Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13: THE Tampa Bay Bucs War Room (bid p 48)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinals just got Ryan Mallett. This kinda seems like the exact same experiment as Kolb, but whatever. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
If we're looking at QB, EJ Manuel is growing on me. I like the poise and confidence he has in the pocket. Like his athleticism. He's an accurate thrower whos been nothing but a winner at Florida State. Good feel for the pocket. Mechanics are sound. Listening to him speak and his command, seems like the intangibles are there.

I think we should give him a hard look.

Not overly accurate though..reminds me of just another Freeman.

Please elaborate how he reminds you of freeman? Besides skin color and physical frame , I see two completely different qbs.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
If we're looking at QB, EJ Manuel is growing on me. I like the poise and confidence he has in the pocket. Like his athleticism. He's an accurate thrower whos been nothing but a winner at Florida State. Good feel for the pocket. Mechanics are sound. Listening to him speak and his command, seems like the intangibles are there.

Please elaborate how he reminds you of freeman? Besides skin color and physical frame , I see two completely different qbs.

Woah, nobody was going there buddy. No need to turn this into THAT kinda debate.

Both of them:

- Very big guys
- Very strong arm
- Athletically gifted
- Issues with accuracy
- Issues with consistency

Pretty similar guys.

EDIT: Here is WalterFootball's scouting report on EJ Manuel.

Quote:
Strengths:
Dual-Threat Quarterback
Powerful arm
Excellent mobility
Size and strength
Escapability
Experienced
Quick release

Weaknesses:
Not a natural passer
Decision-making
Field vision
Struggles to work through progressions
Runs to quickly
Spotty accuracy
Can panic at times
Didn't play as well against good defenses

Please, tell me how that doesn't sound exactly like Freeman.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ Manuel sucks. He is the most un-clutch QB in college football. His deep ball is mediocre at best and wish he had the arm strength Freeman had. If we draft a QB wait till 2014.
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Well their skin color is different, but anyway, they play the same. Issues with accuracy, scanning the field. Freeman issues.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just some news: Percy Harvin = officially member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers & Myron Lewis, Eric Wright, and Quincy Black have all been cut (saving $13,825,000).

Quote:
RFA
-DE Daniel Teo-Nesheim (Original Draft Round)

Franchise Tag
- DE Michael Bennett ($10,984,000)

Extension
-we would like to extend Mike Williams

Resign
-Ronde Barber

just a few reminders: we cannot restructure/extend after the tag, are we sill cool with taggin Bennett? - we can only resign and extend one guy each. All cool with restructuring McCoy, anyone else we'd like to reconstructure?
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
just some news: Percy Harvin = officially member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers & Myron Lewis, Eric Wright, and Quincy Black have all been cut (saving $13,825,000).

Quote:
RFA
-DE Daniel Teo-Nesheim (Original Draft Round)

Franchise Tag
- DE Michael Bennett ($10,984,000)

Extension
-we would like to extend Mike Williams

Resign
-Ronde Barber

just a few reminders: we cannot restructure/extend after the tag, are we sill cool with taggin Bennett? - we can only resign and extend one guy each. All cool with restructuring McCoy, anyone else we'd like to reconstructure?

This all looks good to me.

Do we want to extend Mike Williams or Percy Harvin? You can make an argument for either one of them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to extend Percy Harvin, and since we can restructure anyone with no realism involved, do any one of our highest paid players. Penn, Freeman, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I'd like to extend Percy Harvin, and since we can restructure anyone with no realism involved, do any one of our highest paid players. Penn, Freeman, etc.

I'd Probably say restructure Penn and McCoy, and most definitely Michael Konen. Atleast drop his 3.25 mil down to 1 million, which is somewhat more reasonable.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I'd Probably say restructure Penn and McCoy, and most definitely Michael Konen. Atleast drop his 3.25 mil down to 1 million, which is somewhat more reasonable.

I believe we can only restructure two guys. Keonen is definitely overpaid, but if we can save more with Penn and Mccoy I'd rather do that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I believe we can only restructure two guys. Keonen is definitely overpaid, but if we can save more with Penn and Mccoy I'd rather do that.

Yea i say we just release Koenon then try and pick him back up in FA. Paying a punter 3.25m just doesnt make sense.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Yea i say we just release Koenon then try and pick him back up in FA. Paying a punter 3.25m just doesnt make sense.

We may end up paying more for him if we do that. Open market bidding gets crazy very quickly in FFMD.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

We may end up paying more for him if we do that. Open market bidding gets crazy very quickly in FFMD.

In a world where Mario Manningham gets $80 million, Keonen is better off on our roster for $3.25 mil.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

In a world where Mario Manningham gets $80 million, Keonen is better off on our roster for $3.25 mil.

Exactly, FFMD is not a buyers market for FA. It turns crazy real quick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Exactly, FFMD is not a buyers market for FA. It turns crazy real quick.

I would just rather draft a punter in the 6th or 7th round then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 20 of 48

Jump to: