Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
I'd be fine trying to go for AC6, but I think there's a handful of players with better value than AE4. We don't need to magnify need here in the late rounds. Look for value.

Guys I like, in order (guys not named yet):

BD6
AI7
AG9
AK5
BE7
AL2 (I see him being a Marcel Reece type player)
AP3 (Dexter McCluster like player)
BG4
DT#28
Wut??? I like AL2, but Marcel Reece? That comparison makes no sense.

AG4 is the only back I'm interested in personally. At least compared to the rest of the backs. Insanely talented.

I like BD6 in the 6th.

Yes, he and Reece have almost the exact same skillset coming out. Reece has bulked up A LOT since entering the league and this player could potentially do the same, though he's a weapon where he's at right now.

AG4 makes no sense with his injury history and poor fit for what we already have.
No, he didn't. He was a huge WR in college.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72875&draftyear=2008&genpos=FB

He's not a poor fit in the slightest. Poor compliment? Maybe you have an argument there. However he's one of the three most talented RB's in this class.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is absolutely not one of the three most talented and it's naive of you to suggest otherwise. Not to mention his injury history is troubling as well. He's an awful compliment for what we already (and yes, that's what I originally meant).
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
He is absolutely not one of the three most talented and it's naive of you to suggest otherwise. Not to mention his injury history is troubling as well. He's an awful compliment for what we already (and yes, that's what I originally meant).
its naive of you not to see how talented he is

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He's good, but there's no way he's above any of AA2, AB1, AB9, AC8, AE6, AF8, AH3, or AI2. You would have an argument with AD7 and AJ8, meaning he's borderline top 10 at his position.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

He's good, but there's no way he's above any of AA2, AB1, AB9, AC8, AE6, AF8, AH3, or AI2. You would have an argument with AD7 and AJ8, meaning he's borderline top 10 at his position.
AB9, AC8, AF5?, and AH3 don't even have a legit argument. AG4's game is more well rounded and more talented than all. The two you listed as arguable aren't even close Laughing

AG4 isn't someone I'd actually draft for here just because he's very similar to Turbin, all though quicker and a little faster.

He's falling because of a few injury concerns and his attitude. But based off of pure talent, AA2 and AB1 are the only guys I'd say are ahead of him. AE6 is a wild card, really AE6 is the same player with a little better hands and a better attitude and coming off a bigger injury.

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

AB9, AC8, AF5?, and AH3 don't even have a legit argument. AG4's game is more well rounded and more talented than all. The two you listed as arguable aren't even close Laughing

AG4 isn't someone I'd actually draft for here just because he's very similar to Turbin, all though quicker and a little faster.

He's falling because of a few injury concerns and his attitude. But based off of pure talent, AA2 and AB1 are the only guys I'd say are ahead of him. AE6 is a wild card, really AE6 is the same player with a little better hands and a better attitude and coming off a bigger injury.

Well I guess we all have our own evaluations, but I certainly don't agree with yours Laughing
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Well I guess we all have our own evaluations, but I certainly don't agree with yours Laughing
If he ends up on the right team, I think we'll see a year similar to the Redskins back out of him (name is slipping my mind Mad )

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

If he ends up on the right team, I think we'll see a year similar to the Redskins back out of him (name is slipping my mind Mad )

Alfred Morris, and he doesn't have nearly that kind of power running on the interior.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Alfred Morris, and he doesn't have nearly that kind of power running on the interior.
His power isn't as good, but he has very good balance and runs with good forward lean. He's also a whole lot quicker and has a burst Morris doesn't have.

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've officially entered the bidding rounds. I don't think codes are really necessary from here because each team pretty much controls their own fate and I doubt anyone is peaking into other forums for the last two rounds.

Mike Gillislee is already taken. Here are some of the other bids:

Rams
#176 on CB Will Davis
#208 on RB Christine Michael

Ravens
#192 on DT Montori Hughes
#224 on OT Luke Marquardt

Patriots
#166 on DE Malliciah Goodman

Jaguars
#194 on SS Cooper Richmond

Titans
#202 on LB Mike Mauti

Giants
#179 on WR Cobi Hamilton

Packers
#218 on HB Kyle Jucszyk

Cowboys
#177 on WR Marcus Davis
#188 on DE Stansly Maponga
#210 on TE Mychal Rivera

Steelers
#209 on LB Vince Williams

Texans
#219 on RB Knile Davis

We have picks

I think we should go after Montori Hughes to shore up our run defense. Tharold Simon is a guy we should definitely look at in the 6th considering Browner may be on the way out soon. The two guards I mentioned before should be strong considerations as well.

For now, I say we sit back and see how the rest of the board shakes out before we throw out any names.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many DTs do you want to care? Not sure if we have room in our roster

ram29jackson wrote:
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say we trade up and take someone, no idea who

WINTER IS COMING
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Well how have we improved our run defense? I know it's not a huge weakness, but it's still a noticeable one that we've done little to fix other than retain our guys from last year. I think we need a big intimidating NT presence unless we want to slide Red Bryant to NT next to Mebane on some front (which I'm certainly not opposed to). But as it stands now, our run defense is still suspect from where we left it.

Here's my ideal situation (assuming we just stick with our current DLine):

6th round we get Tharold Simon and either Hugh Thornton//Omoregie Uzzi//Khaled Holmes.

7th round we go after a slasher back like Kenjon Barner or Theo Riddick.

UDFA I have a list of guys I REALLY want, including BG4, QB#18, and AP2. Wouldn't mind snagging any of those guys with our 7th if you guys preferred that.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Well how have we improved our run defense? I know it's not a huge weakness, but it's still a noticeable one that we've done little to fix other than retain our guys from last year. I think we need a big intimidating NT presence unless we want to slide Red Bryant to NT next to Mebane on some front (which I'm certainly not opposed to). But as it stands now, our run defense is still suspect from where we left it.

Here's my ideal situation (assuming we just stick with our current DLine):

6th round we get Tharold Simon and either Hugh Thornton//Omoregie Uzzi//Khaled Holmes.

7th round we go after a slasher back like Kenjon Barner or Theo Riddick.

UDFA I have a list of guys I REALLY want, including BG4, QB#18, and AP2. Wouldn't mind snagging any of those guys with our 7th if you guys preferred that.
You think Hughes would actually make our run D better? Because I don't.

That's actually the scenario I was hoping for as well

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
That's actually the scenario I was hoping for as well

Sweet, love being on the same page Laughing

I say just sit back and wait to see if other teams bid on our guys. No reason to throw out names so other teams know what they have to bid to get them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 46 of 49

Jump to: