Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013- BENGALS WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lets vote on who is gonna get the franchise tag. Smith or Johnson?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Roland is garbage. Let him go

Agreed. Just let him go and keep Collins. Or rely on McDonnell
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said this before on here. I think it's safer to franchise Johnson. All of the sudden he shows up and rallies 10+ sacks in his contract year. Coincidence? Dont think so. Smith on the other hand has already signed a massive deal his rookie season so he should come at less of a risk to bust on us. Plus, Johnson is way more replaceable if we can't sign him next year than Smith is.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
I've said this before on here. I think it's safer to franchise Johnson. All of the sudden he shows up and rallies 10+ sacks in his contract year. Coincidence? Dont think so. Smith on the other hand has already signed a massive deal his rookie season so he should come at less of a risk to bust on us. Plus, Johnson is way more replaceable if we can't sign him next year than Smith is.

I forgot that we could sign one guy and franchise another. I agree. Let's extend Andre Smith and tag MJ93...
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tag johnson
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

I forgot that we could sign one guy and franchise another. I agree. Let's extend Andre Smith and tag MJ93...

So we dont have to worry about losing either no matter what?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

So we dont have to worry about losing either no matter what?

Slight chance they could deny the Andre Smith extension. IIRC with FFMD, you can make one big plea to extend a guy. If you do that multiple times they basically start denying you.

So if we make a big extension offer to Andre Smith and write about how great he is, they'll let us extend him. Then we can use the tag on MJ93.

Correct if me I'm wrong all mighty GM...

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind

Last edited by johndeere1707 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Agent Resigning

Teams will have an opportunity to resign some of their unrestricted free agents before they hit the free agency market. Each team will have the opportunity to resign up one unrestricted free agents. If they fail to resign or chose to abandon a bid, they may move on to trying another free agent. Resigning free agents is treated exactly like other UFRA's, in that the interested team must submit a bid and contract to the player. Bids will be highly considered in the initial resigning process. Any free agent not resigned will be sent to the UFRA pool. Teams may continue to bid on free agents once they have been sent to the talent agency like any other available FA.

Resigning free agents must use the same contract rules as other Free Agents.

Contract Restructuring

Up to two contracts may be restructured by submitting a bid and contract to the Talent Agency for your currently signed player. The bid and contract will play a large part in the potential resigning of a free agent, and it will be at the discretion of the talent agency to decide a resigning. If a restructuring fails, or is abandoned, you may re-use that attempt on a different player until up to two players have signed new contracts.
ark23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can do that I'd say tag Michael Johnson for the 10.8 million and then do our best to resign Andre prior to free agency starting.

What do you think is a reasonable offer for Andre prior to FA starting? Keep in mind if we tagged him he'd be making 9.6 million.

And to clarify we are only allowed to extend one player and restructure two? In those restructures we aren't allowed to extend players contacts I'd assume, correct?
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what JD posted it sounds like we can attempt to re-sign both MJ and Andre but with a limit of 1 re-signed. We could tag the other once one is in hand. So who do we start with? I say let's start with Andre since continuity is probably more important on the O-line than the D-line.

The other questions are what are the franchise tag amounts and what are the fair market values of Andre and MJ? Tags are around 9 mil for O-line and 11 mil for DE. I'd guess Andre will get 7-8 mil per year on a 5 year deal in real life. Say something like 37/5 with 12 mil guaranteed. He's not a LT but is a top 5 RT. Since we once paid Stacey Andrews that much, we shouldn't skimp with Andre.

For MJ, it's murkier. The general rule is pass rushers get paid but MJ also benefits a lot from Atkins. I'd be ok with the tag if needed but wouldn't want to pay him an average of 11 mil per year. In this mock we can't extend Atkins or Dunlap but we should still try to save some cap space for them. I wouldn't want to pay MJ more than 8 mil per year for several reasons. There are starting QBs that make less than that. He benefits from Geno. We will have to offer Dunlap something similar though Carlos might be cheaper since he's further from free agency. If we want to keep MJ, Gilberry, and were free to extend Dunlap and Atkins, what would they be worth? I'd say 10 mil for Geno, 8 for MJ and Carlos, and 4 for Wallace. Add in Peko and that's a lot of money in the D-line.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
I dont think we should even put gresham on the trade block because I cant see any team offering us what we want for him. If we did trade him for a 1st, we would need a TE and we would have to draft either zach ertz or tyler eifert to even come close to what gresham did for the bengals. the only problem with gresham is his hands. other than that he has been to the pro bowl 2 years in a row. He has the ability to change a game. so i would keep him.

He's also cheap next year !
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to let everyone know the Eagles are wondering what our interest is in DE Trent Cole. I told them that until we know what is going on with our own FAs we have limited interest. I have always liked Cole, he is a native guy from my home area of Xenia. But he is 30 years old and im sure the price would be a mid round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
just to let everyone know the Eagles are wondering what our interest is in DE Trent Cole. I told them that until we know what is going on with our own FAs we have limited interest. I have always liked Cole, he is a native guy from my home area of Xenia. But he is 30 years old and im sure the price would be a mid round pick.

as of right now, I would say no.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

If they want anything more than a third than no dice. He may have more present value than that, but guys in their 30's rarely get full value trades.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 4 of 73

Jump to: