Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hypo's Senior Bowl Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Hypo's Senior Bowl Mock Reply with quote

Re-signed:
Sam Shields, EDS, Tom Crabtree
Dearly Departed:
Retire
Driver, Saturday
Signed by another team
Jones
Traded
We tag and trade Jennings in a package deal. We send Jennings, Hawk, Woodson, Williams, and Finley all to the Jets for Revis.
Because IMHO its about as likely as any other player trade.

Now to the draft!

1 Sharrif Floyd DL UFL
2 Phillip Thomas S Fresno ST
3 Tavarres King WR UGA
4 Zaviar Gooden LB Mizzou
4 (comp) Gavin Escobar TE San Jose ST
5 Graham Pocic C Illinois
6 Spencer Ware RB LSU
7 Mike Catapano DE Princeton

UDFA
Matt Weller K Ohio
Dayne Crist QB Kansas
Zach Boren FB Ohio ST

Final Roster

QB 2
Rodgers Coleman
RB 4
Harris Green Ware Starks
FB 2
Taylor Boren
TE 4
Quarless Crabtree Williams Escobar
WR 5
Nelson Jones Cobb King Boykin
T 3
Bulaga Newhouse Sherrod
G 3
Sitton Lang Barclay
C 2
EDS Pocic
NT 2
Raji Pickett
DE 5
Floyd Wilson Neal Daniels Worthy
OLB 4
Matthews Perry Moses Catapano
ILB 5
Bishop Smith Manning Lattimore Gooden
CB 5
Revis Shields Hayward House Bush
S 4
Burnett Thomas McMillian Jennings
ST 3
Crosby
Masthay
Goode

PS 8
Crist
Bostick
Ross
Gerhart
Datko
Miller
Nixon
Richardson

Last edited by HyponGrey on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyp's Senior Bowl Mock Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
We tag and trade Jennings in a package deal. We send Jennings, Hawk, Woodson, Williams, and Finley all to the Jets for Revis.

Then why bother? That is such a ridiculous deal. The Jets aren't going to take any player not on a cheap rookie contract because they can't afford it much less any combination of all of the Packers "bad" contracts.

It's so silly it kinda ruins the whole mock, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the worst mocks I've ever seen IMHO. Not only is it completely unrealistic, but it is completely stupid in that you have us trading 5 quality starters for one player coming off an acl injury. You have us taking Sylvester Williams in the first which is a big reach, and then taking Phillip thomas who I personally hate on top of another reach in Tavares King in the 3rd. If we ever had an offseason like this I would resign as a Packer fan.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:
One of the worst mocks I've ever seen IMHO. Not only is it completely unrealistic, but it is completely stupid in that you have us trading 5 quality starters for one player coming off an acl injury. You have us taking Sylvester Williams in the first which is a big reach, and then taking Phillip thomas who I personally hate on top of another reach in Tavares King in the 3rd. If we ever had an offseason like this I would resign as a Packer fan.
You missed that trade was a joke.

Whoops, meant Floyd, fixed. Would love Short or Jenkins, but don't think they'll fall now.

I'm higher on King, sue me. Trade back to the 4th, add a 6th and a better FB, or take a better 3rd round WR. Harper maybe?

Last edited by HyponGrey on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan, but appreciate the effort of every mock. Taking Williams in round 1, immediately puts a damper on this...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Not a fan, but appreciate the effort of every mock. Taking Williams in round 1, immediately puts a damper on this...
Yeah that was my bad, got confused. I appreciate the read
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's Floyd and not Williams it's better.

Like Phillip Thomas.

Not sure that King fits with what GB likes to do at WR. He seems a lot like what SD has, but feel like he's a little tall and long to be a Packer WR.

Like Gavin Escobar, think he'll be a nice weapon in the NFL as an H-back/TE combo.

Hate Dayne Crist. He's really bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like King quite a bit too. Think he's undervalued right now. His YAC ability seems to be underrated and looks like a very, very, very good route runner at this time. Might be exactly the type we look at for good value. Tons of WR depth in that range of the draft as well and King is on a short list of guys I like in GB.

Would be very happy landing him in the 3rd. Really not sure why he doesn't get as much love as other guys. Just not a 'popular' pick for some reason.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
If it's Floyd and not Williams it's better.

Like Phillip Thomas.

Not sure that King fits with what GB likes to do at WR. He seems a lot like what SD has, but feel like he's a little tall and long to be a Packer WR.

Like Gavin Escobar, think he'll be a nice weapon in the NFL as an H-back/TE combo.

Hate Dayne Crist. He's really bad.
You have a point on King in the lanky respect. Might switch it next time.

Why do you think Crist goes undrafted Laughing Not sure who to replace him with though. Doege? Florence? Carder? Probably better off looking at CFL/AFL at that point.

Last edited by HyponGrey on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:

wut^

He's 6'. He'd be the 3rd shortest WR on the team. Jordy is 6'3", Jones 6'1", Boykin 6'2", Cobb is 5'10", and Ross is 6'0".

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, it's definitely bed time. I'll check back in tomorrow sometime. Leave a message at the click...
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I like King quite a bit too. Think he's undervalued right now. His YAC ability seems to be underrated and looks like a very, very, very good route runner at this time. Might be exactly the type we look at for good value. Tons of WR depth in that range of the draft as well and King is on a short list of guys I like in GB.

Would be very happy landing him in the 3rd. Really not sure why he doesn't get as much love as other guys. Just not a 'popular' pick for some reason.

He KILLED it at the Sr Bowl from what I saw. Great route runner and seems to have plenty of deep speed. Definitely what this offense could use. Would love to pick him up in the 3rd.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

wut^

He's 6'. He'd be the 3rd shortest WR on the team. Jordy is 6'3", Jones 6'1", Boykin 6'2", Cobb is 5'10", and Ross is 6'0".

Got him mixed up with another guy. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is really THAT bad of a mock. I don't agree with the UDFA's, especially Crist. I disagree with the players to a fault but the only player I really have a problem with is Spencer Ware. Spencer Ware is at the Senior Bowl for one reason and one reason only: he went to LSU and the recruiting staff for the Senior Bowl felt he didn't really get enough carries.

Not a fan of Ware at all, give me his teammate Michael Ford any day.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I don't think this is really THAT bad of a mock. I don't agree with the UDFA's, especially Crist. I disagree with the players to a fault but the only player I really have a problem with is Spencer Ware. Spencer Ware is at the Senior Bowl for one reason and one reason only: he went to LSU and the recruiting staff for the Senior Bowl felt he didn't really get enough carries.

Not a fan of Ware at all, give me his teammate Michael Ford any day.
Duly noted. In all honesty Ford is the better overall prospect, but I feel Ware has better blocking. I actually didn't see Ware at the seniorbowl. That says plenty.

Crist was just the best of the leftover QB, all the leftovers were terrible. MM likes 4 guys in camp, and I'm pretty sure Harrell can't PS again... Can he?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: