Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gregg Williams close to joining Titans as asst. HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
I hate the part he played in bountygate.

Having said that, his agressive style 4-3 defense would be perfect for us. While I'm not the biggest of Gregg Willliams fan the person, he is a pretty good defensive mind.

I really dont care about what role he played in bountygate i know the NFL has to act on it because of concussion law suits and actions against the NFL from retired players but im sure Gregg Williams wasnt the first guy to do this and wont be the last. Our defense needs something done to it to get better hes a start

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 3 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 1 Assist 1 Sack
justing101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Having said that, his agressive style 4-3 defense would be perfect for us. While I'm not the biggest of Gregg Willliams fan the person, he is a pretty good defensive mind.

I really dont care about what role he played in bountygate i know the NFL has to act on it because of concussion law suits and actions against the NFL from retired players but im sure Gregg Williams wasnt the first guy to do this and wont be the last. Our defense needs something done to it to get better hes a start

Murderers are not the first people who have killed someone and won't be the last, but that does not make it right lol

But I do agree. Surely this will help our defense if we let him be involved.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just here me out;

We know Bud doesn't like to hire from outside the organization right? I wonder if Bud is hiring him with plans to promote him to HC after next season? Give him a season to get back into and hope for the best?
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Just here me out;

We know Bud doesn't like to hire from outside the organization right? I wonder if Bud is hiring him with plans to promote him to HC after next season? Give him a season to get back into and hope for the best?

I do believe there is a reason he is getting the assistant head coach title...

If the defense improves bu team continues to struggle, would not be surprised.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Just here me out;

Well if that happens, we'll continue to live in mediocrity.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:
Just here me out;

Haven't you heard Gregg Williams?

You kill the head...

Gregg plans on assassinating Bud Adams.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
EddieGeorge27

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:
Just here me out;

Haven't you heard Gregg Williams?

You kill the head...

Gregg plans on assassinating Bud Adams.

I believe he is the new hero in the next Assassin's Creed game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could be the in-season replacement for either Munch or Gray if things don't go well again this year.

I think what he does best is design and call a Defense... you know, coordinate... but it seems they don't want to take those duties from Gray yet. Munch may just be adding a midseason safety valve in case things continue like they did this past year (remember that it was speculated that the reason Palmer was let go and not Gray was because Loggains was believed to be ready to take over the duties of OC while there was no one staff that could take over DC duties).

Munchack may have asked for this move to give him some flexibility, and to allow him to sacrifice another lamb, shifting blame/focus/attention from himself. But I think it could also work against him, since it gives the FO a guy who is also capable of taking over the HC duties if they decide, midseason, that Munchack is the one that needs to be sacrificed.

I know Williams can design a mean defense... I know he can adjust in game, make the right calls, and put the players in a position to make game changing plays. What we don't know is if he can be a good HC. He didn't fare too well his first time attempting it... but that doesn't mean he can't do it. Plenty of coaches have found success their second attempt after not being able to be successful the first time around. It may be the seasoning needed, maybe the experience failing with one franchise provides, whatever it may be, but there are a few examples... Belichick and Carrol being prime recent examples. Of course there are examples of guys who just can't translate being a good coordinator to being a good HC... Turner and Wade Phillips being the obvious examples of this group.

Either way, Williams will start the year as Assistant Head Coach, but he is being brought in as an expensive insurance policy in case the team has to make a hard move, giving themselves multiple options when contemplating this move.

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love bringing in Gregg. The guy is one of the best defensive minds in recent history, IMO. And his defenses play with confidence and swagger....hopefully they will still do that without having any...incentives...

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Murderers are not the first people who have killed someone and won't be the last, but that does not make it right lol

But I do agree. Surely this will help our defense if we let him be involved.

I didnt say anything about being right i just done care

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 3 Tackles

Ropati Pitoitua: 5 Tackles 1 Assist 1 Sack
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregg will be Bud's insurance policy. He can take over in season for Gray or Munch. I do not care for Williams' personality, but he was a heck of a DC. The saints in 2011 were not very good on defense. I don't know if that was teams figuring out his blitz packages, his defense was hurt or something else. I recall a rookie QB from the Titans lighting his defense up here at LP Field in 2011. Just sayin..

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Oh we gonna blitz next year!!! Twisted Evil

Love this hire man.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 5 Yds: 55 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 5/5 Long: 47 XP: 3/3
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm being real naive or just overly excited about the whole scenario but his style adds a whole new dynamic to the talent we have now. In other words, he knows how to motivate (without the money scandal) and put players in better positions to make plays. He'll make our average players look better, and turn our top players into real playmakers. Imagine our defense playing 2-3 times better than they did in the last 6 weeks of the season, and doing it against GOOD teams. That's what I see happening under Gregg Williams.
It's no secret to what he likes to do and how. Whether he's coming in as the assistant HC, DC or whatever, I seriously doubt that Bud and Munchak are making a reach like this, baggage and all, to bring him in here just to sit back and twiddle his thumbs while we continue running the same BS that we saw last season.

UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Maybe I'm being real naive or just overly excited about the whole scenario but his style adds a whole new dynamic to the talent we have now. In other words, he knows how to motivate (without the money scandal) and put players in better positions to make plays. He'll make our average players look better, and turn our top players into real playmakers. Imagine our defense playing 2-3 times better than they did in the last 6 weeks of the season, and doing it against GOOD teams. That's what I see happening under Gregg Williams.
It's no secret to what he likes to do and how. Whether he's coming in as the assistant HC, DC or whatever, I seriously doubt that Bud and Munchak are making a reach like this, baggage and all, to bring him in here just to sit back and twiddle his thumbs while we continue running the same BS that we saw last season.

Unless we upgrade our safeties Williams defense might just be worse than Grays for us. Hard to blitz when you have two guys who can't tackle the broad side of a barn.
Kendall Wright - 6 rec 46 yds 1 TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Dionysus wrote:

Unless we upgrade our safeties Williams defense might just be worse than Grays for us. Hard to blitz when you have two guys who can't tackle the broad side of a barn.

Oh dear Lord, the idea of upgrading our safeties goes without saying. Outside of bolstering our D-line, our Safeties are the next biggest concern. And you're spot on about that so-called tackling that we CAN'T do. That's why I don't understand why some people think moving Griffin into the box as a SS for run support is a good idea. Dude can't tackle a one-legged man hopping around with a sore ankle. I'd rather find a Safety in FA, and save the draft picks for other needs (DL, OG, DB, ILB, RB, WR).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: