Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013: Buffalo WAR Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What sort of sandwiches do you want for the meetings?
Tuna
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Ham and cheese
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
meat meat and more sausage
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
sandwiches? what is this, the seahawks forum or something?!
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
seriously bro, its saturday night, get a life
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
eat kitty litter
33%
 33%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 57

NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Ours was 93 Million.

Shocked

Over 5 years?

Quote:
We couldn't even put out a decent pitch with the 500 word limit.

Hey now, I met 500 words exactly. It was damn tough too.. Laughing

Quote:
It sucks. Especially for small teams like us. It was long shot to begin with just because we are Buffalo and the rules make it even that much harder on us. Not fair if you ask me.

Well maybe if you had Ryan Mallett instead of Ryan Fiztpatrick... Wink

But seriously in that way I agree. Dont like the max contract rule, the lesser teams will always lose to the established team offering similar money.

^Props to BenderRodriguez for the GOAT of FF's sigs! Very Happy
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Ours was 93 Million.

Shocked

Over 5 years?

Quote:
We couldn't even put out a decent pitch with the 500 word limit.

Hey now, I met 500 words exactly. It was damn tough too.. Laughing

Quote:
It sucks. Especially for small teams like us. It was long shot to begin with just because we are Buffalo and the rules make it even that much harder on us. Not fair if you ask me.

Well maybe if you had Ryan Mallett instead of Ryan Fiztpatrick... Wink

But seriously in that way I agree. Dont like the max contract rule, the lesser teams will always lose to the established team offering similar money.

It was 6 years atual but still a lot of money.

I'm sure it was tough for you guys to get down to 500 words but the point was that the smaller teams need the most words they can use atleast try and convince them. Bigger teams, the writing is on the wall but for a team like Buffalo we need more words to explain the situation and give us a better shot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
$5M more in signing bonus + $6M more in guaranteed salary + twice the roster bonuses (extra $5M) = I want to go somewhere else. Rolling Eyes

Im sorry and understand the frustration, but being fair, the total money is a $1 million difference. The guaranteed money is true, but thats it. The thing, if he goes to Buffalo and doesn't do much (i.e. poor QB situation, stevie jhonson and chandler etc), he may not finish the deal, let alone compete for the playoffs every year. Someone making 10m+ will always be a candidate for trade/release if they personally have a down year or two, which for Bowe the likelyhood is far, far higher in Buff than NE.

Bowe is our top wide receiver, the chances of individual statistical success in NE are about as high as they can be. Factor in winning, Boston > Buffalo, etc and 1 million just isn't enough.

IRL I dont see Bowe going to either Buff or NE, in fact Id be surprised if either pursued him. So it is just ffmd.

I don't really like this 'max contract offer' thing they're doing, though. Would have been more interesting if the 1 million difference was like, 10m. Though our initial offer was 75 million total. Laughing

Yeah I know it's just FFMD, but the way things are set up is kind of strange. Players NOT wanting too much money, 5 yr max on a contract offer, etc. I understand some of your points, but to be fair, he'd be our top target, whereas he'd realistically be your #2 at best, after Gronk. I honestly think he'd have a ton of success in Buffalo, even with our current QB situation (which won't be the same in a year or 2), with Stevie opposite him, and teams not being able to put 2 DB's on him as much.

Our initial offer was 6 years $93M, with I believe around half guaranteed. Even after we took it down to 5 years, the agent said the money was too high and we needed to lower it. For an NFL WR to say he's being offered too much money is laughable IMO.

Anyhow, it is what it is. Congrats on getting him. Great signing for you guys.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I was afraid of. The majority of this forum hates on Buffalo.

ianlewis16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:

It's absolutely ridiculous though.

Anyway in an attempt to move on, we have tier two. Someone mentioned earlier Vollmer, Sean Smith and Barwin.... Those are the only three I'd consider here. We have about six hours. Any volunteering to write a pitch? Don't think I've got the mental strength to write three more in that time, especially after what has gone down.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Anyway in an attempt to move on, we have tier two. Someone mentioned earlier Vollmer, Sean Smith and Barwin.... Those are the only three I'd consider here. We have about six hours. Any volunteering to write a pitch? Don't think I've got the mental strength to write three more in that time, especially after what has gone down.

Guys, I want to take a shot at Vollmer. We've tried conventional methods. For Vollmer, I want to try an unconventional method which will involve humor and sarcasm. But, I don't want to offend anybody either. If anybody thinks we have a better chance of getting Vollmer via a conventional pitch, please speak now.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Guys, I want to take a shot at Vollmer. We've tried conventional methods. For Vollmer, I want to try an unconventional method which will involve humor and sarcasm. But, I don't want to offend anybody either. If anybody thinks we have a better chance of getting Vollmer via a conventional pitch, please speak now.
Just an on looker ... but I know that you have to go above and beyond to get FAs to come to Buffalo when it comes to the real world and FFMD ... I say give it a shot, whats the worst that can happen. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Just an on looker ... but I know that you have to go above and beyond to get FAs to come to Buffalo when it comes to the real world and FFMD ... I say give it a shot, whats the worst that can happen. Good luck!

Exactly! At this point, nothing could offend me haha. At least not as much as an agent saying Levitre would rather play in Dallas for the same amount of money Laughing
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Also, I'd love to see the pitch once it's done!
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Exactly! At this point, nothing could offend me haha. At least not as much as an agent saying Levitre would rather play in Dallas for the same amount of money Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will write the pitch for Barwin. When is it due?

If we dont get a single player from this tier then we need to get other small team that were screwed like the Chiefs and protest.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent the rough draft of the vollmer pitch to a lot of people via PM. What do you think?
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I just sent the rough draft of the vollmer pitch to a lot of people via PM. What do you think?

I think it's great!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pitch itself is 417 words. So we are good there. My math was slightly off, however... it should be 46.

I don't see ian online. When do we need to submit these?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 57 of 100

Jump to: