Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD: Saints War Room (Sign Ups!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
I officially vote NO to any trade that comes in for Brees & Graham!

Brees, I agree, Graham though, I wouldn't automatically say no, but the trade has to be really good. Right now the thing keeping me from wanting to say yes to that trade is the fact that Hali has a big cap number while Graham is almost nothing, which is a big factor in this IMO.

THe only trade I'd even consider for Graham from the Chiefs is this...

Chiefs
1st round pick
3rd round pick
OLB Justin Houston (Not Hali)

Saints
TE Jimmy Graham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Ok guys, heres the official offer (He's talking it over with his staff)

Tamba Hali, 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick
for
Jimmy Graham

While I would NEVER even consider this in real life, this is FFMD and its a super fun trade that gives us some serious draft ammo. What do you guys think?

Dwayne Bowe better have been thrown into that mix IRL. but for FF's sake, sounds pretty decent Laughing

Agreed, FFMD is for fun and this would definitely be a fun trade Laughing

Actually, man Jimmy is young and a stud. Ef it, Go 1st and 3rd/4th. We'd get first overall Smile

That's a very, very tough trade to say no too... but Jimmy is so damn good and there is pretty much no one that can replace him, not to mention Jimmy currently costs us pennies and isn't Hali's contract really big?

He would cost us 12M this year but only 6M the following 2 years I believe, but we could always use a restructure on him. It also gives us tons of draft flexibility, I know its a tough pill to swallow but I think its a good move for us.

Ok, so we are already over the cap, by a lot right? So how does that fit? I mean I know that fills the OLB spot and lets us use Tez inside instead of outside like the original plan was to then sign in the draft/FA, but we are taking on massive cap hit here. That's my biggest worry.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Raves wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Ok guys, heres the official offer (He's talking it over with his staff)

Tamba Hali, 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick
for
Jimmy Graham

While I would NEVER even consider this in real life, this is FFMD and its a super fun trade that gives us some serious draft ammo. What do you guys think?

Dwayne Bowe better have been thrown into that mix IRL. but for FF's sake, sounds pretty decent Laughing

Agreed, FFMD is for fun and this would definitely be a fun trade Laughing

Actually, man Jimmy is young and a stud. Ef it, Go 1st and 3rd/4th. We'd get first overall Smile

That's a very, very tough trade to say no too... but Jimmy is so damn good and there is pretty much no one that can replace him, not to mention Jimmy currently costs us pennies and isn't Hali's contract really big?

He would cost us 12M this year but only 6M the following 2 years I believe, but we could always use a restructure on him. It also gives us tons of draft flexibility, I know its a tough pill to swallow but I think its a good move for us.

Ok, so we are already over the cap, by a lot right? So how does that fit? I mean I know that fills the OLB spot and lets us use Tez inside instead of outside like the original plan was to then sign in the draft/FA, but we are taking on massive cap hit here. That's my biggest worry.

I don't believe we are over the cap and cutting Smith, Vilma, Harper and restructuring Evans would save us upwards of $20M

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't we 20 million over to begin with?

If we cut Smith, Vilma, and Harper, which saves us 20 million, who plays SS? IAQ? But you want to move Jenkins which is where IAQ would play. The only SS in FA I want will likely command Harper money.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:

If we cut Smith, Vilma, and Harper, which saves us 20 million, who plays SS? IAQ? But you want to move Jenkins which is where IAQ would play. The only SS in FA I want will likely command Harper money.

Trade down in 1st round, get a 2nd rounder... Target Jonathan Cyprien in round 2.

Cyprien at FS
Quddus at SS

Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that means more later rounds for offense Confused
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I did this correctly, and theirs a large chance I didnt, Smith would save us 9M, Vilma saves us almost 5M, Harper would save us 5.25M and restructuring Evans would save us about 3-4M or more if we wanted. Also, we're only using the top 51 contracts so we'd save a few M there.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Raves wrote:

Trade down in 1st round, get a 2nd rounder... Target Jonathan Cyprien in round 2.

Cyprien at FS
Quddus at SS

No offense, but I doubt Cyprien would come in and start over Jenkins. Even after a bad year, I don't see that happening.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenkins wouldent be on the team in that situation...

For as talented as Jenkins is, he doesn't know how to play Safety... kids has zero instincts and ball skills.

Cyprien has the physical tools and excels in the areas that Jenkins lacks.

Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs staff rejected the deal. Looks like its going to be a very lame FFMD, everyone wants gold but they want to pay dirt for it, not saying that about the Chiefs but most of the "offers" I've received have been absolutely awful.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder how FA is going to go?
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

We won't have a ton of money to play around with, probably going to re-sign our main guys and try to make some under the radar signings.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

We won't have a ton of money to play around with, probably going to re-sign our main guys and try to make some under the radar signings.

One name to keep an eye on is Antwan Barnes of the Chargers...

Was injured this year but posted 11 sacks as a OLB in the 34 in 2011. Still young, extremely fast defender who likely won't command a big contract. Would add solid depth and experience behind Galette and Wilson in the rotation.

Raves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh on renegotiating contracts, since I helped run it last year, you have to basically make a valid claim why they should do it and if you can show proof of how/why it would be likely to happen.

So for Brees for example since he just signed his deal, you would point to the article that was discussing that specific option and how it would work. With Evans you would likely point to guaranteeing more of his contract on the back-end just shifting a few million to the next few years and making it guaranteed so no matter what he actually gets that money, actually he's likely to make more money if you guarantee what would've been non guaranteed money to begin with, so you could possibly save a bit that way.

There is a SS prospect who might be in a talent agency target that I would like to look at, and Jenkins might be a good move back to CB because he might not have interception ball skills but he can lock a man down so putting him in the nickel or even at a starting CB position might not be bad since with a 3-4 he'd be stronger, but lots of options.

Truthfully I think it might not be unwise to look to move Evans. He's a top 5 OG sure, but we have pretty good luck at finding OGs, I think Harris who played RT for a little for us would be a good fit to move in. We might take a hit in both run and pass protection, but I don't think it would be more than what the return on the pick would be as several teams will be looking for lineman and getting one of the best in the game would really help them. Teams like Green Bay or Pittsburgh. Actually Green Bay might be lookign to move Tramon Williams so maybe a deal where we send Evans to Green Bay and they send Williams and a pick, the money offsets, we can then move on from Jabari Greer at CB which lets us save money that way, likely more than restructuring Evans, improve at CB, and get another pick.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote yes. Not in real life, but for FFMD its a pretty solid trade, and makes it more fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 11 of 39

Jump to: