Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD: Saints War Room (Sign Ups!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorldWonder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
WorldWonder wrote:
Well, our cap space is horrible, to put it lightly.

The 2013 cap is expected to be a little over $120 million, and we sit at $140.2 million, and that's including the $2.7 million we carried over.

Some major changes need to be made. From Will Smith to not resigning Sedrick Ellis, inflated, over priced under-achievers need to be cut, and cut quickly if we are to make any type of splash switching to the 3-4.

Also, I know he is your name sake, but what about Harper? He makes 5.3 million next year, money we could put to good use else where.

Don't worry, as much as I love Harper, hell be one of the first to go. Could you figure out how much cap space we'd save, including the cap hits if we cut Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma and Roman Harper?

From reading the FFMD general discussion,

Estonianzulu wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:
Is the hard salary cap actually posted anywhere, or is it TBD?

TBD. There will be a cap and roster thread as soon as I can get it there.

Should we wait until Estonianzulu makes his offical cap numbers, so we can follow those?
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Interested in Assistant GM, President of Player Personnel and
Offensive Coordinator. What would my duties be of these three, if you don't mind me asking?
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorldWonder wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
WorldWonder wrote:
Well, our cap space is horrible, to put it lightly.

The 2013 cap is expected to be a little over $120 million, and we sit at $140.2 million, and that's including the $2.7 million we carried over.

Some major changes need to be made. From Will Smith to not resigning Sedrick Ellis, inflated, over priced under-achievers need to be cut, and cut quickly if we are to make any type of splash switching to the 3-4.

Also, I know he is your name sake, but what about Harper? He makes 5.3 million next year, money we could put to good use else where.

Don't worry, as much as I love Harper, hell be one of the first to go. Could you figure out how much cap space we'd save, including the cap hits if we cut Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma and Roman Harper?

From reading the FFMD general discussion,

Estonianzulu wrote:
UKEaglesFan wrote:
Is the hard salary cap actually posted anywhere, or is it TBD?

TBD. There will be a cap and roster thread as soon as I can get it there.

Should we wait until Estonianzulu makes his offical cap numbers, so we can follow those?

The mods posted that site as what their basing this off of, so we should be ok

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
I'm Interested in Assistant GM, President of Player Personnel and
Offensive Coordinator. What would my duties be of these three, if you don't mind me asking?

Assistant GM is basically all the same duties as me, but you'd be battling Porter22 for that spot if you want it, you could each send me a PM detailing why you deserve the position and I would choose that way. Offensive coordinators job would be to help me and the assistant GM decide who we should target in free agency/draft and explain why they fit our system and President of Player Personnel is basically you give us input on everything, vote for trades/draft picks etc. Everyone will have equal input on everything so these are basically just titles.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k well I'm interested in the Offensive Coordinator, don't really want to step on Porter22's toes. also do i need to put a banner up with these titles?
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
k well I'm interested in the Offensive Coordinator, don't really want to step on Porter22's toes. also do i need to put a banner up with these titles?

No banner necessary, but feel free to use one. Someone in the mock draft forum made all the GM ones, and you got the OC job my man!

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

No banner necessary, but feel free to use one. Someone in the mock draft forum made all the GM ones, and you got the OC job my man!

Good stuff!! just let me know what you need. Cool
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Wonder - Could you get me a list of our total cap space and the players first year cap hits?
SaintAnger - Could you start scouting Free Agent/Draft LTs as insurance for Bushrod?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Do we really want Bushrod? I mean Robinson was doing well for the last two games? Laughing
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
Confused Do we really want Bushrod? I mean Robinson was doing well for the last two games? Laughing

I'm not sure what we're going to do with Bushrod yet, we'll talk about it more when this is officially up and running. If we can keep him around at a decent salary I wouldn't be opposed to it, but if he makes it to the sharktank he'll get ridiculously overpaid. I for one think Charles Brown deserves a shot at the LT job.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thats very true man, I was just suggesting as a backup that Robinson would make since to have depth on the Oline, without cost too much.
WorldWonder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get that to you. I'll make a list of all 2013 cap figures and post them here, for us to look at whenever we need it.

Give me till tomorrow night.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be a scout

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you guys this right now, teams are already, without even looking at cap situations yet, looking to make trades. For the players we have that are good but won't fit our new scheme, let's start looking for trading partners for those players. A lot of our guys will have trade value, might not be the greatest, but it's still something that can improve our team by adding an extra pick if we need to for another trade.

So before we automatically look to cut guys, outside of maybe one or two who's cap hit is so ridiculous they won't ever get traded, look first to trade that player and start throwing out feelers. Basically everyone but Brees, Graham, Hicks, and Jordan should be available for the right price so start sending out feelings on everyone. Heck if we get a good enough offer I wouldn't even be upset to see Graham shipped out, but I doubt the offer will match what I would want, basically a 1st & 2nd round compensation or so and good 1st and 2nd round picks, not Baltimore/San Fran 1st and 2nds.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
WorldWonder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
I'll tell you guys this right now, teams are already, without even looking at cap situations yet, looking to make trades. For the players we have that are good but won't fit our new scheme, let's start looking for trading partners for those players. A lot of our guys will have trade value, might not be the greatest, but it's still something that can improve our team by adding an extra pick if we need to for another trade.

So before we automatically look to cut guys, outside of maybe one or two who's cap hit is so ridiculous they won't ever get traded, look first to trade that player and start throwing out feelers. Basically everyone but Brees, Graham, Hicks, and Jordan should be available for the right price so start sending out feelings on everyone. Heck if we get a good enough offer I wouldn't even be upset to see Graham shipped out, but I doubt the offer will match what I would want, basically a 1st & 2nd round compensation or so and good 1st and 2nd round picks, not Baltimore/San Fran 1st and 2nds.

Completely agree. Definitely look at trading Ivory. Some teams needs a hard nose running back with hardly any mileage. We just have too many other backs to give him his touches.

I wonder if Jenkins or Harper have any trade value? Perhaps Smith and Vilma as well?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 2 of 39

Jump to: