Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013: Buffalo WAR Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What sort of sandwiches do you want for the meetings?
Tuna
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Ham and cheese
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
meat meat and more sausage
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
sandwiches? what is this, the seahawks forum or something?!
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
seriously bro, its saturday night, get a life
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
eat kitty litter
33%
 33%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 57

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Patriots sign WR Dwayne Bowe

CONTRACT OFER: The New England Patriots offer Wide Receiver Dwayne Bowe a 5 year contract worth 60 million, with 20 million in signing bonus. 25.3 million is guaranteed.

Year 1: $5.3m Base Salary, $4m Signing Bonus
Year 2: $6m Base Salary, $4m Signing Bonus, $5m Roster Bonus
Year 3: $6.9m Base Salary, $4m Signing Bonus
Year 4: $7.9m Base Salary, $4m Signing Bonus
Year 5: $8.9m Base Salary, $4m Signing Bonus

Base Salary: $35m
Signing Bonus: $20m
Roster Bonuses: $5m
Total Value: $60 million

ianlewis16 wrote:
new numbers for bowe

Dwayne Bowe
Wide Receiver
Contract Details: 5 years/$61M dollars. $25M Signing Bonus + $31M in Guaranteed Salary + $2M per year roster bonus ($10M total)

CONTRACT DETAILS

Year 1 - $5,000,000 guaranteed base salary, $5,000,000 prorated signing bonus, $1,000,000 roster bonus= $11,00,000 Total Cap Hit
Year 2 - $6,000,000 guaranteed salary, $5,000,000 prorated signing bonus, $1,000,000 roster bonus= $12,000,000 Total Cap Hit
Year 3 $6,000,000 guaranteed salary, $5,000,000 signing bonus, $1,000,000 roster bonus= $12,000,000 Total Cap Hit
Year 4 - $7,000,000 guaranteed salary, $5,000,000 prorated signing bonus, $1,000,000 roster bonus= $13,000,000 Total Cap Hit
Year 5 - $7,000,000 salary, $5,000,000 prorated signing bonus, $1,000,000 roster bonus= $13,000,000 Total Cap Hit

$5M more in signing bonus + $6M more in guaranteed salary + twice the roster bonuses (extra $5M) = I want to go somewhere else. Rolling Eyes
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Would you guys trade or second for Antonio Cro and NYs 3rd?.

I probably would have before the Scrabble trade. Now, it becomes a lot more muddy. The need isn't as large as it used to be. So I'd be very conservative with our draft picks, and see if we can work a trade for a bigger need first.

Although I would like to point out that FA made my point about Mallett. We'd be signing him into the FFMD world, and we all know by now that in that universe, Bills FA don't ever re-sign with their own team. So he'd definitely have been gone after 2 years. Wink

I appreciate you're still working so hard, but we should probably focus our efforts on finding a LB, WR, DE, or G right now.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Would you guys trade or second for Antonio Cro and NYs 3rd?.

I probably would have before the Scrabble trade. Now, it becomes a lot more muddy. The need isn't as large as it used to be. So I'd be very conservative with our draft picks, and see if we can work a trade for a bigger need first.

This. Since they won't award us any FA, we need to keep as many higher draft picks as possible.

I'd actually be willing to trade away some of our guys for more draft picks now.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will now be alot more involved in this. I want to be in the know. I have a week off and I am not going to let my peeps fail with this off-season. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
I will now be alot more involved in this. I want to be in the know. I have a week off and I am not going to let my peeps fail with this off-season. Wink

Sometimes it's out of our hands. If the agents decide that no one wants to play in Buffalo, or that NFL players don't like money, we can't get anyone.

Hopefully they let us draft whoever we want, but I'm sure there'll be some rule that says they can void a draft pick too.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB Steven Jackson - tylerdouglass
TE Heath Miller - Desperado82
OT Sebastian Volmer - CWood21
OT Sam Baker - CWood21
LB Connor Barwin - TheVillain112
DE Dwight Freeney - TheVillain112
CB Sean Smith - drd23
CB Dominique Rogers-Cromartie - mse326

I wouldn't mind putting ALL our cap space in these 4 guys.

And did we put a contract off in for James Harrison?
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
OT Sam Baker - CWood21
CB Sean Smith - drd23

Take Freeney out and I would be happy with the bolded. Would rather just get Avril and he should be the easiest get for us because we don't have to deal with a talent agent. Plus he is only looking for a 1 year deal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
OT Sam Baker - CWood21
CB Sean Smith - drd23

Take Freeney out and I would be happy with the bolded. Would rather just get Avril and he should be the easiest get for us because we don't have to deal with a talent agent. Plus he is only looking for a 1 year deal.

No. Avril is off limits. He's not that good for what he wants. I'm guessing you haven't seen the latest of him.

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/302499643294621696
Quote:
Avril says he'd love to get something close to what Mario Williams got paid last year.

Are you kidding Avril? You were a 3rd round pick who is just a 10 sack a year guy who is GOD AWFUL in the run game, and you think you can measure up to Super Mario?

GTFOH.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Pat Angerer still available? He is listed down as a 3rd round value but I am sure we can talk them down to a 4th. He would be better than any LBers we would find in the 4th round IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders are shopping DHB. PM me if you're interested.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chin up on Levitre guys. A lot of folks freaked out when Paul Posluszny left Buffalo in FFMD and then IRL during FA that year he signed with JAX.

Anyways, You guys have any interest in Doucet for a low round pick or a player exchange?
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
$5M more in signing bonus + $6M more in guaranteed salary + twice the roster bonuses (extra $5M) = I want to go somewhere else. Rolling Eyes

Im sorry and understand the frustration, but being fair, the total money is a $1 million difference. The guaranteed money is true, but thats it. The thing, if he goes to Buffalo and doesn't do much (i.e. poor QB situation, stevie jhonson and chandler etc), he may not finish the deal, let alone compete for the playoffs every year. Someone making 10m+ will always be a candidate for trade/release if they personally have a down year or two, which for Bowe the likelyhood is far, far higher in Buff than NE.

Bowe is our top wide receiver, the chances of individual statistical success in NE are about as high as they can be. Factor in winning, Boston > Buffalo, etc and 1 million just isn't enough.

IRL I dont see Bowe going to either Buff or NE, in fact Id be surprised if either pursued him. So it is just ffmd.

I don't really like this 'max contract offer' thing they're doing, though. Would have been more interesting if the 1 million difference was like, 10m. Though our initial offer was 75 million total. Laughing
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, the contract posted has a typo.

We guaranteed bowe 35m.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Chin up on Levitre guys. A lot of folks freaked out when Paul Posluszny left Buffalo in FFMD and then IRL during FA that year he signed with JAX.

Wait, are you trying to cheer us up or get us even more depressed? Laughing

I can't speak for everyone, but I know there is a possibility of losing Levitre. Nor am I angry at the guys running it. But I can honestly say that even taking out homerism, if I were running the talent agency in this I'd have picked Buffalo's contract offer over Dallas's, so you can bet I'm going to pick fun at them over the decision wherever I can.

On the other hand, if I were running the agency for Bowe, I probably wouldn't have given him to Buffalo either. Hard to justify a big name WR going to a team with our QB situation.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Im sorry and understand the frustration, but being fair, the total money is a $1 million difference. The guaranteed money is true, but thats it. The thing, if he goes to Buffalo and doesn't do much (i.e. poor QB situation, stevie jhonson and chandler etc), he may not finish the deal, let alone compete for the playoffs every year. Someone making 10m+ will always be a candidate for trade/release if they personally have a down year or two, which for Bowe the likelyhood is far, far higher in Buff than NE.

Bowe is our top wide receiver, the chances of individual statistical success in NE are about as high as they can be. Factor in winning, Boston > Buffalo, etc and 1 million just isn't enough.

IRL I dont see Bowe going to either Buff or NE, in fact Id be surprised if either pursued him. So it is just ffmd.

I don't really like this 'max contract offer' thing they're doing, though. Would have been more interesting if the 1 million difference was like, 10m. Though our initial offer was 75 million total. Laughing

Ours was 93 Million. The rules set us up to lose and don't give us a shot. We couldn't even put out a decent pitch with the 500 word limit. It sucks. Especially for small teams like us. It was long shot to begin with just because we are Buffalo and the rules make it even that much harder on us. Not fair if you ask me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 56 of 100

Jump to: