Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013: Buffalo WAR Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What sort of sandwiches do you want for the meetings?
Tuna
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Ham and cheese
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
meat meat and more sausage
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
sandwiches? what is this, the seahawks forum or something?!
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
seriously bro, its saturday night, get a life
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
eat kitty litter
33%
 33%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 57

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Mallett for a straight #42 is too steep for my tastes.
Same. I might not even want to give up a 3rd for him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand you guys at all... But majority rules. Pass on Mallett. Another year with Fitz it is.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
I don't understand you guys at all... But majority rules. Pass on Mallett. Another year with Fitz it is.

What's with the negativity man? We don't all have to agree with you.. Some people see Mallett as having more potential than others.

It's still early in the process.

FFMD: Bills War Room
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

What's with the negativity man? We don't all have to agree with you.. Some people see Mallett as having more potential than others.

It's still early in the process.

I just see too much content with a quarterback who PFF graded out as the 4th worst last year.
bills123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who ever said we are content? If Mallet is our only option then were screwed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bills123 wrote:

Mallett is the better option. I'm not ok with drafting or trading or signing a quarterback that doesn't have the potential to dominate games. There's no point. It won't help us become Super Bowl contenders. Mallett has that potential and has the experience of working behind Brady and Belichek that almost every back up QB would want.

It's a 2nd round pick for a 6'7" cannon armed QB who is 24 years old. He's basically a rookie with 2 years of NFL experience behind Brady and Belichek (I don't think this can be ignored or said enough). I would much rather spend a 2nd on him than any draft pick on any QB in this draft.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
bills123 wrote:

Mallett is the better option. I'm not ok with drafting or trading or signing a quarterback that doesn't have the potential to dominate games. There's no point. It won't help us become Super Bowl contenders. Mallett has that potential and has the experience of working behind Brady and Belichek that almost every back up QB would want.

It's a 2nd round pick for a 6'7" cannon armed QB who is 24 years old. He's basically a rookie with 2 years of NFL experience behind Brady and Belichek (I don't think this can be ignored or said enough). I would much rather spend a 2nd on him than any draft pick on any QB in this draft.

If we could get Tyler Wilson in the 7th, I'd be all for it. Laughing Other than that scenario, I agree with you.

I don't see us getting offered a better QB, and if we do it will be for a lot more than a 2nd round pick.

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
bills123 wrote:

If we could get Tyler Wilson in the 7th, I'd be all for it. Laughing Other than that scenario, I agree with you.

I don't see us getting offered a better QB, and if we do it will be for a lot more than a 2nd round pick.

Look at my location.

Now trust me... you don't want Tyler Wilson.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
bills123 wrote:

Look at my location.

Now trust me... you don't want Tyler Wilson.

I'd take him over Fitz.... And in the 7th...

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But since we are talking about Tyler Wilson... Mallett is only 1 year older, up to 6 inches taller, 2 more years of NFL experience, much stronger arm. Both have spotty accuracy but Mallett's deep ball is much more accurate than Wilson's. Wilson's obviously a better athlete, but Mallett is not easy to bring down. Both have good mechanics, but I trust Mallett's more at this point because of his experience. Mallett possesses all of the physical tools you need in a prototypical QB. Wilson does not. Mallett is someone who can take over games. Wilson is not. And most important, in college, Mallett was the most confident thrower in that class and Wilson let's a bad throw get to his head for the rest of the game.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep this going since some of you really have no knowledge on Ryan Mallett.

He's a very smart QB with good decision making. 10:3 TD/INT in the SEC. Reads defenses well and because of his height, he has clear vision of the entire field and avoids batted balls.

He dropped to the 3rd because of his personality. He's cocky and not sorry for the trouble he was in. There was issues with cocaine at parties and popping pills. Although those issues are behind him and he's moved on, he wasn't going to say he's sorry to any NFL brass interviewing him at the combine. That's why he dropped. He didn't show remorse. He just accepted what happened and moved on.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
bills123 wrote:

Can you please name one QB that Brady & Belicheck have tutored that justifies your expected growth in Mallett? I can't. If Cassel has benefited other than financially, I don't see it. Mallett was a 3rd round draft pick, who has virtually no experience except for playing against 2nd stringers running very vanilla preseason defenses. You are doing nothing more than purely speculating, which is fine for a true rookie coming out of the draft. However, I question whether you can convince me that Mallett has improved to the point where his value has increased one full round in the draft. He probably has matured somewhat, but one could argue that is offset by the reduced number of years left on his current contract. Also, Brady has already been in the league 12 years and still they are eagerly trying to trade Mallett away. If Brady were injured, don't you think they would want a quality backup to take the reins? I would. Why don't they have faith in Mallett to fill that role? It's not like he is overpaid for the backup role, so...

I actually would like to see Mallett added to our roster, but I certainly don't feel desperate enough to cave into the demands of another team's GM, who I believe has already made plans to utilize our #42 pick in another trade! I'm sure there are other teams interested in Mallett, but I doubt their proposed draft pick is earlier than #42, which is why he's been coming in here trying to hard sell us Mallett. I am all for a fair value trade for Mallett, but again, #42 is too pricey for my tastes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
bills123 wrote:

Can you please name one QB that Brady & Belicheck have tutored that justifies your expected growth in Mallett? I can't. If Cassel has benefited other than financially, I don't see it. Mallett was a 3rd round draft pick, who has virtually no experience except for playing against 2nd stringers running very vanilla preseason defenses. You are doing nothing more than purely speculating, which is fine for a true rookie coming out of the draft. However, I question whether you can convince me that Mallett has improved to the point where his value has increased one full round in the draft. He probably has matured somewhat, but one could argue that is offset by the reduced number of years left on his current contract. Also, Brady has already been in the league 12 years and still they are eagerly trying to trade Mallett away. If Brady were injured, don't you think they would want a quality backup to take the reins? I would. Why don't they have faith in Mallett to fill that role? It's not like he is overpaid for the backup role, so...

I actually would like to see Mallett added to our roster, but I certainly don't feel desperate enough to cave into the demands of another team's GM, who I believe has already made plans to utilize our #42 pick in another trade! I'm sure there are other teams interested in Mallett, but I doubt their proposed draft pick is earlier than #42, which is why he's been coming in here trying to hard sell us Mallett. I am all for a fair value trade for Mallett, but again, #42 is too pricey for my tastes.

I think you hit the nail on the head Yibby. I was leaning towards yes if it was for a 3rd round pick. I just don't see why he's worth a 2nd.

It's ultimately up to the GM, I'd be ok with having Mallett. The issue is fair value for what we have to give up. I don't think he's worth #42.

FFMD: Bills War Room
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. We wait and see.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was approached about POSSIBLY Mallett and another player for our 2nd. Obviously it wouldn't be one of their toip players, but would this make it a little more enticing for anyone?

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 22 of 100

Jump to: