Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013: Buffalo WAR Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What sort of sandwiches do you want for the meetings?
Tuna
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Ham and cheese
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
meat meat and more sausage
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
sandwiches? what is this, the seahawks forum or something?!
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
seriously bro, its saturday night, get a life
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
eat kitty litter
33%
 33%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 57

NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
if anyone is bored go into the patriots war room and just get really really confused

Laughing Laughing

FFMD: Bills War Room
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallet for 42, legitimate offer.

Just an FYI, dont count on this being available for very long; this statement

Quote:
no one else looks likely to be dealing for mallett anytime soon.

is false. Please put this to a vote.

If you want him, take him. But really don't expect him to be there for much longer.
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official Vote on Mallett for 42. Everyone try and get a vote in over the next few hours.

Quote:
Yes -

No -

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is a definitive no.

FFMD: Bills War Room
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote no.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Mallett, but price is a little too high for my taste.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Official Vote on Mallett for 42. Everyone try and get a vote in over the next few hours.

Quote:
Yes -

No - 3

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, do certain positions hold more weight than others? i.E. the assistant general manager and head coach both love this deal.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things to consider on Mallett:

Do we have a better option? Right now we have Fitz, and that's it. We have no guarantee that we will get a better QB, and we could very well be stuck with Fitz as our best option.

Is there a QB we could get in the 2nd round that's better? I don't think any QB in this draft is better than Mallett.

He has the big arm we need in Buffalo. He's young, he's learned under a top 3 QB for 2 years, and he's cheap.

He only has 2 years left, but FFMD is only a 1 year thing. Additionally, we could extend him, and at a low price.

Yes, ideally I'd like to get more than an unproven 3rd rounder with very little NFL experience and a lot of upside for our 2nd rounder, but we won't get offered a better QB for our 2nd round pick.

I really think that if we don't do this we will go into the season with Fitz as our starter, something a number of our staff said they weren't comfortable with.

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Out of curiosity, do certain positions hold more weight than others? i.E. the assistant general manager and head coach both love this deal.

I can't speak for everyone, but I want to run this as a true democracy, give everyone an equal vote, and let the majority rule.

It will probably work against me in this deal, but I think it's the fair way to run things.

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:

Do we have a better option? Right now we have Fitz, and that's it. We have no guarantee that we will get a better QB, and we could very well be stuck with Fitz as our best option.

Is there a QB we could get in the 2nd round that's better? I don't think any QB in this draft is better than Mallett.

He has the big arm we need in Buffalo. He's young, he's learned under a top 3 QB for 2 years, and he's cheap.

He only has 2 years left, but FFMD is only a 1 year thing. Additionally, we could extend him, and at a low price.

Yes, ideally I'd like to get more than an unproven 3rd rounder with very little NFL experience and a lot of upside for our 2nd rounder, but we won't get offered a better QB for our 2nd round pick.

I really think that if we don't do this we will go into the season with Fitz as our starter, something a number of our staff said they weren't comfortable with.

I think it is the 'unit' viewpoint vs. individual view point. I don't understand a line of reasoning which says "we're better off doing QB in FA for more $$$ and less talent, and keeping the 42nd overall pick than trading it for Mallet", myself. Not if the goal is to get the most out of your offseason opportunities, anyway.

Laughing Hell, in real life, Pats fans get more excited to see him play then when Brady plays. Preseason week 1 with all Mallet got higher ratings than week 3, which was all Brady. Laughing

He's...physically, the prototype franchise qb. 6'7, mega arm, accurate, great pocket presence.

Last edited by NextBigThing on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote yes. He's a QBOTF. And has more talent than Fitz. More upside than any QB in this class with NFL experience. If we are scared of trading a second for Mallett, than I will be against drafting any quarterback at any point in this Draft.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:

I think it is the 'unit' viewpoint vs. individual view point. I don't understand a line of reasoning which says "we're better off doing QB in FA for more $$$ and less talent, and keeping the 42nd overall pick than trading it for Mallet", myself.

Laughing Hell, in real life, Pats fans get more excited to see him play then when Brady plays. Preseason week 1 with all Mallet got higher ratings than week 3, which was all Brady. Laughing

Take a step back and let us figure this out. You pushing like you are could give people the impression that you're posting this for a reason and you'll go back to your house with our loot laughing at us with all your little Ellen Degeneres look a like buddies.

KThanks. We'll keep in touch.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Our 2nd round pick is actually #42.

Thoughts on our #42 for Mallett plus the Patriots' 3rd (#93)? That trade values Mallett at #64. Mallett was drafted at #74, so NE gains value on the selection and we get a QB, who can compete with Fitz. And let's be honest here, Mallett is certainly not a guaranteed starter over Fitz, so even though we are gambling on Mallett, this deal yields a guaranteed increase in value for NE (Remember the house always wins!).

i'm a fan of Mallett, but we have to remember we only have a minimal amount of picks to begin with, and a lot of holes to fill. admittedly the drop off of talent in the middle rounds of this draft doesn't look to be particularly significant, but still.

i say we hold fire, see what else happens around the league, no one else looks likely to be dealing for mallett anytime soon.

Please yes! I think we can wait. If things don't pan out during the draft we could always make the trade then.

What is everyone's thoughts on Alex Smith? I for one prefer him over Mallett on a one or two year deal.

Wait for what? What are we waiting for to pan out during the draft? The problem is that if we wait, and nothing better comes along (which I honestly think will be the case), we may not be able to get him for the same price, if he's still even available.

Also, has Smith been cut? If not we'd have to trade for him too, and Mallett is far better than Smith IMO.

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallett for a straight #42 is too steep for my tastes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 21 of 100

Jump to: