Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titania's Extraordinary Room of War FFMD '13 - STUFF!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE_TITAN wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
THE_TITAN wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
THE_TITAN wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
THE_TITAN wrote:
Sounds like a good plan, I would kind of like us to go for Montori Hughes too. He seems like a real nice run stuffing DT.

I thought we needed a DT with pass rush ability?

We already have that imo. Seymour, Casey, Martin, Klug can all rush the passer.

We have had trouble stopping the run over the last two seasons.

I just think we have a lot at DT, I think we could target Jordan Hill in UDFA.

Fair enough, I think a tight end would be suitable for our last pick then.

I still think Mauti and then a safety....we can grab a TE and DT and our 2nd Texas A&M receiver in UDFA

Do we only have two picks?

Mauti and then one of Hyde/Lester/Cooper Taylor would be nice.

Yea only 2, the Chiefs 6th and our original 7th. So unless the Jags like Mauti we will get him since the Chiefs pick was the 2nd in the round.

Props to Kempes ^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the bidding is off, the Ravens just bid their 6th on Hughes so to get him we would need to use our 6th and I really want us to get Mauti. Plus titans0021 said I could choose the next player since we took Ball and Porter Wink

Props to Kempes ^
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for Mauti as well.
THE_TITAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK make the pick Iceman, i'm all for Mauti too.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE_TITAN wrote:

Im going to just wait a little bit, it is a bidding process if your not familiar with how rounds 6 and 7 work in FFMD. All players left in the draft are put into a pool and much like Free Agency you bid on players with picks. The highest pick after 12 hours wins the player. So I am in no rush right now to put up our bids. So we can keep discussing who we want in the 7th.

Props to Kempes ^
THE_TITAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
THE_TITAN wrote:

Im going to just wait a little bit, it is a bidding process if your not familiar with how rounds 6 and 7 work in FFMD. All players left in the draft are put into a pool and much like Free Agency you bid on players with picks. The highest pick after 12 hours wins the player. So I am in no rush right now to put up our bids. So we can keep discussing who we want in the 7th.

Oh ok, cool, I am new to all this bidding.

I definitely think Mauti should be the first bid.

I would also go for Cooper Taylor with our second. He is really intriguing to me and would be the type of gamble pick I would like to take with our 7th rounder.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE_TITAN wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
THE_TITAN wrote:

Oh ok, cool, I am new to all this bidding.

I definitely think Mauti should be the first bid.

I would also go for Cooper Taylor with our second. He is really intriguing to me and would be the type of gamble pick I would like to take with our 7th rounder.

I have Hyde ranked higher, but I do not know much about Taylor. He is huge but extremely raw. How successful can a guy that is 6'5" be at safety in the NFL? Im really not sure.

Props to Kempes ^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so that Jaguars took Mike Gillislee with their first pick in the 6th. So now we can take whoever we want with the chiefs 6th. It seems like the majority is in favor of MLB from Penn State Michael Mauti. I will wait a little while longer to get opinions from the rest of the staff.

Props to Kempes ^
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cooper Taylor.
He has surprisingly good hips for a 6'5 guy, and he started as a frosh for Georgia Tech, before transferring to Richmond. Seems to be a high reward low risk for a 7th rounder.

What about a guy like Ryan Otten TE with our last pick? We could hope that we could get him as a UDFA. I just heard you guys mention a TE and I find him intriguing.

Before we are making a bid on Mauti, what are you guys opinion on Steve Beauharnais from Rutgers? Unless he is misspelled, he hasn't been picked yet, and to me, he is one of the very best cover LB's in this years class. He might not have the presence that Mauti has, but he hasn't been seriously injuried in his career. I would personally prefer him over Mauti. Mauti's injury history scares me a bit.
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloeddyr wrote:
I like Cooper Taylor.
He has surprisingly good hips for a 6'5 guy, and he started as a frosh for Georgia Tech, before transferring to Richmond. Seems to be a high reward low risk for a 7th rounder.

What about a guy like Ryan Otten TE with our last pick? We could hope that we could get him as a UDFA. I just heard you guys mention a TE and I find him intriguing.

Before we are making a bid on Mauti, what are you guys opinion on Steve Beauharnais from Rutgers? Unless he is misspelled, he hasn't been picked yet, and to me, he is one of the very best cover LB's in this years class. He might not have the presence that Mauti has, but he hasn't been seriously injuried in his career. I would personally prefer him over Mauti. Mauti's injury history scares me a bit.

I agree that Mauti has injury concerns but as a 6th round pick I have no issue taking him. He has the skill to be taken around the 3rd round(where NFL.com has him rated) not to mention he hits like a freight train and he is a better leader than anyone we currently have on defense. In the situation a PSU this past year he was the main player stepping up and calling his teammates to stay and win and he played great this year. He sent handwritten letters to all of the 32 GMs in the NFL, expressing his love of the game and his desire to play. I would rather gamble on a guy who could be a star, than be safe.

Props to Kempes ^
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out some tape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QZIQW918_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaqYAnoW8Co

Look at Sean Lee from PSU horrible ACL injury and he came back strong for Dallas. One thing PSU knows how to do is groom the best linebackers in the world and it would be a mistake to not give this kid a chance.

Props to Kempes ^
Bloeddyr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've watched Mauti on multiple occasions, and he is impressive, indeed. But, IMO, the same thing could be said about Beauharnais.

But just go ahead and pick Mauti, just wanted to share my opinion.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:
Check out some tape

Look at Sean Lee from PSU horrible ACL injury and he came back strong for Dallas. One thing PSU knows how to do is groom the best linebackers in the world and it would be a mistake to not give this kid a chance.
Really struggle with Mauti. I like what I see on tape, but....seriously, three torn ACL's.

Note: And, to be fair, M S-G was your guy in the second pick of the fifth round. Laughing Laughing
Iceman88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Check out some tape

Really struggle with Mauti. I like what I see on tape, but....seriously, three torn ACL's.

Note: And, to be fair, M S-G was your guy in the second pick of the fifth round. Laughing Laughing

yea even though you fell in love with him Wink

Props to Kempes ^
THE_TITAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:
Check out some tape

Wow I didn't know he had three tron ACL's,, knowing that I wouldn't take him in the 6th round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 70 of 72

Jump to: