Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13: Packers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright than keep Newhouse we shall. DET had some potential interest... nothing too serious. Datko is another possibility being discussed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Alright than keep Newhouse we shall. DET had some potential interest... nothing too serious. Datko is another possibility being discussed

People have interest in Datko? SUre, we have Newhouse/Sherrod and Bulaga/Barclay

XBL: ShiiNyIV
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:

I guess for a late rounder, yeah.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey somebody should a write a pitch for the Finley extension!
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:

I'll take care of it
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

I'll take care of it

Very Happy

Numerous brownie points for AG20!
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers are extending an offer to Jermichael Finley to resign long-term with the Green Bay Packers. The deal will be worth 22 million dollars total, starting in 2013 and stretching into the 2016 season. The Packers guarantee Finley 8 million dollars immediately by way of signing bonus, and desire to pay him 12 million dollars in salary, structured in the following way: 1.5 million in 2013 and 2015, and 4.5 million in 2014 and 2016. There will also be 2 million dollars in miscellaneous bonuses that Finley can earn over the course of his deal.

The Packers feel that Jermichael Finley returning to Green Bay is in the best interest for both parties. The Packers offensive system calls on its TEs to be a receiving threat first, second, and last. There’s little blocking required. This system fits Finley’s skillset as he’s one of the best pass weapons at the TE spot in the league. There’s almost no blocking required which is something that Finley shows neither an aptitude nor an appreciation for. The Packers have received interest from several GMs on the available of Finley and if these offers are a fair evaluation of how GMs feel across the league, we feel that we have far and away the best offer on the table for Finley long term. There seems to be a lack of appreciation for what he brings to the table as a player and the Packers would be thrilled to bring him back to Green Bay despite what GMs around the league think of him.

Finley is an emotional player. He cares deeply for wins and losses and the teams that have cap space to pursue Finley aren’t in a position to compete for a ring. Finley has had issues with teammates in the past and the Packers believe it’s in his best interest to play for an incredibly stable team with competent players surrounding him. A supportive environment in the organization and in the community, we believe is vital for Finley’s long term success. He’s developed a relationship with Aaron Rodgers as has been noted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in various articles. The Packers organization appreciates Finley’s skillset and would like to see him as an important piece of a dynasty that we believe is imminent in Green Bay.

Did I miss anything?
What should I do with this?

Last edited by AlexGreen#20 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

I'll take care of it

Very Happy

I would've, but on my mobile so it would've been bad.

Plus, jfin, you lazy! Wink Jk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
The Packers are extending an offer to Jermichael Finley to resign long-term with the Green Bay Packers. The deal will be worth 22 million dollars total, starting in 2013 and stretching into the 2016 season. The Packers guarantee Finley 8 million dollars immediately by way of signing bonus, and desire to pay him 12 million dollars in salary, structured in the following way: 1.5 million in 2013 and 2015, and 4.5 million in 2014 and 2016. There will also be 2 million dollars in miscellaneous bonuses that Finley can earn over the course of his deal.

The Packers feel that Jermichael Finley returning to Green Bay is in the best interest for both parties. The Packers offensive system calls on its TEs to be a receiving threat first, second, and last. There’s little blocking required. This system fits Finley’s skillset as he’s one of the best pass weapons at the TE spot in the league. There’s almost no blocking required which is something that Finley shows neither an aptitude nor an appreciation for. The Packers have received interest from several GMs on the available of Finley and if these offers are a fair evaluation of how GMs feel across the league, we feel that we have far and away the best offer on the table for Finley long term. There seems to be a lack of appreciation for what he brings to the table as a player and the Packers would be thrilled to bring him back to Green Bay despite what GMs around the league think of him.

Finley is an emotional player. He cares deeply for wins and losses and the teams that have cap space to pursue Finley aren’t in a position to compete for a ring. Finley has had issues with teammates in the past and the Packers believe it’s in his best interest to play for an incredibly stable team with competent players surrounding him. A supportive environment in the organization and in the community, we believe is vital for Finley’s long term success. He’s developed a relationship with Aaron Rodgers as has been noted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in various articles. The Packers organization appreciates Finley’s skillset and would like to see him as an important piece of a dynasty that we believe is imminent in Green Bay.

Did I miss anything?
What should I do with this?

Yes! Thanks man, I'll copy n paste this to thevillin!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:

I'll take care of it

Very Happy

I would've, but on my mobile so it would've been bad.

Plus, jfin, you lazy! Wink Jk

I like to use the same excuse when I don't feel like typing. Very Happy

I added like three sentences so... yea

This is what I sent

Jermichael Finley

2013 = 1.5m (base) + 2m (s.b.) + .5m (misc) = 4m cap hit
2014 = 4.5m (base) + 2m (s.b.) + .5m (misc) = 7m cap hit
2015 = 1.5m (base) + 2m (s.b.) + .5m (misc) = 4m cap hit
2016 = 4.5m (base) + 2m (s.b.) + .5m (misc) = 7m cap hit

Ultimately, we feel this deal is fair to both sides seeing Finley has made it very clear he wants to finish his career here in Green Bay.

An article from 3 days ago

Quote:
“I would love to stay there,” Finley said, “but if Green Bay says otherwise, I play football for a living, so I’d have to switch gears and get ready for another chapter in my life.”

It’s unclear whether the Packers will release Finley before the $3 million bonus he’s due in March, but Finley said he would understand if they do that, or ask him to restructure his contract..

“It’s the nature of the business,” Finley said. “If there’s a guy that’s overpaid or that they think is overpaid, they’ll ask for a pay cut. There’s no doubt that I want to be there for life. But it’s a business and the business will tell you otherwise. I would say on the business front, it’s 50/50. But if it was up to me or anybody in my circle, I would love to be back.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry jfin I've been cramming for a poli sci final that I thought was going to be wednesday...
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
sorry jfin I've been cramming for a poli sci final that I thought was going to be wednesday...

Well now we see where your priorities lay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BZAwCx1oY&playnext=1&list=PL0793BAEE14C2FB01&feature=results_video#t=1h25m02s

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will we know?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Same here, only substitute poli sci and final for bar tending and midterm.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley deal was approved so we just like 4m!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 73 of 99

Jump to: