Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titania's Extraordinary Room of War FFMD '13 - STUFF!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Personally, I think Velasco is best at center and that's pretty much the only place Raiola can plan. Wouldn't mind seeing us add another lineman, but I'd prefer it to be a guard. Though that's just one man's opinion.

I agree with you man, but one of our most glaring weaknesses last season was the interior offensive line. The only thing we have done is resigning every player on the line from last season that was a free agent. So are we banking on the idea that we can solidify the entire offensive line in the draft? Because there arent many options still in free agency, Raiola is a very experienced center that could give us stability and honestly I like our line with velasco and raiola better than velasco and lutui. Just my 2 cents.

Props to Kempes ^
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you're saying but, at this point in his career, I'm just not sure Raiola is anything resembling an answer. When the offensive line finally started to gel last season, CJ got rolling and the pass blocking was superb. It was when the line started falling apart, and we moved Velasco to guard, that the play took a sharp decline.

I'll freely admit I'm Velasco's biggest supporter, but the guy looked like he could/should be our center for the foreseeable future. Swapping him out with another center, who is getting up there in age, and asking our young QB to develop chemistry with yet another center is just a problem.

With that said, there's no way around it, missing out on Levitre and then having every other free agent interior lineman of consequence resigning prior to FA hurt quite a bit. We all know that we are going to spend one of our first two picks on an interior lineman. Not trying to give anything away, but it's a move we almost certainly have to make (especially after adding some depth on the defense).

Who knows? Wouldn't mind looking at anybody that can play guard and center in FA right now though.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, and the most important part that I meant to include in the above post, after suffering through a couple of years with Eugene Amano at center, I've learned that quality center play is possibly the most important part of an offensive line. When it looks like we finally have a young (ish) player capable of doing a solid job at center, I don't want to risk moving him around too much and potentially making him damaged goods (as was clearly the case with Leroy Harris).
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely understand where you are coming from and I too have very high hopes for Velasco and if he is best suited to stay there then that is where he should play. My concern is that we have not improved that area at all and now there aren't any options to help upgrade the position until the draft. I just saw that the Lions released Raiola and thought maybe a guy like him would improve the line.

It is up to you guys I love all the moves that we have made so far, our defense is much better than last season. I know this draft has depth, but are we willing to draft at least 2 offensive lineman? I would not be against it. It is just something to think about.

Props to Kempes ^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked through the free agent list and it seems pretty thin....the only name that peaked my interest was Chilo Rachal, I know that he was a higher pick and had potential. I do not know if it would be worth it, but he may be worth a shot as depth or maybe Matthews and Munchak can make him a star.

Props to Kempes ^
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was an incredibly thin FA OL class to begin with, and a few days in, there's pretty much nothing left. Part of me wouldn't have a problem signing Leroy Harris to a min. deal simply because he can plan anywhere on the line if it came down to it (and he actually looked competent during the middle stretch of the season when the line was gelling).

Personally, I'd be fine using an earlier round pick and a later round pick on a lineman. We clearly need depth and I like how our defense is shaping up. We can afford to try our hardest to fix what is, at this point, our clear biggest need.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I would inquire about would be John Moffitt from Seattle. Guy isn't going to be an elite starter, but he'd be quality depth that could start if need be (i.e. Hutch doesn't stay healthy or we don't feel comfortable starting a rookie). Probably wouldn't give up much more than fifth round value for him, but if he could be had for that, it'd be worth looking into.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
One guy I would inquire about would be John Moffitt from Seattle. Guy isn't going to be an elite starter, but he'd be quality depth that could start if need be (i.e. Hutch doesn't stay healthy or we don't feel comfortable starting a rookie). Probably wouldn't give up much more than fifth round value for him, but if he could be had for that, it'd be worth looking into.

I do like Moffitt but im pretty sure they turned down a deal that was moffitt and a 7th for a 5th which is what i would be more interested in...also im pretty sure moffitt has injury problems too

I think with the depth of this draft id rather keep our 5th since it couldstill net us a good player

Props to Kempes ^
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I do like Moffitt but im pretty sure they turned down a deal that was moffitt and a 7th for a 5th which is what i would be more interested in...also im pretty sure moffitt has injury problems too

I think with the depth of this draft id rather keep our 5th since it couldstill net us a good player
Yeah, I guess it depends on how the draft works out. If we're heading into the fifth round and haven't added a guard we're comfortable with, I'd rather take a shot on Moffitt, who has had some injury issues but has at least started in the NFL and looked capable, than a late-round rookie.

Either way, it's more of a trade I would look in to once the draft starts, as Seattle, if they draft a guard in the first two rounds, would likely see their price on Moffitt drop a bit though.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather stick to the draft for O-Lineman.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
So, after the Osi and Woodson signings, we are now down to $6.4 million in cap space.

I posted this a few weeks away ago, think we should really go this route:
titans0021 wrote:
Tennessee Titans Restructuring Steve Hutchinson
Current 2013 #'s:
4,750,000 salary, 1,500,000 prorated signing bonus, 500,000 roster bonus, 6,750,000 cap hit.
Two years remaining on contract
2013 #'s post-restructure
$940,000 salary, $3,462,500 prorated signing bonus, $500,000 roster bonus, Cap hit: $4,902,500
Cap savings of $1,847,500

Would then bring us back up to right around $8.3 million in cap space. With draft picks to be signed, it would leave us free to sign another three free agents for the minimum if we want to add some depth on the OL, LB or elsewhere.

Yeah, sounds like a move we need to make. I'll post it later today.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
I'd rather stick to the draft for O-Lineman.

I can live with this, I just felt it was something that needed to be discussed since that spot was such a weakness for us last season and I know that the majority of this group is very against drafting an offensive lineman in the 1st.

Props to Kempes ^
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like that potential deal I sent to both my AGMs is hinged on draft day, and whether or not a certain player is available.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Looks like that potential deal I sent to both my AGMs is hinged on draft day, and whether or not a certain player is available.
Makes sense, though, after our FA, if F1 is there I'm not sure we should make that trade. At least I'd have to give it some thought first.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If H4 is available, I'd go with him. If not I'd trade down.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 31 of 72

Jump to: