You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013: Buffalo WAR Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What sort of sandwiches do you want for the meetings?
Tuna
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Ham and cheese
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
meat meat and more sausage
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
sandwiches? what is this, the seahawks forum or something?!
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
seriously bro, its saturday night, get a life
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
eat kitty litter
33%
 33%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 57

JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking News

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Breaking News

Welcome aboard!

As previously discussed, I'm happy to step aside as HC and focus my efforts fully to running our defense as DC (assuming Ian's secret recruit is going to be AGM).

bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Thanks BBF, but I need someone bigger and more scary to be my backup." - Nobody ever
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Breaking News

Welcome aboard!

As previously discussed, I'm happy to step aside as HC and focus my efforts fully to running our defense as DC (assuming Ian's secret recruit is going to be AGM).

So you're Mike Pettine? Is Manish Mehta joining your staff?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Breaking News

Welcome aboard!

Jets GM is so desperate to be accepted that he comes to a rival team's forum. Duly noted.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Breaking News

Welcome aboard!

I suppose you could say that, yes. Except I have previous HC experience Laughing

We've got a previous GM (probably GM of the year) as GM, previous GM as HC, previous HC as DC, and I'm assuming some super powerful previous GM as AGM.

Plus a forum full of smart, dedicated, die hard Bills fans filling up the rest of the staff.

I like it.

bucsfan333 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Thanks BBF, but I need someone bigger and more scary to be my backup." - Nobody ever
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're still working on positions, but I hope it's not too early to discuss a little strategy. I wanted to suggest we try to use our one contract restructure on Fitzpatrick.

Now I know there's a decent sized camp that wants to cut Fitz no matter what, but hear me out. I think he's the best option even if you want him gone.

First off, there's no player on the roster as universally agreed to be grossly overpaid as Fitz. You hear it in virtually every article about the state of the Bills roster or their off-season plans. With a big juicy contract like that, and the belief he isn't worth it, it should be easy to get approved a restructure that cuts into that significantly.

Now you're left with two options:

1. Keep Fitz as a veteran who is making closer to what he's worth.

2. Try to trade him. There are a plenty of QB needy teams, and a prevailing opinion that this QB class is awful. Shouldn't be hard to find a team that would want to throw him in the mix to compete as a stop-gap until next year if his contract isn't so huge. We could even agree to pay part of his remaining salary if we really want to make him enticing.

Bottom line is, we could get a late round draft pick out of it, and get the vast majority of his contract off the books, which is much better than just cutting him. So keep him or get rid of him, it helps our cap a lot to restructure.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
I know you're still working on positions, but I hope it's not too early to discuss a little strategy. I wanted to suggest we try to use our one contract restructure on Fitzpatrick.

Now I know there's a decent sized camp that wants to cut Fitz no matter what, but hear me out. I think he's the best option even if you want him gone.

First off, there's no player on the roster as universally agreed to be grossly overpaid as Fitz. You hear it in virtually every article about the state of the Bills roster or their off-season plans. With a big juicy contract like that, and the belief he isn't worth it, it should be easy to get approved a restructure that cuts into that significantly.

2. Try to trade him. There are a plenty of QB needy teams, and a prevailing opinion that this QB class is awful. Shouldn't be hard to find a team that would want to throw him in the mix to compete as a stop-gap until next year if his contract isn't so huge. We could even agree to pay part of his remaining salary if we really want to make him enticing.

Bottom line is, we could get a late round draft pick out of it, and get the vast majority of his contract off the books, which is much better than just cutting him. So keep him or get rid of him, it helps our cap a lot to restructure.

I agree 100%. I think our best option is to restructure his deal and keep him around. The only way I wouldn't want to keep him is if some top tier QB were to hit the FA market somehow, or if we were to trade for one. And when I say top tier, I'm talking like Joe Flacco as the bottom of that list.

If we could get a top tier guy, I'd be fine with cutting Fitz and drafting a mid round guy. If we can't, I'd say keep Fitz and bring in a solid backup (Matt Moore?).

Either way, using our restructure on Fitz is the best idea, and should be possible, depending on who "represents" him (Remember when we lost Byrd due to holdout after his rookie year??)

bucsfan333 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start getting knee deep in the roster sitch tomorrow, and for the rest of the week we go hard. tonight, i am dressing up like an incredible and getting merry for a friends bday. (obvs pics will follow)

staff will be up in a couple of hours, (we have been done over, in classic bills fashion at the last minute), but i am still supremely confident we have the best staff in the biz.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saddest news in Buffalo History

Crying or Very sad Still love y'all

#JDI
bills123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please have me as part of thr staff Mr. GM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

Not talking Not talking Not talking Speak to the hand Speak to the hand Speak to the hand Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

I even agreed to step down as HC for you. I want the truth. Were you cheating on us the whole time?

bucsfan333 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drunk =/= drank - even in Buffalo ian.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
We've got a previous GM (probably GM of the year) as GM

I was ish faced on Sat... Did I become your GM and not know it Question

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:

I agree 100%. I think our best option is to restructure his deal and keep him around. The only way I wouldn't want to keep him is if some top tier QB were to hit the FA market somehow, or if we were to trade for one. And when I say top tier, I'm talking like Joe Flacco as the bottom of that list.

If we could get a top tier guy, I'd be fine with cutting Fitz and drafting a mid round guy. If we can't, I'd say keep Fitz and bring in a solid backup (Matt Moore?).

Either way, using our restructure on Fitz is the best idea, and should be possible, depending on who "represents" him (Remember when we lost Byrd due to holdout after his rookie year??)

Totally on board with restructuring Fitz. I would probably try to hang onto him though, depending on the terms, esp. the guaranteed $$$, of the restructured contract. I am open to trading him, as long as it was for a decent pick (no end of the 5th - 7th round garbage). If he leaves, someone with at least the ability of Moore would be needed.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Not talking Not talking Not talking Speak to the hand Speak to the hand Speak to the hand Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

I even agreed to step down as HC for you. I want the truth. Were you cheating on us the whole time?

don't speak to him. he is now your sworn enemy

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: