Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013- BENGALS WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ark23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cole is a quality player, but not one of dire need assuming we can resign Gillberry and tag MJ.

Are we in agreement the player we want to extend is Andre and the player we want to tag is MJ? It largely seems that way.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
just to let everyone know the Eagles are wondering what our interest is in DE Trent Cole. I told them that until we know what is going on with our own FAs we have limited interest. I have always liked Cole, he is a native guy from my home area of Xenia. But he is 30 years old and im sure the price would be a mid round pick.

If they want anything more than a third than no dice. He may have more present value than that, but guys in their 30's rarely get full value trades.

Agreed. Rather keep MJ and Gilberry than trade for Cole

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
Cole is a quality player, but not one of dire need assuming we can resign Gillberry and tag MJ.

Are we in agreement the player we want to extend is Andre and the player we want to tag is MJ? It largely seems that way.

Not necessarily. The way it worked last year was we got to make a 1 shot pitch to the player we want to keep. If he declines we can take a shot at another player, and so on until we sign one. So it's possible that both Andre and MJ will turn down our offers and we end up signing Jones or Gilberry, or someone else. Last year the talent agency screwed up bigtime in accepting too many team offers that the free agent pool was hugely depleted and there was a lot of money chasing a few name players. To remedy that I suggested that the talent agency not accept team offers unless they were clearly above the franchise amount and likely above the open market value of the player. If that is implemented we would have to make a big offer for 1 or the other of Andre and MJ. Who do we want to go big with? Who do we think might give us a discount? We could probably find a replacement for either player at 21 if not a veteran.

Let's hear the pros and cons for both players getting the big offer.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel MJ is more replaceable than Andre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I feel MJ is more replaceable than Andre

I agree with this

sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, how much should we offer Andre then in our one shot? I'd say something on the order of 8 mil would be reasonable. It's less than the franchise amount but those are based on Carl Nicks and 4 LTs. Eight mil would probably be enough to make Andre the highest paid RT in the league. We could structure it to make it a bit backloaded, ie if he has serious foot problems down the road, we wouldn't be on the hook for the full amount. Say 5 years, 40 mil, 13 mil upfront. Annual salaries of 3,4,5,7,8 mil. The annual salary would actually include some offseason workout pay, a roster bonus to get him through the offseason, and some incentives.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

posted our trade block in the GM forum,

i had this

SS Taylor Mays- late round
CB- Jason Allen- late round
C- Kyle Cook- mid round
TE- Jermaine Gresham- early round
OT- Anthony Collins- early to mid round

we are getting some interest in Jermaine Gresham, but obviously we will talk it over. extremely preliminary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Ok, how much should we offer Andre then in our one shot? I'd say something on the order of 8 mil would be reasonable. It's less than the franchise amount but those are based on Carl Nicks and 4 LTs. Eight mil would probably be enough to make Andre the highest paid RT in the league. We could structure it to make it a bit backloaded, ie if he has serious foot problems down the road, we wouldn't be on the hook for the full amount. Say 5 years, 40 mil, 13 mil upfront. Annual salaries of 3,4,5,7,8 mil. The annual salary would actually include some offseason workout pay, a roster bonus to get him through the offseason, and some incentives.

I feel if you backload the contract we wont get him...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do u guys think about Tramon Williams? Packers have a late 2nd early 3rd value on him.

I also threw out this idea.

Swapping Jermaine Gresham for Jermichael Finley.
What do u think?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finley is a free agent. We should ignore the Packers trade block because they have their free agents listed in hopes of a tag and trade. Finley and Gresham have the same issue, suspect hands. If we can sign Finley as a free agent, then trading Gresham is ok but we don't need to go to that much trouble. IMO we don't need a trade block anyway since we can keep 90 players and don't have to get to 53 in this mock.
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

I feel if you backload the contract we wont get him...

Getting 1/3rd of the total value up front in signing bonus is on the generous side and a deal that makes him the highest paid at his position should be approved. The nice thing is that Andre is currently being paid as a top 10 pick under the old CBA so we could easily get a cap number for 2013 that is less than 2012 without much backloading.
ark23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
What do u guys think about Tramon Williams? Packers have a late 2nd early 3rd value on him.

I also threw out this idea.

Swapping Jermaine Gresham for Jermichael Finley.
What do u think?

No to Tramon Williams for that value. A fourth and I'd do it. This is a VERY good CB class. Guys like Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Leon McFadden and Robert Alford are probably going to fall into the mid rounds and they might be worth up to second round picks.

I'd say no to Gresham for Finley as well. Finley isn't an in-line TE, he's a guy who you line up in the slot/out wide.

Say what you will about Gresham but he's worth more than Finley. There's even talk Finley may be cut by the Packers this offseason. Speculative, yes, but Gresham - though he has inconsistency with drops and frustrating penalties is more of an impact player, especially in our offense.

If our supposed value on Gresham was a late first round pick, this begs the question is Finley worth a late first round pick. And the answer is unequivocally no.

Obviously the talks are preliminary, just exploring, but these are just my opinions.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the TE swap.

GB says that have multiple offers for Tramon around a 3rd. I told him we are ready to commit to anything

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Forget the TE swap.

GB says that have multiple offers for Tramon around a 3rd. I told him we are ready to commit to anything

I wouldnt make that TE swap either.

As for Tramon, it isnt a bad idea, but I wouldnt give up our late 2nd for him

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams interested in Anthony Collins and Taylor Mays

I was thinking a 3rd round for Collins and a 7th for Mays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 5 of 73

Jump to: