Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

**Official 2013 FFMD 49ers War Room** (updated 3/6/13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Had some free time and am working on a new roster with the cap # next to the names. Want to get a good.. better.. look at where our cap is.

Awesome. I've been super busy the last few days so my apologies on not doing more on here. Im going to delve into the roster tonight or tomorrow and make a list of top possible cuts, possible restructures, and who will be our lone re-signee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Had some free time and am working on a new roster with the cap # next to the names. Want to get a good.. better.. look at where our cap is.

Awesome. I've been super busy the last few days so my apologies on not doing more on here. Im going to delve into the roster tonight or tomorrow and make a list of top possible cuts, possible restructures, and who will be our lone re-signee

I will PM you the roster and financials today.. so that you can post it on page 1.

___
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I will PM you the roster and financials today.. so that you can post it on page 1.

Sounds good.

So I've been doing some thinking on the draft and within our first three picks I think we should target a 3-4 DE, Safety, and TE. CB and WR are also areas of need.

I think we should make a big board by positions. I will start one and we can all decide where the players fit on it. I will do one for the positions listed above. We can also do them for other positions of interest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So since we can only re-sign one guy. Who is everyone thinking?

My top 5 choices are:

1. Dashon Goldson
2. Isaac Sopoaga
3. Randy Moss
4. RJF
5. Delanie Walker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

My top 5 choices are:

1. Dashon Goldson
2. Isaac Sopoaga
3. Randy Moss
4. RJF
5. Delanie Walker

The most realistic choice is Dashon. Then I'd try to re-sign RJF when free agency starts. And then I'd low-ball the others. But that's just me. I like low-balling.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

My top 5 choices are:

1. Dashon Goldson
2. Isaac Sopoaga
3. Randy Moss
4. RJF
5. Delanie Walker

The most realistic choice is Dashon. Then I'd try to re-sign RJF when free agency starts. And then I'd low-ball the others. But that's just me. I like low-balling.

See if they'll take Canadian too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt Goldson needs to be our #1 resign option. RJF should be easy to resign. Ice and Randy might be a little rich for our blood but I would also like if possible to bring them back.

As for a #2 TE I love Michael Hoomanawanui He was the Patriots #2 for most of the year and think his skillset could be perfect for our system. I'm pretty sure he's a FA might be a RFA actually

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can resign one and use the tag on another, right? Why not sign Ice and tag Goldson again

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
we can resign one and use the tag on another, right? Why not sign Ice and tag Goldson again

This is exactly what I am leaning toward. Tag Goldson for the 7.7. Ordinarily, we could consider some clever re-sign contract that gets Goldson's 2013 cap hit lower than 7.7... but in this case, we can only tag one and re-sign one.

I must admit, it would be rather fun to let Goldson walk and see him get 18 million per year in FA.

If we are keeping the 3-4, then we have to try to re-sign Sopoaga or RJF. We would probably have to go with a 3 year, 15 mil type of deal for Ice... or a 3 year, 8 mil type for RJF.

___
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
adamq wrote:

This is exactly what I am leaning toward. Tag Goldson for the 7.7. Ordinarily, we could consider some clever re-sign contract that gets Goldson's 2013 cap hit lower than 7.7... but in this case, we can only tag one and re-sign one.

I must admit, it would be rather fun to let Goldson walk and see him get 18 million per year in FA.

If we are keeping the 3-4, then we have to try to re-sign Sopoaga or RJF. We would probably have to go with a 3 year, 15 mil type of deal for Ice... or a 3 year, 8 mil type for RJF.

I definitley want to bring back either Sop or RJF. I'd like both but that may not be an option. I really dont think RJF will cost a whole lot tho. Maybe like 2-4 mil a year? Sop i would think with be right around 5 mil a year.

I guess it will have to be one or the other cuz i dont know if we can justify having RJF as a backup making 3 mil a year. We just dont have the cap for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
adamq wrote:

I definitley want to bring back either Sop or RJF. I'd like both but that may not be an option. I really dont think RJF will cost a whole lot tho. Maybe like 2-4 mil a year? Sop i would think with be right around 5 mil a year.

I guess it will have to be one or the other cuz i dont know if we can justify having RJF as a backup making 3 mil a year. We just dont have the cap for that.

if we had to pick just one id say RJF, Ice had a poor year and he's a little long in the tooth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
adamq wrote:

if we had to pick just one id say RJF, Ice had a poor year and he's a little long in the tooth.

I agree with that. Im just not sure if RJF could hold down the NT position as a starter. Also, if we're re-signing him to be a starter, I would think we may have to pay him more per year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:

I agree with that. Im just not sure if RJF could hold down the NT position as a starter. Also, if we're re-signing him to be a starter, I would think we may have to pay him more per year.

I have plenty of confidence in RJF to adequately fill the shoes of Sopo. He's a really hard worker and can add more bulk in power, if need be. I think our staff asked him to stay a "tweener" because he was filling in at NT and DE. We will sign him and get him fully focused on NT. I think RJF is the right choice of NT to make. He's naturally strong and holds the point well.

I'd think a 3 yr, 10.5 mil contract would be more than fair for a DL that.. while good.. has much more to prove. The guy has been making roughly 400K per year off his rookie contract. This is a generous jump in pay, plus job security.

2013 - 2 mil base / 1 mil SB (all guaranteed)
2014 - 2.5 mil base / 1 mil SB (all guaranteed)
2015 - 3 mil base / 1 mil SB

thoughts?

___
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

I have plenty of confidence in RJF to adequately fill the shoes of Sopo. He's a really hard worker and can add more bulk in power, if need be. I think our staff asked him to stay a "tweener" because he was filling in at NT and DE. We will sign him and get him fully focused on NT. I think RJF is the right choice of NT to make. He's naturally strong and holds the point well.

I'd think a 3 yr, 10.5 mil contract would be more than fair for a DL that.. while good.. has much more to prove. The guy has been making roughly 400K per year off his rookie contract. This is a generous jump in pay, plus job security.

2013 - 2 mil base / 1 mil SB (all guaranteed)
2014 - 2.5 mil base / 1 mil SB (all guaranteed)
2015 - 3 mil base / 1 mil SB

thoughts?

I can live with that. If he ends up being just as good or better then Sop then we got a steal of a contract. So do we all agree RJF will be our lone UFA re-sign and tag Goldson or should we try to re-sign Goldson?

Also, another topic we havent touched on yet. RFA Tramaine Brock. Im cool with bringing him back but I dont think we should give him more then 1 mil. I dont think anyone will try to sign him away from us so he really doesnt have any leverage. Would we be better off letting him walk and trying to sign him cheaper during FA or just letting him walk all together.

I'd like to dump Rogers if possible or restructure his contract and also bring in a rookie CB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually planning on making a thread soon about having RJF replace Sopo, and I think he could do so adequately.

I'm down with that deal for RJF, oldie

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 4 of 40

Jump to: