Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gregg Williams close to joining Titans as asst. HC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
This defense needs to learn how to play with some fire and hate. Our only vocal leader last year was sat on the bench in Witherspoon. McCarthys always hurt Ayers and Brown arnt vocal enough YET. But im in favor of the signing if it eventually leads to Gray getting canned its a win win

I think you mixed up McCarthy and Spoon. McCarthy is the vocal leader who was forced to sit in the bench due to injuries. Spoon isn't much of a vocal leader.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
This defense needs to learn how to play with some fire and hate. Our only vocal leader last year was sat on the bench in Witherspoon. McCarthys always hurt Ayers and Brown arnt vocal enough YET. But im in favor of the signing if it eventually leads to Gray getting canned its a win win

I think you mixed up McCarthy and Spoon. McCarthy is the vocal leader who was forced to sit in the bench due to injuries. Spoon isn't much of a vocal leader.

Im not close to the team i dont know whats said in practice or around the media but from all the way over here in Boston it looks like the vocal leader is Spoon even in the NFLN promos last year the only Titan clip they showed going into last season was Spoon talking in the huddle before the game. Even when i met Spoon and fans where getting his autograph after the game the comment that kept getting thrown out was when you coming back because we need a leader and a guy with a voice. Now going into next season i wouldnt be surprised if Brown becomes that guy but multiple people need to find some swag and hit someone in the mouth play on the edge and get mean and put fear into someone. Remember Schaubs first few games against us as a Texan? The guy was scared because he kicked his #ss and mostly Haynesworth did that but hey it worked and knocked Schaub out a few times

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

No, Spoon has been a vocal leader. He was one often leading the "pre-game rally huddle" ala Eddie.
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

No, Spoon has been a vocal leader. He was one often leading the "pre-game rally huddle" ala Eddie.

Who's the leader on the D making the calls? I believe that was McCarthy when he was on the field.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

Who's the leader on the D making the calls? I believe that was McCarthy when he was on the field.

Thats not what im saying im saying what King Titan is saying and the guy thats vocal getting everybody fired up and things to that nature is Spoon but yes McCarthys the guy with the head set making audibles on D but where talking to different things

Sig by daboyle250

Last edited by Titans fan 617 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
I'm on board. Also a bit shocked. I assumed the Titans FO was pleased with the defense (although no one else was) but this is a step (pretty major one) to try to improve it.

I'm not sure why we need to make him an assistant head coach though if we're the only ones in negotiations with him. That's a promotion from his title when he got banned.

That's a pretty interesting point. My only guess is maybe we're trying to make sure that nobody else will be in the running to hire him. I know Fisher is his buddy and he could easily bring him in to be the Rams DC by just outbidding us, for example. But I doubt he or anyone else would be so quick to hire him as an assistant HC, so we're gonna sweeten the pot to lock him up before they do.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:
I'm on board. Also a bit shocked. I assumed the Titans FO was pleased with the defense (although no one else was) but this is a step (pretty major one) to try to improve it.

I'm not sure why we need to make him an assistant head coach though if we're the only ones in negotiations with him. That's a promotion from his title when he got banned.

That's a pretty interesting point. My only guess is maybe we're trying to make sure that nobody else will be in the running to hire him. I know Fisher is his buddy and he could easily bring him in to be the Rams DC by just outbidding us, for example. But I doubt he or anyone else would be so quick to hire him as an assistant HC, so we're gonna sweeten the pot to lock him up before they do.

He signed with them last year when he was suspended so i dont think St Louis is a possibility and the Rams just hired Rob Ryan i dont think having both would work in St Louis

Sig by daboyle250

KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:

Maybe a safe way to keep him in case we want to fire Gray and have Williams take over
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how much better this off-season would look if we pull this off and had also managed to hire Moore as OC. But this alone is still a nice boost.
VYoung10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this.
Bring that fierceness back to the defense.

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the part he played in bountygate.

Having said that, his agressive style 4-3 defense would be perfect for us. While I'm not the biggest of Gregg Willliams fan the person, he is a pretty good defensive mind.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the signing. He can transform our defense I believe. Look at the difference in the Saints with and without him.

Another thing, when you blitz as much as he likes to, the corners stand closer than 10 yards away. Drool Drool Drool

We can be like the defense that was pressing the Lions in the first half and looked shut down.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he isn't going to be DC and be the Tom Moore of last season, then it's a useless hire.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
If he isn't going to be DC and be the Tom Moore of last season, then it's a useless hire.

Good point. I like the hire if we allow him to be involved.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: