Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write up on Earl Wolff (for you PD if you want to use it)

Houston Texans select S Earl Wolff, NC State

The Texans welcome Wolff to prowl in their secondary: S Earl Wolff, N.C. State Wolfpack

Quote:
Solidly built defender able to make plays against the run and pass. Physical tackler coming downhill to attack ballcarriers, not afraid to bring intensity to the stop. Diagnoses and attacks. Breaks down quickly and wraps up the legs of receivers effectively to bring them down quickly after the catch. Uses relentless hustle to reach plays, even if on the opposite sideline. Flashes quickness to move from two-deep to a single-high look after the snap, as well as pick up vertical routes and stay with receivers in deep coverage. Displays sound footwork and technique in coverage. Aware zone defender who watches the quarterback and keeps an eye out for targets in his area. Has physical nature and athleticism to contribute on special teams immediately.

Quote:
STRENGTHS: Possesses lean, muscular frame with long arms. Displays good play recognition, and nice initial straight-ahead burst. Takes sound angles to the outside against the run, and really uses his length well to close space and make the tackle. Wraps up nicely, and routinely approaches his target low. Exhibits a fluid backpedal and flips the hips with good timing in transition.
Displays good awareness in zone coverage and does a good job of reading and reacting to the quarterback's eyes. Gets up to speed quickly when asked to plant and drive forward from a backpedal. Looks natural and instinctive when he's playing up in the box, and defending the run. Positions himself well for gap coverage as a run defender, and exhibits patience to allow the play to develop when closing from deep.
COMPARES TO: Deon Grant, Safety, Retired - a guy with instincts, toughness and athleticism... [Grant] made an 11-year career for himself as a strong run defender that didn't make a lot of mistakes in coverage. Wolff has a chance to be a similar player, and should upgrade a special teams unit immediately with his downhill, physical style.

Wolff will be brought into help with the Texans' nickel and dime packages as well as special teams units.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we had been talking about Ej Manuel or Earl Wolff, we decided to go with Manuel in round 3 and Wolff was still on the board in round 4, so i picked him

very solid pick up for us, he has speed and is an athletic freak, and should be an upgrade over Keo as the 3rd safety

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
Underwood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty happy with how this FFMD is going for us. Nice job so far, folks.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
FYI

simonwayne wrote:
Kansas City is possibly looking to trade our 5th round pick (1st in the round) for a future pick. PM me some offers if you are interested.

i PMed about it but havent heard anything back from them yet

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
jch1911

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
FYI

simonwayne wrote:
Kansas City is possibly looking to trade our 5th round pick (1st in the round) for a future pick. PM me some offers if you are interested.

i PMed about it but havent heard anything back from them yet

I think they traded it for a 2014 3rd (along with their 6th and a 2014 pick)
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick PD! Woffe adds depth to our safety core and he can help out on special teams.

Biggio7's guy JJ Wilcox went 1 pick afterwards. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this offseason happened I would cry. Great job!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure anyone can look at our current roster and say we arent a legit title contender

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
im not sure anyone can look at our current roster and say we arent a legit title contender

Yep. Easily. One of the posters gave us an A grade for our offseason grade. He said Armstead is a keeper and Manuel was a steal in round 3.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins are interested in a trade up to pick 155(Value 29.4).

We are willing to offer pick 203(Value 10.2) and OT Jeff Adams.

This values Adams as a 6th round pick.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
The Dolphins are interested in a trade up to pick 155(Value 29.4).

We are willing to offer pick 203(Value 10.2) and OT Jeff Adams.

This values Adams as a 6th round pick.

we can consider it, but i dont think we want to trade back in the draft, and we are 4 deep at tackle right now

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We pick tomorrow morning i believe, and so we need to decide tonight what direction we are going to go in. I have tried to PM everyone who has been chipping in for the draft about the direction i think we need to go, most of you seem to agree with me, jch1911 had a different idea, feel free to PM him for the details on that. Let me know what you guys think tonight. i wont have much time to discuss things in the morning

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Houston Texans select P Ryan Allen out of La Tech

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
6 catches 93 yards
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write-up (use if you want PD... I really like the last line! Laughing )

Houston Texans select P Ryan Allen, Louisiana Tech

So nice, he won it twice!

Quote:
In 2010, Allen played in 12 games, averaging 40.8 yards on 60 punts. He had 21 punts go inside the 20-yard line. Four of his punts went over 50 yards, including a season-long punt of 66 yards.
In 2011, Allen punted 83 times and set a school record with a 46.3 yard average per punt. He ranked first in the nation with 39 punts inside the 20 yard line, and he had a season-long punt of 72 yards against Mississippi State. Allen was named to the All-WAC first team and won the Ray Guy Award as the best college football punter.
Allen averaged 48.0 yards on 45 punts as a senior in 2012. He had 21 punts that were longer than 50 yards and 20 punts that were downed inside the 20 yard line. Allen had a career-long 85-yard punt against New Mexico State. He led the NCAA in punting yards per punt, was a consensus All-American, and won the Ray Guy Award for the second time.

Quote:
Left-footed kicker, gives returners fits with the spin. Adequate size for the position. Solid three-step delivery with a get-off in the 1.25-1.35 second range. Very good hang time and nice touch within the 10 yard line, gets 5.0 seconds on shorter punts to force fair catches or have it land with a soft bounce to help coverage units.

Said Texans’ GM Pastor Dillon:
Quote:
“Ryan fills one of the few remaining holes from our pretty successful off-season. He is one of only two people that have ever won the Ray Guy award twice (as well as the only consecutive winner in history) as the nation’s best college punter. We now have a weapon in Ryan that can put the other team in a situation that our defense can capitalize upon. Ryan’s directional punting ability is outstanding for such a young player and he should continue to grow with our team for the next few years. Moreover, because of his leg strength, we think he has the ability to limit the other team’s return capabilities on kickoffs as well. Welcome to Houston, Ryan!”

One other thing: Ryan beat Bryan Anger as the best punter in college in 2011. Wink Laughing
Underwood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent write-up, Jch. Applause

Sig by Eaglezphan21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 37 of 40

Jump to: