Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013- BENGALS WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6093
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys want to cut Jason Allen and maybe sign him back at a lower price?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23489
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Do you guys want to cut Jason Allen and maybe sign him back at a lower price?


I'm ok just cutting him haha
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BengalsEra


Joined: 31 Dec 2012
Posts: 351
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Do you guys want to cut Jason Allen and maybe sign him back at a lower price?


I'm ok just cutting him haha


sign him back if you can. You can never have too many DBs on your team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6093
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals cut CB Jason Allen-4,100,000 cap savings
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ark23


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 1559
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good decision to cut him. Prater may see more playing time this upcoming season, Ghee and Kirkpatrick come back. We need to sign a veteran corner in FA and/or draft some but this is a fiscally sound decision.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but johndeere it appears our cap savings from releasing Jason Allen is only $3,700,000 - he has a $400,000 cap hit if we cut him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16827
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good cut, I cut him as well in a recent GM Mock. Take a look at the other cuts I did as well to save some cap money: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509646
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6093
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
Good decision to cut him. Prater may see more playing time this upcoming season, Ghee and Kirkpatrick come back. We need to sign a veteran corner in FA and/or draft some but this is a fiscally sound decision.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but johndeere it appears our cap savings from releasing Jason Allen is only $3,700,000 - he has a $400,000 cap hit if we cut him.


thank you i will correct that
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16827
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
Good decision to cut him. Prater may see more playing time this upcoming season, Ghee and Kirkpatrick come back. We need to sign a veteran corner in FA and/or draft some but this is a fiscally sound decision.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but johndeere it appears our cap savings from releasing Jason Allen is only $3,700,000 - he has a $400,000 cap hit if we cut him.


thank you i will correct that


$3.7M is what I had as well for Jason Allen. Some other guys cap savings if you want to cut them:

John Conner: 630K
Jamaal Anderson: 3.7M
Tony Dye: 480k
Taveon Rogers: 480k
Robert Sands: 449k
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6093
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
Good decision to cut him. Prater may see more playing time this upcoming season, Ghee and Kirkpatrick come back. We need to sign a veteran corner in FA and/or draft some but this is a fiscally sound decision.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but johndeere it appears our cap savings from releasing Jason Allen is only $3,700,000 - he has a $400,000 cap hit if we cut him.


thank you i will correct that


$3.7M is what I had as well for Jason Allen. Some other guys cap savings if you want to cut them:

John Conner: 630K
Jamaal Anderson: 3.7M
Tony Dye: 480k
Taveon Rogers: 480k
Robert Sands: 449k

I was gonna say J Anderson as well, but I figure we should see who we can get in FA
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16827
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL GMS

If there is anything pending that you still haven't received a decision on, please PM me and I'll make sure that a decision is made on it asap. Just want to make sure nothing gets dropped.

Any and all other complaints/questions, feel free to PM me as well. Just want to clear up any confusion/frustration and make this thing enjoyable...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 2055
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late now but we shouldn't cut anyone until we have more players signed. Jason Allen didn't do anything for the team last year but he's still a veteran CB who could be cover if we lose Jones or Newman. I don't expect Anderson to make the roster and would like to replace him with Rucker but again let's wait til free agency is over before cutting anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6093
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Too late now but we shouldn't cut anyone until we have more players signed. Jason Allen didn't do anything for the team last year but he's still a veteran CB who could be cover if we lose Jones or Newman. I don't expect Anderson to make the roster and would like to replace him with Rucker but again let's wait til free agency is over before cutting anyone.


he was due 4 million, im pretty sure we can sign him back for cheaper than that. we are only cutting him to try to resign him cheaper. That is the only reason
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6093
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Trade Recap

Quote:
Bengals trade 5th rounder (pick 151) to the Bears for WR/KR Devin Hester


Why this makes sense for the Bears: With Hester not really committed to staying the game of football for much longer it makes sense for the Bears to try and get some value from their Punt and Kick Return man (And that is what Hester is) they can move on, put a new face into that role and move on from Devin. He did not return any kicks or punts for TD's in 2012, but he is still a threat to add to the 17 return TD's he has to his name.

Why this makes sense for the Bengals: They add a dynamic return man who can put points on the board any time he touches the football. Not going to be much of a weapon on offense, but does provide an upgrade on KR and PR units and also allows PacMan Jones to put more of his energy in trying to be a good Cornerback.

Overall Winner - Neither, this is a trade that makes sense for both sides, no-one loses huge value, I suppose the upside of an elite return-man will trump a 5th round pick, but the Bears don't lose a heap.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ark23


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 1559
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
khodder wrote:
Trade Recap

Quote:
Bengals trade 5th rounder (pick 151) to the Bears for WR/KR Devin Hester


Why this makes sense for the Bears: With Hester not really committed to staying the game of football for much longer it makes sense for the Bears to try and get some value from their Punt and Kick Return man (And that is what Hester is) they can move on, put a new face into that role and move on from Devin. He did not return any kicks or punts for TD's in 2012, but he is still a threat to add to the 17 return TD's he has to his name.

Why this makes sense for the Bengals: They add a dynamic return man who can put points on the board any time he touches the football. Not going to be much of a weapon on offense, but does provide an upgrade on KR and PR units and also allows PacMan Jones to put more of his energy in trying to be a good Cornerback.

Overall Winner - Neither, this is a trade that makes sense for both sides, no-one loses huge value, I suppose the upside of an elite return-man will trump a 5th round pick, but the Bears don't lose a heap.

THE PRESS LOVES US. We are media darlings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sparky151


Joined: 07 Feb 2012
Posts: 2055
Location: Columbus, OH
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
sparky151 wrote:
Too late now but we shouldn't cut anyone until we have more players signed. Jason Allen didn't do anything for the team last year but he's still a veteran CB who could be cover if we lose Jones or Newman. I don't expect Anderson to make the roster and would like to replace him with Rucker but again let's wait til free agency is over before cutting anyone.


he was due 4 million, im pretty sure we can sign him back for cheaper than that. we are only cutting him to try to resign him cheaper. That is the only reason


When Tracy Porter gets 18 mil as in last year's FFMD I don't know if there is such a thing as cheap. Is there a list yet of who goes to the talent agency and who goes to the Shark Tank?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 17 of 73

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group