYHWH. Been here forever, terrible ST play, no excuses!

*lights torch, waves pitchfork menacingly*


Surprised But I was going to advocate signing Tebow and use him to return kicks.

Also we should carry 4 kickers (kickoff kicker, long distance fg kicker, short distancekicker, onside kickrr)

Maybe a back up kicker too incase we have a couple injuries


just when i thought that perhaps we had made a mistake, you go and say something like this......and totally redeem yourself


You truly are the Mcnair to my Kubes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
dsorc


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 2280
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
Update and something to think about. We can re-sign just 1 of our free agents. However, if we are rejected in our bid we can try again until we get one re-signed. We can re-structure 2 contracts and extend only 1. We should probably talk and decide about our options for each category. Here are my thoughts.

Re-sign (priority order)
1. Quin
2. Barwin (Thinking about the recent rumor of moving Reed inside)
3. Casey

Restructuring targets (Potential money that can be saved)
Joseph (4.44)
AJ (3.56) but we have already re-structured him twice on this contract
Schaub (4.27) but his contract is already guaranteed this year. Hard sell
Manning (2)

I think Antonio Smith is a likely target for extension as a way to lower his cap number.

Bringing this post back up. Feb 4th is the start of RFA, Franchise Tag and the re-structuring period. The official roster and cap was put up tonight and I have updated the spreadsheet to match. I want to thank jch1911for pointing out that AJ got an increase in salary for next year. Though the official sheet has us at 11.4mill in capspace, with AJ's escalator and the addition of Stephen McGee we are at about 7.5 mill in capspace.

To add to the above numbers, here's a list of potential cuts and the capspace such a move would generate:
Walter - 3.5 mill
Daniels - 3.25 mill
W. Smith - 3 mill
A. Smith - 6 mill

EDIT: Forgot about cap rollover which gives us 2.4 mill. Also they corrected Walter to not have any extra bonus this year. It doesn't affect how much money we get by cutting him but does give us an extra 1 mill in capspace. Final corrected tally is 10.8 mill but if we discount our current draft picks it becomes 7.9 mill.
_________________


Last edited by dsorc on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3682
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ALL the GMs and AGMs should protest the non-inclusion of compensatory picks.

It will SEVERELY impact teams like us and Baltimore who were looking @ 3 or 4 compensatory picks or a pick at the end of the 3rd round.

This website has a fairly accurate projection of compensatory picks: http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/27/2013-nfl-compensatory-pick-projections/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9317
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's put cutting Walter to a vote right now

He isn't performing and he costs too much money I vote cut him
_________________


2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
12 catches 167 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3682
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
here's a list of potential cuts and the capspace such a move would generate:
Walter - 3.5 mill
Daniels - 3.25 mill
W. Smith - 3 mill
A. Smith - 6 mill


Working on a potential deal to move Walter, Daniels, Smith.... I haven't heard back from the other team, but they would be crazy not to at least consider it. If / when I hear back, I will share (PM if you want parameters).

We would lose 3 starters, but gain some important cap room
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Let's put cutting Walter to a vote right now

He isn't performing and he costs too much money I vote cut him


Cut him like a thanksgiving ham.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Underwood


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 2295
Location: Texans Nation
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should see what Jch comes up with on the trade front first.
_________________

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30002
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we should cut Walter also. We could find a cheaper option that will give us the same production Walter gave us and even more. He should be on the trade block also, but I doubt we will get any good offers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4682
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut that man!
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4682
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
I think ALL the GMs and AGMs should protest the non-inclusion of compensatory picks.

It will SEVERELY impact teams like us and Baltimore who were looking @ 3 or 4 compensatory picks or a pick at the end of the 3rd round.

This website has a fairly accurate projection of compensatory picks: http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/27/2013-nfl-compensatory-pick-projections/


Stupid, it's apart of the real offseason.....
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14081
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im ok with cutting or trading all those EXCE2PT Antonio Smith....don't do it
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4682
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Im ok with cutting or trading all those EXCE2PT Antonio Smith....don't do it


Ya, I'd extend him where we lower this cap hit this year if possible.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 9317
Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
dsorc wrote:
Update and something to think about. We can re-sign just 1 of our free agents. However, if we are rejected in our bid we can try again until we get one re-signed. We can re-structure 2 contracts and extend only 1. We should probably talk and decide about our options for each category. Here are my thoughts.

Re-sign (priority order)
1. Quin
2. Barwin (Thinking about the recent rumor of moving Reed inside)
3. Casey

Restructuring targets (Potential money that can be saved)
Joseph (4.44)
AJ (3.56) but we have already re-structured him twice on this contract
Schaub (4.27) but his contract is already guaranteed this year. Hard sell
Manning (2)

I think Antonio Smith is a likely target for extension as a way to lower his cap number.

Bringing this post back up. Feb 4th is the start of RFA, Franchise Tag and the re-structuring period. The official roster and cap was put up tonight and I have updated the spreadsheet to match. I want to thank jch1911for pointing out that AJ got an increase in salary for next year. Though the official sheet has us at 11.4mill in capspace, with AJ's escalator and the addition of Stephen McGee we are at about 7.5 mill in capspace.

To add to the above numbers, here's a list of potential cuts and the capspace such a move would generate:
Walter - 3.5 mill
Daniels - 3.25 mill
W. Smith - 3 mill
A. Smith - 6 mill

EDIT: Forgot about cap rollover which gives us 2.4 mill. Also they corrected Walter to not have any extra bonus this year. It doesn't affect how much money we get by cutting him but does give us an extra 1 mill in capspace. Final corrected tally is 10.8 mill but if we discount our current draft picks it becomes 7.9 mill.


whats the savings to extend Antonio?

im not in favor of cutting a pro bowl guard over 3 million dollars
_________________


2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
12 catches 167 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 7 of 40

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group